Home
MLB 10 News Post

V.3 is finished and is currently up on SportsConnect under the name of "strut24v3done". Please remember to vote thumbs up to the file when you download, so any impostor files aren't mistaken.

This version has everything in v.2 PLUS RAZR's pitch and stamina edits and strut24's stance/delivery updates. ALL stances/motions are done as of June 11. Anyone called up after that, has not been added yet but will be added to my IN SEASON thread. So guys like Joe Martinez, Enrique Gonzalez, Daniel Nava, Justin Ruggiano etc have NOT been done yet. Here is the link to the In Season thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-rosters.html

Here is a Word document of all the changes that strut did to the rosters: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ml24bf

What is going on with the file now, you ask? JaSnake is working on v4, which will include updates to the stock SCEA players to update current real life performance. There is no ETA at this time for that file.

Here is HustlinOwl's Franchise File, which is for users that want a 30 team user controlled franchise file: http://www.mediafire.com/?okncwnj2wnm

Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina.

Quote:
For those who don't mind changing sliders use these for what I believe to be the fullest experience of the stamina edits

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5
Reliever Stamina 0 for both user and cpu

For those that prefer to stick as close as possible to default use these suggestions that SoxFan posted

Starter Stamina (User): 6
Reliever Stamina (User): 3

Starter Stamina (CPU): 7
Reliever Stamina (CPU): 5 (default)
Manager Hook (CPU): 3

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 coreyhartsdaughter @ 06/14/10 03:23 AM
I wanted to chime in on the suggested slider adjustments on page one.

Setting CPU Strike Frequency to zero may be a detriment over the long term; more so if the goal is to get pitchers to the later innings on realistic pitch counts.

Keep in mind that this slider is what determines the CPU pitchers 'intent' on throwing a ball vs. a strike, not if the pitch ends up a ball (do to poor control, lower consistency, poor confidence, or the pitcher being gassed.) It's like taking the effect and making it the cause.

If anything, you'll want the strike frequency closer to 3,4, or 5 to get the effect forum users are requesting. The CPU SHOULD be throwing more early pitches for strikes, (than you'll see at SF at 0) putting it on the USER to make him throw balls, foul pitches, or draw walks. If the argument is that if the CPU throws to many 'hittable' pitches, than the USER needs to look at their hitting sliders to see why they are able to hit strikes so easily. Be it increasing pitch speed, lowering contact, or going up in difficulty, lowering strike frequency will actually make the stanima effect discussed here worse.

Getting the CPU to throw balls although derivative of ratings (BB/9) is a game trait the USER should be tasked with. The inverse on the HUM pitching (CPU hitting) side is just as true as well.

# 82 JaSnake16 @ 06/14/10 08:39 AM
Update: Cubs are done, did them this morning before work. Rest of NL hopefully tonight. Got in touch with Razr, I edited the pitch speeds on Ollie Perez and John Maine. Now they suck like they should LOL .

Cubs fans: Tyler Colvin, definitely better now from SCEA stock. I dont remember how much better I made him but I didnt turn him into a .300 / 30 guy cause he may turn into that but I dont think he will be one this year (or I could eat crow and he will be). TD if you see this before I get to you, didnt want to bother you at 6:00 AM, reach out buddy.

# 83 Zumi @ 06/14/10 09:08 AM
Can you make sure Stephen Strasburg has his sound file for his last name?

# 84 JaSnake16 @ 06/14/10 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
I think that corrections like those should be publicly noted because most people want everything as correct and accurate as possible. As a roster maker, I openly welcome any corrections and suggestions, especially very easy to overlook mistakes like those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I admit, Zawadzki is a small correct but Tate is a big one in my book
I can definitely make the adjustment but I really am not looking at Names, Numbers etc. Also remember I am sending the file back to Knight prior to release and I think he had some subtle changes that he was looking to make as far as players.

Franchise PM me this so I remember when I get to the Padres.

