Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has just posted dynasty blog #3 of 3, talking about recruiting logic and extras.

Quote:
"Dynasty is such a huge part of NCAA Football games that it took three blogs to get through all of the new features this year. You can check out the first two on the new Phone Call and Prospects by clicking on the links. This blog is dedicated to the behind the scenes logic and extras in NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty and Dynasty Modes.

One of the biggest changes to Dynasty Recruiting this year is a new setting allowing control of the difficulty. It has four options: Freshman, Varsity (the default setting), All-American, and Heisman. What you will see as you increase the difficulty is the computer controlled teams will maximize the amount of points they earn each Phone Call. In turn, you really need to be on your game on Heisman mode to sign the Top Prospects.

A huge part of the Recruiting Logic is making the Prospects have a more realistic approach to what school they are going to attend. To accomplish this, we made a few changes to the Prospect’s thought process. First, before a Prospect can pick his final school, he has to have his Top 10 in order. Second, the better a Prospect is, the more it takes to get him to come to your school. Finally, for some Prospects staying near home is a major deal, and it should give those close schools an advantage."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 darrin84 @ 06/07/10 07:44 PM
all this stuff they said they did wont mean a thing if the cpu doest
recuit for there team play style let hope so

# 42 Theyhateme459 @ 06/07/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc79
Sorry but recruiting is a little boring. Hopefully E3 has something to do with carousel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkam89
I'm disappointed in these "dynasty" blogs. They were really just recruiting blogs. There was very little information that pertained to other parts of dynasty mode (new trophies, 1/2 sacks, one week bowl season).
Hopefully they are saving something bigger, like coaching carousel, to be in a blog by itself (or E3).
I guess everyone likes different things, because to me Recruiting is College Football. For me in dynasty it's recruiting, and on the field play. Those are the two main things. Greatly improving recruiting is a HUGE positive for me this year... I'll rather them add great quality features instead of quantity with no quality. With recruiting being improved this year, next year they can focus on coaching carousel and other features.

# 43 jolson88 @ 06/07/10 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Sports
I know this was Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 but… we’re not done. If you are a fan of Online Dynasty mode (and I’m guessing you are if you’re still reading this novella) then you have to pay attention to the NCAA Football news that will come out around E3.
Based on this quote at the end of the article, I'm thinking there really aren't any other big changes coming to offline dynasty (including AD-like features, coaching carousel, etc.). Disappointing, but these recruiting changes are incredibly awesome
I really hope I'm wrong though .

# 44 jfsolo @ 06/07/10 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyhateme459
I guess everyone likes different things, because to me Recruiting is College Football. For me in dynasty it's recruiting, and on the field play. Those are the two main things. Greatly improving recruiting is a HUGE positive for me this year... I'll rather them add great quality features instead of quantity with no quality. With recruiting being improved this year, next year they can focus on coaching carousel and other features.
I concur. I would love to have a coaching carousel, but if there had to be a choice between the two, recruiting was the better choice to deal with first, IMO.

# 45 duckfever8 @ 06/07/10 08:04 PM
If that big feature for Online Dynasty is Coaching Carosuel and it's not available for offline dynasty, i'm going to be so pissed off. Still, fixing the recruiting logic was important. Just have to make sure that teams recruit to their play styles or all this would mean nothing if we still have pocket passers at Navy or Georgia Tech.

# 46 psccats2 @ 06/07/10 08:16 PM
I think that it would be sweet if you could bring in recruits early out of high school and develop them in the off-season. A optional spring game would be cool so development of player would be in your hand rather then the CPU. I also think it would be cool if the game the recruit attended in dynasty mattered. For example the school will get a higher grade if the recruit is on campus when you beat your rival compared to you beating a 1-aa school and you could get a down grade if you lose the game they attend.

# 47 Cubs017 @ 06/07/10 08:50 PM
Sounds good. I would like to see some more variation in ratings for recruits, though, to make things better for smaller schools. Every once and a while you'll get a guy like Dan LeFevour (who hardly anyone wanted) who ends up being one of the best college QB's ever.

# 48 I Peench @ 06/07/10 08:56 PM
I'm a bit taken back by this blog. Obviously its an upgrade, but I feel their emphasis is misplaced. With all of this effort into promoting different styles of offense, where is the logic in teams recruiting players that fit their different offensive schemes? This will undermine the 120 ways to win throughout dynasty mode.

# 49 davep @ 06/07/10 09:01 PM
All the other blogs were meh to me (I'll believe it when I see it type stuff)...I liked this one solely because of the ability to change the recruiting difficulty. Still not a buy for me...but at least I dug this blog.

# 50 Buckeyes_Doc @ 06/07/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I'm a bit taken back by this blog. Obviously its an upgrade, but I feel their emphasis is misplaced. With all of this effort into promoting different styles of offense, where is the logic in teams recruiting players that fit their different offensive schemes? This will undermine the 120 ways to win throughout dynasty mode.
Definitely. it will make the 120 ways to win useless a few years into dynasty.. Let's just hope EA actually fixed this, but you think they would of mentioned this since different styles of offense is what they are going for this year.

