Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Phil Frazier has just posted another Madden NFL 11 blog. Here is a quote that should generate a TON of comments.

Quote:
"To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Rocky @ 06/11/10 05:58 PM
If this 'Gameflow' gimmick took precedent over rehauling a long lasting playing mode, then that's just a slap in the face. I hate to say it, but that's what it is.

# 142 TDKing @ 06/11/10 06:00 PM
For the guys that are saying they respect them for being up front... They are only telling us this now to eliminate as much negativity as they can before E3. They want us to get it all out now that way there will be a more positivie atmosophere around E3. So they are only being honest and upfront to serve there own purpose. IMO.

# 143 Valdarez @ 06/11/10 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Well, like I said before and was of course attacked and called a liar for stating this fact (what's new?)... franchise is not one of their top market targets (money-makers) and hasn't been all generation, if not longer. I was told what their top money-makers are by an EA official, and franchise is not one of them. They're not basing their decisions to make franchise upgrades just on some website polls from sites that would attract hardcore franchise players. It doesn't work that way. They have structured systems and procedures in place to collect data from a number of sources offline and on, and they determine what's going to get the top and/or back-of-the-box heavily marketed feature attention, based on that data the same as any other game franchise would.

After 5 years, really, none of this should come as a shock. If anything, online franchise in Madden 10 was more than likely a big reach for them, they looked at the data from that, and probably decided against doing any major moves there either, hence the message they've put out.

Thing is, this is not going to phase them a bit. Madden 11 will outsell Madden 10 and not miss a beat in the sales department, you can bet on that.
You have to question some of the statistic though, especially when it comes to data mining. If you don't look at the data right, or even ask the right question, then many times you'll get answer that can lead you astray more than point you in the right direction. I find it hard to believe that Franchise mode isn't the #1 mode. My guess is 'play now' is probably the #1 mode if you look at how many time's some initiates it. Play now is a single game, played once. where as Franchise can be started, and someone may play 4 to 6 games in one sitting (hypothetically of course). If they look at it and say that's 1 play now and 1 franchise, then franchise will never matchup to the Play Now mode. Just an example of where the data, if not diagnosed properly, can be misleading.

As for money maker, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, as it can have several meanings. Are you able to share the top money makers with us, or is that confidential info?

# 144 Valdarez @ 06/11/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark28_316
Instead of crying about it, pitch them your ideas.
Agreed!

# 145 K_GUN @ 06/11/10 06:11 PM
kids

it is what it is

there's no crying in baseball & there's certainly no crying in video game football

# 146 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 06:11 PM
Haven't people been pitching ideas for the last 5 years on def ears?

# 147 g2thecore @ 06/11/10 06:12 PM
I love how a lot of you guys have so much faith in every word Tiburon tells us. Just because they're telling us that Madden 12 will be the year of Franchise doesn't mean it will be what we expect of it. It also doesn't mean that we shouldn't be disappointed about having to wait another year to see some REAL upgrades to our favorite game mode.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm highly disappointed in the news because Franchise Mode pretty much is the ONLY reason why I play Madden. I'm not an online competitive player when it comes to sports games. I like to kick back and enjoy my offline experience. Sure they're "fixing" stats etc..but the game mode as a whole is extremely boring. Nothing motivates me to want to come back after more than 2 full seasons.

I wish I could say that I'm optimistic that Madden 12 will be a great year for Franchise, but I've officially lost all faith in EA Tiburon. And for the first time ever, I honestly will not purchase the game. Will I play it? Sure, but I will not purchase it. At this point, I'm just going to observe from the sideline how the series develops. I will no longer put my hopes up. And I DEFINITELY no longer buy into the hype.

I'm looking forward to NCAA and Fifa 11 this year for my sports game fixes. Cheers.

# 148 rangerrick012 @ 06/11/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I love how a lot of you guys have so much faith in every word Tiburon tells us. Just because they're telling us that Madden 12 will be the year of Franchise doesn't mean it will be what we expect of it. It also doesn't mean that we shouldn't be disappointed about having to wait another year to see some REAL upgrades to our favorite game mode.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm highly disappointed in the news because Franchise Mode pretty much is the ONLY reason why I play Madden. I'm not an online competitive player when it comes to sports games. I like to kick back and enjoy my offline experience. Sure they're "fixing" stats etc..but the game mode as a whole is extremely boring. Nothing motivates me to want to come back after more than 2 full seasons.