# 85 JaSnake16 @ 06/14/10 12:31 PM
I also want to reiterate what TD mentioned a couple of pages back. If you want to send us a shout on certain players that are under / over rated, please I ask (beg) for you to do so. Listen Im from New York, Im a Yankee fan, in multiple big money fantasy leagues and an avid baseball fan in general. TD is a Cincinatti guy with the same background. That being said we dont know everything that is going on with every player. I just got a PM from NKrause with some input on some Rockies which is truly helpful (big props NKrause). If you have some helpful input on players PM me. And please try to keep the homerism to a minimum even I do that (damn Red Sox LMAO).

# 86 abcabc @ 06/14/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
I also want to reiterate what TD mentioned a couple of pages back. If you want to send us a shout on certain players that are under / over rated, please I ask (beg) for you to do so. Listen Im from New York, Im a Yankee fan
sweetness (rubs hands together) this means the Yankees are gonna be Acker-rite!

what do you think of my observations....

peeps like swish and gardner, both new for 2010 .300 hitters.
cervilli, should be more the speedster that he is around the bases instead of having speed rating 27... too close to Posada 22...
cano...well, better fielder than scea rates him. and clutch of 51 too low now.

for pitchers... not sure about hughes and pettitte get the same '62' clutch rating. i think pettitte should be higher than hughes. note, AJ listed at 66.

for hughes his curve ball, it's supposed to be a knuckle curve. on v3 it's listed as a 12-6. Also the control of 51, seems too low for me. (It's under better control than AJ, listed sweeping curve at 54 btw) he had one of the better benders in the minors even after i think only being taught/told to develop the pitch after signing w/ the Yankees, to do away with his slider.

another thing, curve12-6 break hughes: 73 vs curveweeping break AJ: 61.
AJ has one of the 'deadliest' benders in the game MLB. He just can't be consistent w/ its control from start to start

i think hughes break rating could be fine, just that AJ's needs even more break than hughes

(wish SCEA could do a attribute about the variability of the consistency of control of a pitch).

on the other hand, arod and tex get some downgrades

# 87 MizzyMike05 @ 06/14/10 04:35 PM
Pittsburgh Pirates edits: (thank god you haven't finished them yet lol)

Paul Maholm, SP
-he probably doesn't need too much of a tweak, but his stamina is a bit too low in my opinion, and his H/9 needs to be tweaked up a little bit. otherwise, he is pretty spot on

Ross Ohlendorf, SP
-again, i believe his stamina is a bit too low, and his H/9, K/9, and BB/9 should be tweaked up. his HR/9 shouldn't be touched, maybe even lowered because he gives up too many long balls.

Jeff Karstens, SP
-he always has looked decent. his stamina is way way too low, like a reliever. almost every start he makes, he goes 6.0 IP. maybe tweak up his main attributes, otherwise, he is fine.

Brad Lincoln, SP
-he doesn't need much of a tweak, but i think that his stamina and other main attributes should probably be raised a little.

Octavio Dotel, CP
-his K/9 needs to be lowered a little because he gets some K's, but not that many. his H/9 definitely needs to be lowered because it seems like every time he comes in, he at least gives up a base hit. so overall, a little bit of a lowering for Mr. Dotel.

Wilfredo Ledezma, CP
-I don't know why but since the pitch edits, his attributes have been raised too high in my opinion. he needs a bit of a lowering all around.

Akinori Iwamura, 2B
-as i'm sure you understand, he probably needs a bit of a lowering all around, especially in the contact area.

Ronny Cedeno, SS
-i believe that Mr. Cedeno needs a boost in the contact area because he has shown this season that he can get decent contact against both LHP and RHP. and maybe a little boost on his fielding ability too.

Lastings Milledge, LF
-he is now our primary RF as long as Tabata is in the lineup. his speed definitely needs to be lowered a bit, and his power too. his contact may need a little bit of a lowering.

Andrew McCutchen, CF
-he is pretty much spot on, except for his speed. he definitely needs a boost in speed to maybe almost all the way up because he is an elite speedster. his BR ability and aggressiveness also needs a boost.

Delwyn Young, RF
-he needs just a little boost in pretty much all fields in my eyes. he is real clutch and a good fielder, except at 3B lol.

