Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Bgamer90 @ 04/23/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I find Quicker. Simpler. Deeper. to be a funny marketing slogan. When I hear deeper, I'm looking for boots and a shovel, which definitely isn't the way you want to end your marketing message (your 'hook').

I suggested 'On the field. In the action' or something along those lines. That seems to be the goal this release (sadly), to streamline the experience, keeping the gamer in the game and less in the menus.

I honestly don't understand the decision to focus on streamlining the experience when they haven't gotten the experience down right yet. Feels like the cart is in front of the proverbial horse. We're going to make it easier to do something that doesn't quite work right yet. I'd much rather spend the extra time in the menus and play something that works. Their goal was to bring in the casual gamers though, not to make more realistic/sim game of football this release. That's not to say they aren't trying to make some aspects of it more realistic (such as locomotion), but it's easy to see that their ultimate goal was to engage casual gamers (GameFlow, Coach in Ear, Breaking down plays).

I can't quite fault them for making the game for the casual gamers. The game has really gotten too complex for casual gamers. Unfortunately the casual gamers needs don't meet this gamers needs.

Yeah I don't like the slogan either. When I heard back in December or January iirc, I was worried because it sounded like Madden 09.

But Ian said not to be worried and a thought came to my mind that they are somehow going to make casual gamers play more sim. I was right in thinking that since that's what the gameflow feature is going to do while still making the game faster for them to play.

honestly, gameflow sounds really good. Too bad so many people assume it's casual due to the game's motto.

Anything that forces people to play like the teams actually do in real life shouldn't be getting bashed at all.

# 182 43Chargers4Now @ 04/23/10 09:47 PM
There was barely any actual gameplay shown. We waited for that???..........

# 183 24 @ 04/23/10 09:53 PM
it seems it will be another one of "those years" again. by no means am i bashing madden or saying it will be a bad game. what i mean by "those years" is that we will all have to wait until near release to find out if this is a new football game or just the previous madden installment with some tweaks. play calling does look promising but i do not like the motto and the trucking animation seems to be a bit off in the sense that players are seemingly staying in the same running lane Before and after the truck. i will probably purchase the game because it is simply the only game with the liscence and i have only one choice of a next gen football game with actual NFL teams

# 184 T3B0W @ 04/23/10 11:56 PM
I cannot wait for this to drop! Looks the goods (I say this every year!).

# 185 t11 @ 04/24/10 12:12 AM
This trailer just didn't have enough Wow. It just, to be honest, was a terrible showcase of what Madden 11 might be able to do. I have seen people compare this to "something a 12 year old could do with Windows Movie Maker."

I'm not even going to talk about gameplay, because you can't really get anything from a trailer like that.

Not trying to start a war, but the BB commercial had that umph to it. It was a good commercial (not talking about gameplay). It looked very good. They tied the music in well and everything. It was just an appealing commercial.

IMO, that was the only problem with the trailer. It just wasn't made well (Sorry to the guys that spent hours working on that, not trying to bash you).

# 186 skinnybonez @ 04/24/10 12:36 AM
Just sad

# 187 Tyrant8RDFL @ 04/24/10 02:47 AM
Funny Im usually hard on Madden , but the trailer for me looked better than 10 by a lot, and has me interested.

The animations looked better, and the only thing that bothered me a little was when the player got out of lowering himself, got into a robotic running stance, but when he was juking it looked good to me.

Lets take a look at madden 10 and Madden 11. To me their is a difference.

Madden 10

Madden 11

The animations are not where I would love it to be, but I see a difference from 10 and 11.

I also like the new gameflow option for play calling. I feel it presents a bigger challenge to your skill set to see if you can execute with your team by using way more plays then the usual small amount of plays most people go by.

I use a ton of plays so I feel confident in working this, and it's a option so nothing to trash. Just give it a shot in a single player franchise and see if you can still win. Take the challenge it may be a blast.

# 188 icomb1ne @ 04/24/10 04:34 AM
"That was embarrassing. New locomotion...what?"

That was my initial reaction, but after some re-watching, it's not AS bad. Still disappointed that is still only at the level it's at but still. I mainly disappointed that they didn't further improve on the blocking mechanics and the features that they chose this year.

# 189 carnalnirvana @ 04/24/10 07:36 AM
1. corners turned on a dime and was ahead of the WR on streaks aka the no look defense

2. reggie bush juked and remained at top speed, he trucked and showed no signs that he hit something, he didnt flinch one bit, lose a step, wow

3. the linemen still dont know whats going on,

4. the defense, didnt get the locomotion memo, from a strafe to sprint there should be at least 3 steps taken by a player.

i have between now and august to break my football gaming addiction

# 190 Evan_OS @ 04/24/10 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Funny Im usually hard on Madden , but the trailer for me looked better than 10 by a lot, and has me interested.

The animations looked better, and the only thing that bothered me a little was when the player got out of lowering himself, got into a robotic running stance, but when he was juking it looked good to me.

Lets take a look at madden 10 and Madden 11. To me their is a difference.

Madden 10

Madden 11

The animations are not where I would love it to be, but I see a difference from 10 and 11.