I wish I could say that I'm optimistic that Madden 12 will be a great year for Franchise, but I've officially lost all faith in EA Tiburon. And for the first time ever, I honestly will not purchase the game. Will I play it? Sure, but I will not purchase it. At this point, I'm just going to observe from the sideline how the series develops. I will no longer put my hopes up. And I DEFINITELY no longer buy into the hype.

I'm looking forward to NCAA and Fifa 11 this year for my sports game fixes. Cheers.

BRAVO

# 149 parrothead @ 06/11/10 06:19 PM
If the 3-4 works and stats are fixed this year will be a nice place holder until next year.

# 150 SouthernBrick @ 06/11/10 06:24 PM
Glad I'm not a franchise guy, especially a hardcore one.

# 151 [Icy] @ 06/11/10 06:38 PM
No changes to superstar and franchise means no purchase for me this year, i don't like to play sports games online with all the cheaters etc.

# 152 K_GUN @ 06/11/10 06:46 PM
and honestly....sports games in general just don't seem to offer much from year to year anymore

i took a year off from MLB the show between 08 and 09....but picked up '10....and won't be picking up 11

i may purchase madden 11...but to me, M10 will suffice this year

# 153 Palo20 @ 06/11/10 06:50 PM
So Madden 12 = Head Coach??

# 154 TreFacTor @ 06/11/10 06:52 PM
This is all I was waiting to hear... I won't be buying Madden this year, maybe not ever again.

# 155 N51_rob @ 06/11/10 07:08 PM
This is pretty disapointing news to me personally. Online Franchie was a great addition to Madden. Perhaps the reason no one played it, was because it was fundamentally broken without a salary cap and FA something that has been in Madden for years.

When NCAA released Online Dynasty, they didn't take out recruiting. I mean you look at the systems that people have to go through to make Online franchise have some sort of FA, not to mention the fact that when you draft players if you are over 53 the CPU will cut players for you.

The Madden Online Franchinse Ipod/Iphone app never worked as far as I could tell. It seems like Madden released a half assed attempt at Online Franchise then says no one used it so we don't think its popular feature, or to say that scouting won't be included in Online Franchise (OF) because it's not where the hardcore users are. Look at all the work that the ACQB OF has doen to make their FA system work, then say that those users aren't "hardcore".

While it's nice to hear that '12 is they year of the franchise "overhaul". I remember them adding one of the guys who worked on HC to the Madden staff last year, and there wasn't a lot of tweak to Franchise online or offline.

I personally didn't buy Madden 09 because I was having a blast with NCAA 09 and it OD. I loved the direction of Madden 10 and bought it, but honestly I think that NCAA 11 is gonna blow Madden 11 out of the water interms of the online leagues, which is what I'm becoming more interested in. Although the ability to adjust the diffculty in recruiting could give the offline Dynasty more legs this year.

I'm really disapointed in this news, but there is still a long ways to go until August so I will hold out making snap judgements. That said, this news probably means that I won't be getting Madden on release day. I will have to wait and see what that small "OS demografic" of hardcore sim gamers thinks of it.

But my hats off to EA for being forward about this and addressing the issue before E3 rather than waiting around for it to be reported on various websites.

# 156 thesteamontheboat @ 06/11/10 07:18 PM
I am cool with this except for one thing could they add highlights into the extra point cuz the chick says lets see the stats and highlights which means they thought about this last year.
1. The stats being fixed is huge.
2. Superbowl Presentation upgraded....
3. I feel we will atleast get a full off season roster for 12 to make up slack.
4. Better draft presentation is a must.

Where do I go to give EA these ideas?

# 157 lgxjames @ 06/11/10 07:21 PM
NO BUY

# 158 bo4345 @ 06/11/10 07:23 PM
Well look on the bright side guys, there's always next decade! Right?

# 159 g2thecore @ 06/11/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
All of you guys here are FULL OF CRAP!!!...All of you are saying that "I am not gonna buy the game this year, I am not gonna buy it."

And then as soon as the release date comes up, you are rushing to the store to buy your copy of the game!

You guys are nothing but a bunch of Key Board Gangsters. All talk and no action.
Lol...Well that's your opinion bro. I'm sure there are some guys saying that they won't buy,who will in fact buy it. But I don't think it's fair to generalize. I know I won't buy it for the first time this year. Do I care if you believe me or not? Negative!

# 160 tooldude79 @ 06/11/10 07:36 PM
depressing news..but i cant say that i expected anything different from Tiburon...excuses and putting things off every year..yawn

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.