Jose Tabata, RF
-he is actually the everyday starting LF now since being called up, and he will most likely lead off everyday. his contact against both LHP and RHP needs to be raised for sure, his BR aggressiveness needs a boost, and maybe a little on fielding.

i think that's about it for the Pittsburgh Pirates lol. i hope this helps!

# 88 hope4bob @ 06/14/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc

peeps like swish and gardner, both new for 2010 .300 hitters.
cervilli, should be more the speedster that he is around the bases instead of having speed rating 27... too close to Posada 22...
cano...well, better fielder than scea rates him. and clutch of 51 too low now.

for pitchers... not sure about hughes and pettitte get the same '62' clutch rating. i think pettitte should be higher than hughes. note, AJ listed at 66.

for hughes his curve ball, it's supposed to be a knuckle curve. on v3 it's listed as a 12-6. Also the control of 51, seems too low for me. (It's under better control than AJ, listed sweeping curve at 54 btw) he had one of the better benders in the minors even after i think only being taught/told to develop the pitch after signing w/ the Yankees, to do away with his slider.

another thing, curve12-6 break hughes: 73 vs curveweeping break AJ: 61.
AJ has one of the 'deadliest' benders in the game MLB. He just can't be consistent w/ its control from start to start

i think hughes break rating could be fine, just that AJ's needs even more break than hughes

(wish SCEA could do a attribute about the variability of the consistency of control of a pitch).

on the other hand, arod and tex get some downgrades
Some nice adjustments. Especially Cano's fielding, Well almost everything
about Cano should be bumped up. He's the real deal.

AROD and Tex could probably use a slight downgrade in power numbers
but I think that could happen almost across the board with all big time
power hitters of the last 5 years. A lot of HR numbers are coming back
to earth where 30 - 40 a year is excellent and above that extra ordinary.

Of course being a Yankees fan I always think game writers are Red Sox
fans. If you look at the overall defaults of this year's SCEA teams they
have the Red Sox rated higher than the Yankees. hmmmm... who won
the WS last year? hmmm... "*(no flames please. just having a little fun)

On a side note to the other Yankees fans here, every time I start a new
franchise with the latest set of rosters I immediately offer the Angels
Randy Winn for Matsui in a streight up trade. So far they have excepted
the trade every time. Once it took them almost a week but still accepted
the trade. So at least in the video game I can correct some of Cashman's
er, uh, less fortunate moves, shall we say.

bob

# 89 ThirdDegree5803 @ 06/14/10 05:15 PM
guys...we are not adjusting stamina...if you do not like the edits change them as you see fit or use banzho's program...outside of that all of those suggestions are good guys, Ja and I appreciate them greatly! keep it goin

# 90 Clarityman @ 06/14/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc

It's not often I agree with a Yankees fan , but I have to agree with most of these edits! I think Swisher's ratings are mostly fine and Cano's fielding is actually accurate IMHO, but most of the others make sense, including boosting Cano's clutch and boosting those pitching ratings.

Now onto my beloved Red Sox. C'mon we've been banished to third place, we need some love!

I downloaded Bahnzo's edited roster to see some of the potential changes, since I'm assuming his roster is similar to the rerates, and I really hope these are addressed. Please!!! I beg!

-Beltre should get an ever so slight boost to offense... I mean, he is one of the AL batting average leaders. It's probably an aberration, so that's why I say ever so slight, but still it's there.

-Papi needs slightly higher power... his connect R is still lower than years past, but in May he hit the fourth longest HR in Comerica Park history, a 450 foot blast to the part of the ballpark nobody had ever homered in... not to mention hitting more HR's than any other player in the month. That's pretty significant.

-Martinez needs higher power... in Bahnzo's edited roster, he had power in the low 20's... his power less than Pedroia's? Martinez is a 20+ HR a season kind of guy, that one is crazy. V-Mart has hit several bombs to center field in Fenway, no way should his power be that low.

Other than that I think my team is fairly well represented as is... sorry for the homerism! Just I really love my team, I think you can understand that!