I also like the new gameflow option for play calling. I feel it presents a bigger challenge to your skill set to see if you can execute with your team by using way more plays then the usual small amount of plays most people go by.

I use a ton of plays so I feel confident in working this, and it's a option so nothing to trash. Just give it a shot in a single player franchise and see if you can still win. Take the challenge it may be a blast.
The Madden 11 trailer looks noticeably different compared to the Madden 10 trailer. But, not by much.

# 191 Tyrant8RDFL @ 04/24/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
"That was embarrassing. New locomotion...what?"

That was my initial reaction, but after some re-watching, it's not AS bad. Still disappointed that is still only at the level it's at but still. I mainly disappointed that they didn't further improve on the blocking mechanics and the features that they chose this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
1. corners turned on a dime and was ahead of the WR on streaks aka the no look defense

2. reggie bush juked and remained at top speed, he trucked and showed no signs that he hit something, he didnt flinch one bit, lose a step, wow

3. the linemen still dont know whats going on,

4. the defense, didnt get the locomotion memo, from a strafe to sprint there should be at least 3 steps taken by a player.

i have between now and august to break my football gaming addiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
The Madden 11 trailer looks noticeably different compared to the Madden 10 trailer. But, not by much.
Yes as I can see we are animation whores. I will wait for E3 to fully confirm the animations for the game.

Pretty much what we see in E3 for most part is the final product.

# 192 NoTiCe_O @ 04/24/10 11:51 AM
People are critiquing too much too early. They re wrote player movement, that doesn't neccesarily mean player animations. Locomotion might look the same but everywhere you read they all say its something you have to feel for yourself, and its feels "just right".

Not to mention in the NCAA hands on they stated that all the videos you've seen of madden isn't their latest build, and they've yet to release their newest build to the masses. There's still 3 and a half months before the games even comes out.

I don't think gameplan is a gimmick, it adds personality to all the teams, and makes the cpu play like a real nfl team instead of blitzing 8 man on 3rd and 7. Theres alot we don't know about the game, give EA some credit, they built the foundation last year and now their continuing.

As for Franchise, after seeing that video of Drew Brees wearinga suit "in Game" i think theirs def. some upgrades to franchise and some new off the field cut scenes that will bring the fun back into it.

# 193 spit_bubble @ 04/24/10 02:59 PM
"...will make every other football game obsolete..."

Are they really... That... Self-conscious?

If they want to leave NFL 2K5 in the dust, then do so... Don't say so.

I mean, have they never heard: "Once you put your hand to the plow, don't look back"?

Careful EA Sports, you might turn into a pillar of salt!

I don't know, maybe I was reading into that too much???

Anyways, I like that they have made an effort to cut down the game time.

# 194 radatdude2 @ 04/24/10 03:07 PM
to me you can tell the ball carrier is using proper foot planting (looks more realistic) and im sure this is due to the new dual stick controls but the foot planting doesn't seem to be that great with the other players who don't have the ball!

# 195 OrangeCrush @ 04/24/10 03:10 PM
Why is the ball so damn big? I'm shocked something as simple as that went over the heads of the geniuses at Tiburon.

# 196 23 @ 04/24/10 03:59 PM
graphics look crisper in the new version but the movement aint anything revolutionary.

For the word locomotion to be thrown around so much its really nothing to scoff at.

They're way behind 2k and even further behind the upcoming backbreaker... its sad that a marketing slogan can hook so many people.

# 197 Jukeman @ 04/24/10 04:17 PM
No look catches =

# 198 gr18 @ 04/24/10 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
"...will make every other football game obsolete..."

Are they really... That... Self-conscious?

If they want to leave NFL 2K5 in the dust, then do so... Don't say so.

I mean, have they never heard: "Once you put your hand to the plow, don't look back"?

Careful EA Sports, you might turn into a pillar of salt!

I don't know, maybe I was reading into that too much???

Anyways, I like that they have made an effort to cut down the game time.
This.

Don't try to make me believe it's a better product by telling me it is.Prove it.I don't really want to pull out an Xbox 1 game every year because I miss what a football game should REALLY be like.

# 199 Valdarez @ 04/24/10 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
graphics look crisper in the new version but the movement aint anything revolutionary.

For the word locomotion to be thrown around so much its really nothing to scoff at.

They're way behind 2k and even further behind the upcoming backbreaker... its sad that a marketing slogan can hook so many people.
They can't render their game properly, until they solve that problem it's never going to look as good. They tell us the game plays at 60 FPS, the first thing I learned with XNA was the separation of game logic and the drawing of the on screen graphics. This means the game may be playing at 60 FPS, but it's not being drawn at 60 FPS, which IMHO is what's going on. If you go into replay and view a replay, the animations are smooth as all get out, but if you play the game (M10) they are not rendered fluidly during actual gameplay.

# 200 shadthedad @ 04/24/10 05:53 PM
I'm curious to see the numbers on Madden Arcade. I for one enjoyed the title because I could play a game in under 10 minutes. The fact of the matter is that if EA's going to grow the fan base and expand on online franchise, they will need to shorten the games. The average Madden game for me took approximately 45 minutes to complete. I guarantee I would play the game more if the can get me in and out of the experience in under 30 minutes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.