# 51 Sublime12089 @ 06/07/10 10:06 PM
As USF I am liking the close to home bonus, give me 10 years, and I will be runnin the state!!! lol

# 52 Sublime12089 @ 06/07/10 10:18 PM
Read it, nice blog, Recruiting is looking better and hopefully it all works.

HOPEFULLY, they will announce coaching carousel, and with that talking about how coaching styles influence recruiting and 120 ways to win. If not I will be very unhappy, especially in the way that they know CC is what everyone is talking about and wants, and continue to hint at its existence as opposed to addressing the rumors with an answer they have know probably for at least a couple months now.

# 53 pw_1016 @ 06/07/10 10:30 PM
I am kinda shocked that it took this long for them to add Trophies, like the Nagurski to the game.

Love the idea of them adding various levels of difficulty to recruiting because I've seen way too many complaints about the recruiting in previous versions being too easy.

# 54 Theyhateme459 @ 06/07/10 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I think before they worry about recruiting for schemes they needed to get recruiting correct. You have to build a solid foundation that can be added on going forward. If it works how the blogs has explained they've built a very solid foundation for recruiting. It's important that developers don't jump crucial steps because that leads to poor implementation of key features. There are plenty of examples of this in the sports gaming market.

# 55 doctorhay53 @ 06/07/10 10:57 PM
For those of you saying recruiting IS college football and that the dynasty blogs address that, I just want to say that I haven't seen anything that proves to me that the recruiting is truly improved. Just because the CPU can beat me out for recruits doesn't mean that teams with 50% of their running plays as QB Options will stop recruiting pocket passers and therefore being positively annoying to play against.

We won't know if these changes REALLY help the game until we've played it for a few weeks. Until then, I'm not getting excited over 3 recruiting blogs that didn't really contain that many improvements to the system.

# 56 str8artist @ 06/07/10 11:01 PM
Good closing to a 3 part blog. Can't wait for the demo next week.

# 57 kingbrandon56 @ 06/07/10 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
So glad to hear about the recruiting difficulty mode and the greatly improved recruit logic. That was the biggest thing holding this series back since dynasty mode was first introduced in 1999. Dynasty mode just isn't fun when USC, Texas, Florida, and Alabama aren't powerhouses.

Not upset about lack of a Spring Game, it would be pointless to add that without adding full 85 man rosters, which may not ever be added due to the 360's disc space limitations. It was a boring mode to play last-gen because you wouldn't have enough players for 2 teams like in real life.

The only other features I would've like for them to add were full 85 man rosters, greyshirting, medical redshirting, recruits not qualifying and getting placed in JUCOs, and coaching carousel.

Your not disappointed but I am disappointed. I like the stuff that was added but I felt that the blog was misleading. It should have been called the recruiting blog and should have been kept to one blog. It was drawn out for no reason. I'm also disappointed because this is exactly the same improvement they made to last years dynasty, which is that they were recruiting based. I think the dynasty will still be stale and boring and could have used some new things like spring game, 85 man rosters, medical redshirting, and coaching carousel. Things that should have not been hard to implement at all.

# 58 JMU_Devil_Dawg @ 06/07/10 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psccats2
I also think it would be cool if the game the recruit attended in dynasty mattered. For example the school will get a higher grade if the recruit is on campus when you beat your rival compared to you beating a 1-aa school and you could get a down grade if you lose the game they attend.
There are different weights attached to certain games that recruits visit in dynasties, its not as pronounced as you desire, but it does exist.

Something in the blog just didn't make sense to me. What the heck does this statement mean?

"First, before a Prospect can pick his final school, he has to have his Top 10 in order."

Either I am a ****** or this is a very, very poor way for them to communicate an idea. I mean, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, can a recruit have his top 10 out of order? What does this mean?!

I am going to offer my prediction for the Online Dynasty news to come out at E3 may be the addition of coaching contracts, job offers and conference invites to the online dynasty. All three of those features already exist to the offline dynasty so it isn't a huge leap to implement them in the online dynasty. That wouldn't be huge news to me but it is their best interest to hype that development if it is indeed incorporated into online dynasty.

# 59 I Peench @ 06/07/10 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyhateme459
I think before they worry about recruiting for schemes they needed to get recruiting correct. You have to build a solid foundation that can be added on going forward. If it works how the blogs has explained they've built a very solid foundation for recruiting. It's important that developers don't jump crucial steps because that leads to poor implementation of key features. There are plenty of examples of this in the sports gaming market.
I agree. Woulda been nice to have both though, no?

# 60 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/07/10 11:29 PM
Nice read. Recruit sounds like it will be more fun and harder this year. But the only thing I don't get in the statis department is. Why bother with half of a sack stuff. I never once in madden 10 got a half a sack. Mainly because the human control D pass rush was not so good. For the half a sack to count. The AI on the human control D needs to be more aggressive then the AI was madden 10.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.