Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Credit to MadScientist06 and The Gaming Tailgate.

Here is a spreadsheet for those interested. Thanks godwhyme.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Tovarich @ 06/17/10 02:58 PM
LOL @ the Central Florida homerism. 3 stars, 83 overall. That's equal prestige to Arkansas, Cal, South Florida, Texas Tech, etc. Could they at least pretend they're not homers? Yikes. That's a solid 2 star program, who are 26-25 in a bad conference over the last 4 years. But that's the same level as Cal? Laughable.

Cal being 3 stars is pretty bad. They're a 4.

99 on offense, and defense? Come on now. That's not a 99 offense. Defense...eh, maybe.

TCU's numbers seem reversed. They're not a 96 on O and an 88 on D. Their D is among the best in the country just about every year. The offense is decent. Reverse those numbers and it's right on.

As usual, the ratings and the rankings are completely out of sync. Got an unranked team rated a 90. Got a ranked team at 80. This is part of why the rankings system has always been bad in the dynasty.

These are predictably bad, and need to be massively re-edited before a dynasty can be played.

# 22 Spear @ 06/17/10 03:00 PM
San Jose State, here I come.

Love rebuilding projects.

# 23 dan_457 @ 06/17/10 03:01 PM
Alabama has no business being at 99 overall, no team does. The team ratings for this this year(mostly offense) are crazy as hell. It's going to be a bit of work readjusting all these rosters.

Just because a team wins the title shouldn't equal 99 ovr rating. I also remember in NCAA 08 that Michigan had 99 overall, look how that turned out.

# 24 slingblade73 @ 06/17/10 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
So they are a 99 on offense based on ONE game in 2009?

You still can't be serious. 98-99 should be reserved for offensive juggernauts that come once or twice in a decade. Not Alabama in 2010.

We see this every year with EA. UGA was loaded with 99s not too long ago and we all know how that turned out.

Big picture: Not a big deal. Just found it comical.
The Gators run is over, deal with it.

# 25 Solidice @ 06/17/10 03:02 PM
^ yeah, Texas Tech dropped from 4* in NCAA 10 to 3* for 11.

TCU went from 3* to 4*

# 26 dan_457 @ 06/17/10 03:05 PM
Alabama fans seem to be the only ones here who don't recognize how dumb these ratings are. crazy homerism.

# 27 Shawnj86 @ 06/17/10 03:05 PM
UNC a 92
off a 87 but def is a 95
I can work with that

# 28 tyman21 @ 06/17/10 03:05 PM
Ok, I was happy to see Arkansas's offense rating of 96, but then I saw Oklahoma was 96, TCU was 96, OSU was 97, Boise State was 97. That's just not right.

# 29 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/17/10 03:05 PM
I like Boise State, like what they have done to rise up the ranks...but a 93? Seriously? They have a higher overall than the Gators. And no, I'm not upset over my Noles 89. That's about right. But Boise State and some other squads ratings are ridiculous. I have no problem with Bama being rated so high though.

# 30 tyman21 @ 06/17/10 03:07 PM
And after going to a bowl game, Razorback prestige dropped from 4 stars to 3 stars? At least There's no senior skill players on my 96 offense, so after I convince them to stay it should be a 99.

# 31 mgovick @ 06/17/10 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2
Damn it. I hate Alabama fans more than any program in the world. Ever since they got Nick Saban I've started to hate them more and more only because of the fans. They are just annoying on here and the rivals boards.

BTW I'm no fan of any SEC team either.
+1

I went to high school in GA and a bunch of the kids that couldnt get into uga go to bama. The bama fans are some of the worst in college football, maybe other than notre dame. They are definitely the new poor of college football.

# 32 Jase24 @ 06/17/10 03:16 PM
These are just "preliminary" ratings. I'm sure they will be somewhat different when the game actually comes out. I'm sure we won't have 99's across the board when all is said and done. Our offense has mostly everyone returning, especially key players such as Ingram, Richardson, and Julio. McElroy is back but if he struggles as he did during a stretch like last year he'll be riding the pine and the young star A.J McCaron will be out there. So I see the offense being somewhere in the lower 90's at games release.

