Home
MLB 10 News Post

V.3 is finished and is currently up on SportsConnect under the name of "strut24v3done". Please remember to vote thumbs up to the file when you download, so any impostor files aren't mistaken.

This version has everything in v.2 PLUS RAZR's pitch and stamina edits and strut24's stance/delivery updates. ALL stances/motions are done as of June 11. Anyone called up after that, has not been added yet but will be added to my IN SEASON thread. So guys like Joe Martinez, Enrique Gonzalez, Daniel Nava, Justin Ruggiano etc have NOT been done yet. Here is the link to the In Season thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-rosters.html

Here is a Word document of all the changes that strut did to the rosters: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ml24bf

What is going on with the file now, you ask? JaSnake is working on v4, which will include updates to the stock SCEA players to update current real life performance. There is no ETA at this time for that file.

Here is HustlinOwl's Franchise File, which is for users that want a 30 team user controlled franchise file: http://www.mediafire.com/?okncwnj2wnm

Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina.

Quote:
For those who don't mind changing sliders use these for what I believe to be the fullest experience of the stamina edits

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5
Reliever Stamina 0 for both user and cpu

For those that prefer to stick as close as possible to default use these suggestions that SoxFan posted

Starter Stamina (User): 6
Reliever Stamina (User): 3

Starter Stamina (CPU): 7
Reliever Stamina (CPU): 5 (default)
Manager Hook (CPU): 3

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 gkasper @ 06/14/10 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Yup. He and Greinke, Sheets, Cliff Lee, and Lincecum are all maxed out. Also another comment on the stamina edits. Most get the impression that there was a mass lowering going on. A good amount of guys actually got boosted. The main goal was to separate the great guys from the normal and mediocre pitchers. We simply increased the gap so that you will see a difference in your top and bottom of the rotation guys.
Justin Verlander should definitely be maxed out too (haven't checked if he is or not)!

And please don't forget to give Francisco Liriano some adjustment. His stamina and numbers are down but he is pitching amazingly so far this year.

# 122 huskerfan4life @ 06/14/10 11:40 PM
I've got it on 30 team roster control and made some trades that i had to accept how do i make it where the cpu controls the trading, fa lists for the other 29 teams or do i have to do that?

# 123 HustlinOwl @ 06/14/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
I've got it on 30 team roster control and made some trades that i had to accept how do i make it where the cpu controls the trading, fa lists for the other 29 teams or do i have to do that?
gameplay global and everything auto

# 124 huskerfan4life @ 06/15/10 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
gameplay global and everything auto
thanks for the info

# 125 huskerfan4life @ 06/15/10 12:29 AM
Quote:
I just created a thread in the slider forum for that sort of thing just to clear up other areas. If you could post some stats that would be great.
ok will do

# 126 hope4bob @ 06/15/10 12:42 AM
Quote:
Give it some more time and let me know on that. Two bad starts in a row could easily happen.

So you run a sim for the first time with any roster set and it's the stamina edits that caused any statistical errors for pitchers?

By the way you actually can go 100+ pitches with a guy with 60 stamina. It will simply take more work so your 4 innings 95 pitches thing doesn't exactly hold up in this case. Plus this is calculated over an entire season and I'd assume that if a starter only was going 4 innings every start he wouldn't be starting. I am going for in game play instead of simmed issues. And also I've said it before and I'll state it more clearly now. I am finished editing stamina on these rosters. Any other requests/solutions/claims that action needs to be take will not be done by me. If you want the ratings that "suck" changed then take care of it on your own accord.
Bravo!

# 127 hope4bob @ 06/15/10 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
To anyone who plays w/ the pitch edits: Do you guys have any tips on how to get K's with the different types of 2-seam/sinkers? I can't ever strike anyone out especially with the sinker and if I pitch it up and away or up and in, they always seem to kill it. I play on All-Star difficulty.
RAZr had it right. I'd also add change speeds and if you're throwing inside,
better get it inside!

Pitching is actually my favorite part of the game and these new edits are
flat out amazing. I also play on all star level but auto field manual throw,
meter pitching little or no visual strike zone aids on.

It is a pleasant surprize to see cpu players get frozen on a well placed pitch. Each pitcher is totally different from the previous. It's a blast.

