Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Phil Frazier has just posted another Madden NFL 11 blog. Here is a quote that should generate a TON of comments.

Quote:
"To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 HealyMonster @ 06/11/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
LMAO....where the heck do you guys come up with this crap. I swear this site is the ost entertaining place on the Internet. a

# 122 g2thecore @ 06/11/10 05:08 PM
Well there you have it folks. I regret to say that Madden 11 will be a rental for me. Though I appreciate their upfront honesty about the lack of major overhauls to the Offline Franchise, I can't help but be disappointed. I guess I'll be waiting for Madden 12 news.

# 123 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 05:08 PM
ok question....so ea is not going to improve offline franchise beause of ONLINE franchise numbers????

# 124 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Correction brotha.....Killed offline franchise.

I hate the str8 up focus on ONLINE this...Online That.

Offline franchise is where TONS of people kill a TON of time...

Im actually livid....but funny thing is...NOT THE LEAST BIT SURPRISED.

Like i said in another post....Good they are really addressing it...But why this year...For the last 4 years complaints have rolled in about the SHALLOW franchise mode.....

Baffling....
Actually after 4 years of asking for it, I am kind of surprised ..

And you're right, it did KILL offline gaming .. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
And i dont understand....how is it that both nhl 11 and nba elite 11 are both getting real time physics and madden isnt?? i mean wouldnt you think a football game would be the first sports title you would want real time physics in???
Exactly .. maybe they should at least work alongside EA Canada for some tips into making a great game ..

Madden has been my favorite game each year from 1990-2005 .. from 2006-present, it has been lots of back peddling, it seems as though they are lost ..

They are not good at making excuses either ..

# 125 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
LMAO....where the heck do you guys come up with this crap. I swear this site is the ost entertaining place on the Internet. a
LOL iam just waiting for someone with the chris rock kobe bryant gif. where chris rock is us and kobe is ea.

# 126 mestevo @ 06/11/10 05:09 PM
I am primarily an offline franchise player, I'll only be disappointed about this news after next year if they don't follow through. Looking forward to the gameplay improvements w/ Madden 11.

# 127 SteelerSpartan @ 06/11/10 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44

yeah I love funny *** GIFs, especially that one since Ive watched supes a ton

I think that perfectly represents the feeling of most us going through this "Next-gen madden era"

# 128 gabs485 @ 06/11/10 05:12 PM
How can people still trust EA after all of this? Its unbelievable. This is all bullsh!t, they say they need another year to really build the franchise up from the scratch but you have had over 4 years for that and you've failed.

What was madden 06 then? Don't you guys remember that the only things that you could don in Madden 06 franchise mode in the off season were the NFL Draft and Free Agency? There wasn't anything else to do because supposedly they started from the scrath because of the new generation (PS3,Xbox 360). You couldn't even create players or edit their attributes.

I'm still gonna buy madden because I need to play a NFL video and its the only one. But I really feel like they messing with us. EA is not investing in the production when they've already invested in the exclusive licensing agreement, it's not smart business.

The NFL seriously needs to end that deal NOW!!!

# 129 SoxFan01605 @ 06/11/10 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlast
I agree with everyone who recognizes this as GREAT news. They said they fixed the stats, added a few new features, newer player models, this stuff alone is enough for me to buy it. The highlight of this should be that we are getting a new Franchise Mode! How can you not be pumped?
The trouble with this, is that this is EXACTLY what we were told after 09. New team, new direction, building a foundation, etc.

09 was supposed to fix franchise stats as a base. It didn't.

10 was supposed to be the return of franchise mode and the beginning of something special with the addition of the HC guys. This would be the foundation. Instead we got half-finished features and even more stat errors.

Now we are being told 11 will fix what was supposed to have been fixed in 09 and 10. This time though, there is no development team transition...it's the same guys as 09 and 10.

And I hate to sound so negative, but it was never said we are getting a brand new franchise mode. It just said they had to start over with the foundation, which again, is what we were told after 09 and have watched them spin their wheels on for a couple years.

What we just heard was spin. They've now got some people on the hook for the next 2 years. Now, it may turn out to work as stated, which would be great. I'm just saying while it may not be bad news (expected is more like it IMO), I don't see how it translates to great news. They pretty much just recycled their "foundation" rhetoric from the last few years and just delivered it a bit earlier. Nice that we know pre-release, but I don't understand being excited about the news.

And I know this sounds negative, but none of this is meant to bash on the developers or anything. I honestly believe that their hearts are in the right place. I just think they've developed a bad habit (must be brand contagious) of over-promising and under-delivering. It's hard not to be skeptical about how well their stated process works out for us because so far we've only seen multiple half-done features and unmet goals.

# 130 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The trouble with this, is that this is EXACTLY what we were told after 09. New team, new direction, building a foundation, etc.