The defense is the hard part to figure out. Marcell Darius is back as well as Don'ta Hightower. However the secondary, which is extremely young, is the question. All the guys were highly touted coming out of high school so we'll see how that works out. Saban is a defensive genius so hopefully he'll find something that clicks.

For now I'd have to go with 85-89 on defense. Overall maybe 93-94.

# 33 jmik58 @ 06/17/10 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4111
bama only lost 1 crucial player on offense and that was Colin Peek. Other than that we lost 2 Oline and a WR that didnt play much at all. We have a smart QB, 2 of the best backs in college football, Potentially a great WR in Jones if he can get his catching straight and 3 returning starters on the oline, and a couple of TE's that have game experience so bama should be up in the high 90's on offense
Alabama should definitely be in the 90's for offense, but not 99. I'm also a big believer that no team should be a 99 in anything unless they have a lineup full of All-Americans coming back.

But even worse, 'Bama has 1 (ONE) starter returning on defense and they're rated a 99. ONE.

I'm curious as to what player attributes do to impact the rating of the unit

# 34 dan_457 @ 06/17/10 03:22 PM
I don't think these raitings are a preliminary WIP, but are the actual thing.

# 35 jmik58 @ 06/17/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
LOL @ the Central Florida homerism. 3 stars, 83 overall. That's equal prestige to Arkansas, Cal, South Florida, Texas Tech, etc. Could they at least pretend they're not homers? Yikes. That's a solid 2 star program, who are 26-25 in a bad conference over the last 4 years. But that's the same level as Cal? Laughable.

Cal being 3 stars is pretty bad. They're a 4.

99 on offense, and defense? Come on now. That's not a 99 offense. Defense...eh, maybe.

TCU's numbers seem reversed. They're not a 96 on O and an 88 on D. Their D is among the best in the country just about every year. The offense is decent. Reverse those numbers and it's right on.

As usual, the ratings and the rankings are completely out of sync. Got an unranked team rated a 90. Got a ranked team at 80. This is part of why the rankings system has always been bad in the dynasty.

These are predictably bad, and need to be massively re-edited before a dynasty can be played.
Actually TCU lost a lot on defense from last year. They're offense will be exceptional though with eight or nine returning.

# 36 thaima1shu @ 06/17/10 03:24 PM
Can someone tell me the prestige rating of Washington? The video is blocked for me here at work.

# 37 jmik58 @ 06/17/10 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbanflguy
How is Minnesota a 85? I love my team, but there is no way we are only 1 overall worse than notre dame.
And we are an 87 on offense when we had the first offense in the Big 10 last year
Minnesota may have been ranked last in points scored on offense, rushing offense, and total offense in the Big-10 in 2009; but the Golden Gophers return nine starters this year on offense. Only WR Da'Jon McKnight (JR) and TE Tiree Eure (JR) will be starting for the first time.

# 38 gofresno @ 06/17/10 03:25 PM
Boise deserves their high rating... they DID go undefeated last year. And I believe they return 20 of 22 starters. They are scary good, even if they are in the WAC fellas

# 39 jmik58 @ 06/17/10 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka520
ASU is rated higher than us???
That is an absolute joke. Arizona State is very weak this year and Arizona is returning several key playmakers from a 2nd place finish in the PAC 10. The Wildcats are very deep at several positions as well. Scratching my head as well there.

# 40 dan_457 @ 06/17/10 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
Boise deserves their high rating... they DID go undefeated last year. And I believe they return 20 of 22 starters. They are scary good, even if they are in the WAC fellas
I'm always going to be skeptical about Boise's ratings, they've played some good bowl games, but they've never had to play anything near a real schedule. I might just be stubborn, but to me Boise hasn't proven itself to deserve a high raiting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.