I have low scoring games because I suck at hitting (even using Yankees)
but pitch pretty well and I don't have to catch the ball just throw it.

Anyway thanks again to Knight, Strut Razr and all for making a really
good game a great one.

bob

# 128 MizzyMike05 @ 06/15/10 01:48 AM
im sorry if i came off wrong. ive been following this since march and i understand what is going on. i didnt mean to diss on the v3 rosters. i love them, the pitch edits, the stances, full minors, etc and i play everday. i was just tryin to put my 2 cent in because i didnt like the formula used. sorry. i was just trying to help. i know that it not getting changed now. i was just telling you guys what i thought. im sorry razr or strut or knight or anyone if i offended you in anyway about the rosters. i thanked you guys a lot, and heck, i will thank you again. i am very stoked for the v4 updates. again, i apologize to anyone i have offended, and i was not dissing or anything like that on the work done, i was just telling you what i thought of the stamina formula.

# 129 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 06/15/10 02:12 AM
RAZAR OR brett os maybe you guys could answer this what rosters are these. i know there the full minors but i havent been keeping update cuz i started franchise but i was stupid and deleting all myu music so i got to restart. all these rosters update to as of june or these the opening day rosters with different edits?

# 130 42 @ 06/15/10 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
RAZAR OR brett os maybe you guys could answer this what rosters are these. i know there the full minors but i havent been keeping update cuz i started franchise but i was stupid and deleting all myu music so i got to restart. all these rosters update to as of june or these the opening day rosters with different edits?

These are still Opening Day rosters but with Razr's Pitch/Stamina edits and Strut's Stance/Motion edits.

# 131 JaSnake16 @ 06/15/10 07:18 AM
Update: Didnt get the whole NL in last night, 3 teams left out west. Will keep plugging away tonight hopefully getting through at least the AL East.

# 132 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 06/15/10 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_OS
These are still Opening Day rosters but with Razr's Pitch/Stamina edits and Strut's Stance/Motion edits.
thx man do u think brett its easier to update these or is it hard im still piss i got to restart

# 133 sfg27 @ 06/15/10 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Update: Didnt get the whole NL in last night, 3 teams left out west. Will keep plugging away tonight hopefully getting through at least the AL East.
jasnake is it possible you can post buster posey rating here.Im not planning to start a new franchise.

# 134 sfg27 @ 06/15/10 11:41 AM
Does anyone knows who (sp) patrick hager of the nationals is he a real prospect or a fake.He in single A any answer would help.

# 135 mattlanta @ 06/15/10 01:32 PM
Just providing some minor input on the pitch edits:

Javier Vazquez (NYY) has a running fastball, and it really does run the way it's supposed to in the game.
Craig Kimbrel (ATL) also has a running fastball.
Jair Jurrjens (ATL) has a straight 4 seam fastball and uses his 2 seamer separate than his straight, over the top heater.
Jonny Venters (ATL) is known for his 2-seam fastball which he uses often.

Also... I'm wondering if there's anyway I can make these edits myself. I know I can actually do it, but what do you guys base the ratings off of? Can anyone tell me what RAZR bases em off? Thanks.

# 136 CubbieFan @ 06/15/10 01:36 PM
From what I can tell he isn't real. You can replace him with Erik Arnensen whos on the Nationals triple A team.

# 137 tigsbaseballfan @ 06/15/10 05:03 PM
will roster transactions be updated?, dont want to make room for a "dewayne wise type" by releasing a "mike stanton type prospect", eg. trying to move winn off yanks to cards, dont know who to get rid of, went to their site , still no idea.

# 138 Aloia50 @ 06/15/10 06:25 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I downloaded the franchise file, put it on my ps3 fine...I just dont understand how it works, how I choose the team I want to control and ignore the rest of them. thanks.

# 139 42 @ 06/15/10 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloia50
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I downloaded the franchise file, put it on my ps3 fine...I just dont understand how it works, how I choose the team I want to control and ignore the rest of them. thanks.

Head to "Profile Association" in your Franchise Menu - select which team you want to control, make sure the rest are set to "No Profile"

# 140 Aloia50 @ 06/15/10 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_OS
Head to "Profile Association" in your Franchise Menu - select which team you want to control, make sure the rest are set to "No Profile"
thanks, but i still recieve emails from the other franchises...is there any way around this or no?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.