# 91 Majingir @ 06/14/10 05:28 PM
How accurate are the rosters of this file

# 92 ThirdDegree5803 @ 06/14/10 05:34 PM
power will be dropped a bit with most players guys....I just want to get that out there...Victor might need a SMALL boost but you would be surprised how things sim out w/ the attributes sometimes...I've seen guys with power attributes similar to or lower than his hit 20-25 HR...no bs...there was, however, a minor boost with some of SCEA's stock ratings this year and I haven't gotten the chance to sim multiple seasons but no doubt JaSnake16 will be doing this when he is done w/ his work...I just got a look at his binder of notes...this roster will be sweet when done...Ja you should post that pic you sent me lol...

# 93 hope4bob @ 06/14/10 05:40 PM
In the games I've played this year so far vs Red Sox Victor Martinez is a bear to
get out. Seems like he hits enything anywhere near the plate. He's a really good
ballplayer.

I'd bump Ortiz contact down but keep his power up. He may not hit a lot of HRs this
year but I bet the ones he does hit will be huge shots. Phil Hughes had a 1 hitter
going into the 7th vs the Red Sox. The only hit he gave up was a 435 ft blast from
Ortiz.

bob

go Yankees!

# 94 strut24 @ 06/14/10 06:06 PM
I hope you guys got my suggestions about Alex Rios. He has been a monster this year and isn't slowing down. He needs a boost across the board. Contact, Power, Speed, Base running aggressiveness and ability as well as his defensive #s. I understand why SCEA rated him low because of how bad he was last year but he has MORE than rebounded this year. I also am considering switching his batting stance to Generic 43. Theres nothing that good since his hands are SO low this year (ala ty cobb) but Cobb stands straight up which Rios does not. Generic 43 is a decent replacement for those who want to make that change

# 95 JaSnake16 @ 06/14/10 06:08 PM
Guys I just want to say the power numbers you see right now in game will be slightly lowered acroos the board for the most part. Simmed 50 homer seasons shouldnt be commonplace. The 40 homer season as well. The hope is that league leader will be at 40 - 45 homers with the majority of the true elite falling in the 30+ range. Look at last years numbers looks like baseball is going back to the 70's and 80's which is a good thing. Thats not to say there shouldnt be the season simmed with the league leader at 50 but that should be once in a blue not an every season occurance. Bahnzo's program did a great job of replicating this. Just cause guys like Cano need a boost doesnt mean his power gonna end up in the 80s or so.

# 96 Clarityman @ 06/14/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
power will be dropped a bit with most players guys....I just want to get that out there...Victor might need a SMALL boost but you would be surprised how things sim out w/ the attributes sometimes...I've seen guys with power attributes similar to or lower than his hit 20-25 HR...no bs...there was, however, a minor boost with some of SCEA's stock ratings this year and I haven't gotten the chance to sim multiple seasons but no doubt JaSnake16 will be doing this when he is done w/ his work...I just got a look at his binder of notes...this roster will be sweet when done...Ja you should post that pic you sent me lol...
In my opinion, that's because plate vision and discipline are very important attributes to consider.

But I don't think, necessarilly, it's being accounted for how power impacts the distance and arc of a homerun. Me, personally, I care more about gameplay than simming. So with low power in the 20's, V-Mart still might have 20 HR's if you sim a season, but in game they'll pretty much all have to be pull HR's if you're behind the controller... that's a reality of the gameplay... in reality he hits to deep center a lot as well.

Obviously, Papi should have high power because when he does make solid contact, it WILL go very far... but his plate vision should be very low because he's become a high strikeout guy.

As for V-Mart, I do NOT think his power should be higher than SCEA's stock... if anything that might be a little too high... but in Bahnzo's editted roster, it's 20 against RHP, I'm sure that's just a mistake, that's lower than Pedroia! There's just no way.

So that's what I was referring to with that. For instance, I can accept Youk's power will be down to be more consistent with the re-ratings of all players, but Martinez with 20 power (if we're going by Bahnzo's) is disconcerting and inaccurate.