09 was supposed to fix franchise stats as a base. It didn't.

10 was supposed to be the return of franchise mode and the beginning of something special with the addition of the HC guys. This would be the foundation. Instead we got half-finished features and even more stat errors.

Now we are being told 11 will fix what was supposed to have been fixed in 09 and 10. This time though, there is no development team transition...it's the same guys as 09 and 10.

And I hate to sound so negative, but it was never said we are getting a brand new franchise mode. It just said they had to start over with the foundation, which again, is what we were told after 09 and have watched them spin their wheels on for a couple years.

What we just heard was spin. They've now got some people on the hook for the next 2 years. Now, it may turn out to work as stated, which would be great. I'm just saying while it may not be bad news (expected is more like it IMO), I don't see how it translates to great news. They pretty much just recycled their "foundation" rhetoric from the last few years and just delivered it a bit earlier. Nice that we know pre-release, but I don't understand being excited about the news.

And I know this sounds negative, but none of this is meant to bash on the developers or anything. I honestly believe that their hearts are in the right place. I just think they've developed a bad habit (must be brand contagious) of over-promising and under-delivering. It's hard not to be skeptical about how well their stated process works out for us because so far we've only seen multiple half-done features and unmet goals.

# 131 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 05:18 PM
us trying to talk to ea....

# 132 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
us trying to talk to ea....

# 133 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485
How can people still trust EA after all of this? Its unbelievable. This is all bullsh!t, they say they need another year to really build the franchise up from the scratch but you have had over 4 years for that and you've failed.

What was madden 06 then? Don't you guys remember that the only things that you could don in Madden 06 franchise mode in the off season were the NFL Draft and Free Agency? There wasn't anything else to do because supposedly they started from the scrath because of the new generation (PS3,Xbox 360). You couldn't even create players or edit their attributes.

I'm still gonna buy madden because I need to play a NFL video and its the only one. But I really feel like they messing with us. EA is not investing in the production when they've already invested in the exclusive licensing agreement, it's not smart business.

The NFL seriously needs to end that deal NOW!!!
Annnnnnd that my friend is why they dont care what kind of game they give us..

# 134 jeremym480 @ 06/11/10 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe it will sell tons next year then.

I feel bad about offline franchise people, but I just don't have the time anymore to get involved with that anymore.

Hopefully, for everyone, it's a short term pain for a long term gain.
This. To say I'm not disappointed would be a lie but, if this is all for the "greater good" then what's another year of waiting?

More than likely I will still purchase M11. Hopefully, the game-play upgrades, improved sim stats and new commentary will help out with the disappointment.

However, I'm still holding out hope that putting a player on IR opens up a roster spot. Don't let me down EA

# 135 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I think he just read the "madden 12 blog" on his ipad

# 136 Valdarez @ 06/11/10 05:40 PM
I respect this type of communication far more than the hype they gave us last year. What they say in the blog makes sense. If they are truly assembling a team to do it from the ground up, then I hope we get truly innovate approaches to the Franchise, and career mode which IMHO should be it's own game, not part of NCAA or Madden. There's enough there, there's enough changes you can make for each position to make it truly a unique experience. I'd pay for a career based game that's done well.

# 137 Valdarez @ 06/11/10 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
The even MORE ridiculous part of this is, I've seen NUMEROUS people whine and cry that they should make this game every 2 years so that it has more features and everything is fixed...um...so they got their wishes, and yet there is still all the bitching. I am perfectly fine with this game....upgraded audio, commentary, graphics, controls, stats, injuries, presentation...all of the things that makes football...football has been fixed. I think this year's game is gonna rock.
Umm, no they didn't get their wishes. Game is still going on sell for $60. Not the same thing by a long shot.

# 138 jdr4693 @ 06/11/10 05:45 PM
I'm really getting sick of having to take a back seat (as an offline gamer) to all this online dynasty, franchise etc. crap... The reason everyone loved ESPN NFL 2k5 was because it had such a deep and fun offline franchise..heck it didnt even have any of this new online crap and people still prefer it over all the new online stuff. Why? because offline franchise (done well) is more addictive than a stupid online dynasty and online league that is boring after like a couple weeks!!!

# 139 crenk @ 06/11/10 05:50 PM
This is a very bitter sweet announcement. It obviously sucks for this year. It sucks that I wont be playing madden until the summer of 2011 earliest. But if they truly are building up franchise from the ground and are gonna do it right this time then ultimately we will all be happier for it. Some minor bull sh*% add ons this year and next year etc would not have made us happy either, so swallow the pill this year and hopefully rejoice 14 months from now.

Now who is gonna start a clean franchise ideas thread for the devs?

# 140 Sheamazin @ 06/11/10 05:55 PM
Well atleast the Meadowlands will host the Superbowl in 2014 in the game.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.