Home
Backbreaker News Post

The Backbreaker QA team has posted some demo hints and tips. Still no date confirmed.

Quote:
"Backbreaker was designed around a new control scheme and a new way to play. Seasoned football gamers will instinctively want to hit the buttons to spin/juke/pass/truck etc. This is normal, but with a little practice you’ll be pulling off evasive and aggressive moves without thinking about it. To help get the hang of things:

i: Complete the training camp drills before leaping into Exhibition, this will give you all the tools you need to play the game.

ii: Consider playing Tackle Alley before Exhibition to help hone your basic running game skills.

iii: If you really don't get on with the dual stick controls after this, select "Alternate Controls" on the controller select screen. This moves the majority of controls to the buttons."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ezio @ 05/20/10 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
Only on 360 then... PS3 demos on Tuesdays... blah!
I know right. Why did they change the day. Oh well. If it drops on the 360 today I will be curious to see what people have to say about it.

# 22 yardz23 @ 05/20/10 01:40 PM
could be the Raiders except the scourge are an elite team!

# 23 ezio @ 05/20/10 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23
could be the Raiders except the scourge are an elite team!
LOL Very true

# 24 tigerbothesh23 @ 05/20/10 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Also interesting to see that they went with the established league history concept over the upstart concept. But I guess in a way it wouldn't have made sense to go with the upstart concept with the league progression model they have. After all, if the leagues were all upstarts at the same time it would be hard to sell to the end user that the next league up is really a higher echelon... at least not without creating a story that more than likely would sound far-fetched or not believable altogether.
Don't forget in the other season mode (which is more like a traditional multi season franchise mode) you get to pick the teams (and the number of teams, 8, 16,32) to be in the league, so you could create teams and do a complete start up league if you like.

# 25 TheWatcher @ 05/20/10 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbothesh23
Don't forget in the other season mode (which is more like a traditional multi season franchise mode) you get to pick the teams (and the number of teams, 8, 16,32) to be in the league, so you could create teams and do a complete start up league if you like.
I like that a lot. I was hoping to be able to do that in another customizable football game, but it only had 8 team slots and you could only use one of them during a season. Good to know that NM learned from that mistake and made sure that didn't happen with their product.

# 26 CreatineKasey @ 05/20/10 01:55 PM
Very excited! Looks like I'll get a legitimate feel of BB from the demo. Can't wait.

# 27 Anaxamander @ 05/20/10 02:00 PM
Thanks guys for posting the full text. It sounds like they really went above and beyond for this demo, and that we will truly get a sense of the gameplay mechanics. Now I just hope that it comes out soon, because I'm really excited about trying out this control scheme.

# 28 ezio @ 05/20/10 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Thanks guys for posting the full text. It sounds like they really went above and beyond for this demo, and that we will truly get a sense of the gameplay mechanics. Now I just hope that it comes out soon, because I'm really excited about trying out this control scheme.
I agree. I was going to wait for the full game but it will be hard not to download the demo to get used to the controls etc. with everything put in the demo.

# 29 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/20/10 02:40 PM
With that much in a demo I hope they don't release it a day or two before the game ships. That would be pointless if you ask me.

Definitely got my juices going though...

# 30 elgreazy1 @ 05/20/10 03:06 PM
That article gave me wood... mahogany.

# 31 malachijohn666 @ 05/20/10 03:36 PM
I wonder if you can custimize rules such as downs and what not. Then I could create the CFL!!! Woot!!

# 32 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/20/10 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
That article gave me wood... mahogany.

# 33 GlennN @ 05/20/10 03:49 PM
They had me at, "Player stats matter in Backbreaker!" I am very excited to check this out.

# 34 khaliib @ 05/20/10 03:57 PM
Can't wait to start my 4 Division College Football.

Really stinks for us PS3 user's.

# 35 kjcheezhead @ 05/20/10 04:01 PM
Wow this is awesome. They've put alot of stuff into this demo. To me, that says they have a lot of confidence in their game.

# 36 ChampN252 @ 05/20/10 04:02 PM
I know there are complaints about no NFL, but they just described several teams. Like with the Indianapolis Spartans. The slow receiver is so Reggie Wayne and the other weapons are the Garcon, Collie, Clark and who ever else is on the team.

# 37 mgoblue678 @ 05/20/10 06:05 PM
That is defiantly a lot to include in a demo, really good move on their part to do that rather than releasing a bare bones demo.

I assume based on their statement about not being afraid to start on easy arcade mode that pro mode and the higher difficulties will be available as well. I would really be disappointed if the demo only allowed us to play only the easy difficulty and didn't allow us to change it to pro mode.

# 38 TheWatcher @ 05/20/10 06:26 PM
Well, since it's out tomorrow I'm definitely going to download it. I'm really looking forward to this one.

# 39 gr18 @ 05/20/10 06:35 PM
This demo sounds awesome!Didn't expect to get nearly this much.

# 40 -DaVe- @ 05/20/10 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
They had me at, "Player stats matter in Backbreaker!" I am very excited to check this out.
So this means weight, strength and speed will finally matter?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.