# 97 JaSnake16 @ 06/14/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
I hope you guys got my suggestions about Alex Rios. He has been a monster this year and isn't slowing down. He needs a boost across the board. Contact, Power, Speed, Base running aggressiveness and ability as well as his defensive #s. I understand why SCEA rated him low because of how bad he was last year but he has MORE than rebounded this year. I also am considering switching his batting stance to Generic 43. Theres nothing that good since his hands are SO low this year (ala ty cobb) but Cobb stands straight up which Rios does not. Generic 43 is a decent replacement for those who want to make that change
I hear ya strut, I think I may take him back to his 08 (or was it 07) All Star campaign.

# 98 JaSnake16 @ 06/14/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
In my opinion, that's because plate vision and discipline are very important attributes to consider.

But I don't think, necessarilly, it's being accounted for how power impacts the distance and arc of a homerun. Me, personally, I care more about gameplay than simming. So with low power in the 20's, V-Mart still might have 20 HR's if you sim a season, but in game they'll pretty much all have to be pull HR's if you're behind the controller... that's a reality of the gameplay... in reality he hits to deep center a lot as well.

Papi should have high power because when he does make solid contact, it WILL go very far... but his plate vision should be very low because he's become a high strikeout guy.

As for V-Mart, I do NOT think his power should be higher than SCEA's stock... if anything that might be a little too high... but in Bahnzo's editted roster, it's 20 against RHP, I'm sure that's just a mistake, that's lower than Pedroia! There's just no way.

So that's what I was referring to with that. For instance, I can accept Youk's power will be down a little to be more consistent with the re-ratings of all players, but Martinez with 20 power (if we're going by Bahnzo's) is disconcerting and inaccurate.
In Bahnzo's roster it does not take into account his injury plagues season of 08. He only played a handful of games before he was put on the shelf. The raw data shows he hit very little homers because he had very limmited at bats and it prorated that number across 600 ABs to generate the 20 rating. Thats why Im using a 3 year average but my data shows me the 3 years numbers then the average. This allows me to see seasons like this and adjust accordingly. VMart should be a 20 - 25 homer guy but hes a great doubles hitter and RISP hitter.

The rest of your comments are correct, plate discipline and plate vision are as huge as power and contact as well as running attributes. Even for catchers thats where runners take the extra base and you get your doubles and triple numbers. When you see the Phillies youll see Ryan Howard is the 3rd best hitter behind Rollins and Utley because of this.

# 99 JaSnake16 @ 06/14/10 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
Why's that?

And you made a mention to Banzho or someone about stamina/program? What exactly is that? Or what does it do?
Bahnzo developed a program which you can find in the roster forum (roster tool) which converts statistics taken from the baseball reference web site into ratings for the show. Its a great program and gets extremely realistic numbers given the player has a nice sample set not just a handful of ABs in a season. If you like making rosters I would reccommend it.

# 100 Clarityman @ 06/14/10 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Guys I just want to say the power numbers you see right now in game will be slightly lowered acroos the board for the most part. Simmed 50 homer seasons shouldnt be commonplace. The 40 homer season as well. The hope is that league leader will be at 40 - 45 homers with the majority of the true elite falling in the 30+ range. Look at last years numbers looks like baseball is going back to the 70's and 80's which is a good thing. Thats not to say there shouldnt be the season simmed with the league leader at 50 but that should be once in a blue not an every season occurance. Bahnzo's program did a great job of replicating this. Just cause guys like Cano need a boost doesnt mean his power gonna end up in the 80s or so.
I agree with this wholeheartedly! And I cannot wait for the set.

I just think Victor Martinez at 20 power against RHP is way too low.

Indeed, Martinez is a beast against LHP (which makes you question the 40 power there also, should probably be around 55)... but he also launches shots against RHP, a couple long balls against Phil Hughes come to mind, as well as a game when he hit very long homers off Jim Johnson and Jason Berken, both right handed pitchers.

If you look at his stats, it would probably make sense for him to have very high LT contact and decent power, and lower RT contact but still decent power.

Just for a comparison, JD Drew is another 20+ homer guy on the team, his power is respectable 61 RT and 57 LT, which seems totally on the mark.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.