Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Credit to MadScientist06 and The Gaming Tailgate.

Here is a spreadsheet for those interested. Thanks godwhyme.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 tswiatkowski @ 06/18/10 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Bama's QB was near horrible last year. Unless he turned into Sam Bradford over the summer, I dont think they're deserving of a 99 offense
McElroy played all right. He wasn't the greatest, but he could certainly manage a game at the very least. I would give Bama about a 93 on offense and maybe an 89 or 90 on D. I understand only one starter is returning but there is no way that they will see the dropoff people are calling for.

# 142 jmik58 @ 06/18/10 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Clearly that's not the case... see Iowa State losing a star after a winning season with a bowl victory

I said "after a 10 win season or conference championship."

I don't think anything is "clearly" understood in regards to prestige by anyone other than the person who programmed it into the game.

# 143 TheGamingChef @ 06/18/10 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I said "after a 10 win season or conference championship."

I don't think anything is "clearly" understood in regards to prestige by anyone other than the person who programmed it into the game.
But it's not an algorithm affected by "# of wins in a season" as you alluded to. It seems very subjective to me. Unfortunately, it can't be edited like player ratings.

# 144 Jakeness23 @ 06/18/10 12:48 AM
Why's everybody downing my Tar Heels? I know their offense isn't GREAT, but it's decent and their defense is freaking incredible.

# 145 tswiatkowski @ 06/18/10 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
For everyone complaining about the stars:

The star totals for the team have absolutely nothing to do with how good a team is AT THIS POINT or the numbered ratings; it is purely based on that particular school's prestige and past program history OVERALL.

Think about it: if it were based on how good a team is right now, Notre Dame and Michigan wouldn't be 6 star programs, but the stars are based off of the entire school's history.
Then why is Boise State a 5* program? Why is UCF a 3*? MSU is a 3* program with 6 national championships in the past 50 years. Recently they haven't been so great, up until the improvements with Dantonio, but how would we be at the same level with UCF, or 2* below Boise State?

# 146 jmik58 @ 06/18/10 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
But it's not an algorithm affected by "# of wins in a season" as you alluded to. It seems very subjective to me. Unfortunately, it can't be edited like player ratings.
I said maybe it's an algorithm....being very sarcastic.

You're basically debating me for throwing out thoughts/ideas as if I was presenting factual evidence. No one knows what criteria is being used, especially me.

# 147 tswiatkowski @ 06/18/10 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards055
I think Ea just assigns random ratings because they know the community will just edit them anyway.
Yes sir I completely agree. I usually just mess around with Michigan State's roster after getting an edited version from the community, but this year I think I will do most of the Big Ten and dabble a bit with other teams as well.

# 148 jmik58 @ 06/18/10 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards055
Why do you keep saying "we"?
Are you on Alabamas team?
It's a basic psychological phenomenon where a person who is a fan of something associates him or herself with the team/institution when there is a favorable situation.

For example, most people will talk about their favorite team after a win by saying "We played well today."

Conversely, the same fan will disassociate from the team after a bad performance.

For example, most people will use the term "They" when referring to a negative aspect. "They couldn't get the offense going today."

I realize you were being facetious but I couldn't help myself

# 149 14straight @ 06/18/10 12:59 AM
No, Alabama should not be a 99 OVR anywhere. They have talent -- there's no doubt about that. They lost way too many starters on defense and have plenty of question marks there -- especially in the secondary. We're loaded on the defensive line and we're looking for guys to step up everywhere else. Again, the talent is there but I'm thinking the rating should be more of a 90 on defense. They will be a better run defense than pass defense this year but will improve as the season moves along.

As for the offense -- 99 is, once again, too high. They were certainly no slouch on offense by any means.

15th in total offense
22nd in scoring (32.1 PPG)

Efficient offense with lots of returning starters gives them at least a 90-92 rating on offense. These ratings are going to need a lot of work -- and not just for 'Bama.

Roll Tide!

# 150 YungPat97 @ 06/18/10 01:41 AM
still nothing about road to glory!?!?!?!? Ima be so pissed if they made all these changes and didnt do ANYTHING to road to glory

# 151 smoove7 @ 06/18/10 02:01 AM
I am a huge BAMA fan but I guessed we would be a 95 on offense and about an 87 on defense.

There is no way we should be a 99 on defense. We lost 8 defensive starters so WTF?

# 152 Thaen @ 06/18/10 02:05 AM
I know I'm a Sooner fan, but anyone else go WTF when they saw Texas was #3.

# 153 NDFan1029 @ 06/18/10 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICAN_DREAM
Iowa's ratings should be reversed. the D is always better than the offense. we use our defense to play field position and our offense just scores enough to get by. our d is dominant

also whats with wisconsin being sooo high?

Yeah, I don't get that, either. Wisc's recruiting class was in the mid-80's this past season, I don't understand why they are rated so highly.

# 154 Gosens6 @ 06/18/10 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
It's a basic psychological phenomenon where a person who is a fan of something associates him or herself with the team/institution when there is a favorable situation.

For example, most people will talk about their favorite team after a win by saying "We played well today."

Conversely, the same fan will disassociate from the team after a bad performance.

For example, most people will use the term "They" when referring to a negative aspect. "They couldn't get the offense going today."

I realize you were being facetious but I couldn't help myself
You sir, along with a few other posters in this thread have quickly become some of my favorite posters on the board.

O and, Boomer Sooner!

# 155 bama4111 @ 06/18/10 05:09 AM
Bama's Defense shouldnt be ranked 99 considering we lost alot of starters on D but I do believe we should be low 90's reason are: alot of the starters for this up coming season has had significant playing time starting with the LB's we got Hightower he started his freshmen season but was hurt last year, Nico Johnson he came in for Hightower and got a good deal of PT, Upshaw he again had plenty of PT, Jerrell Harris has potential but i do agree with people about how he shouldnt be a 95. Ok now Dline we got Dareus, Chapman, L. Davis and they all played in this past season. Ok DB's this is the question mark but we have 3 5star recruits so will they pan out or be a bust who knows they obvisously have tons of potential. Safetys we have Barron one of if not top Safety in SEC and the other safety is kinda up in the air right now. So for the bama guy saying our D should be 87 is not even fair. I believe they should be b/w 91-93.

# 156 pdiehm @ 06/18/10 06:29 AM
LOL at Ohio State with a 96 rating on offense.

Up until the rose bowl, Ohio State had like 4 games with under 300 yards of total offense. Against Purdue last year, if I'm not mistaken, they were held under 200 yards of offense.

Penn State also isn't anywhere near a 94 on offense. Kevin Newsome actually makes Terrelle Pryor look like Peyton Manning when he throws the ball.

I wonder where they come up with these ratings.

# 157 PennStatePeter @ 06/18/10 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
LOL at Ohio State with a 96 rating on offense.

Up until the rose bowl, Ohio State had like 4 games with under 300 yards of total offense. Against Purdue last year, if I'm not mistaken, they were held under 200 yards of offense.

Penn State also isn't anywhere near a 94 on offense. Kevin Newsome actually makes Terrelle Pryor look like Peyton Manning when he throws the ball.

I wonder where they come up with these ratings.
I think even with Clark last year we shouldn't be a 94. I am not saying we should be much lower but maybe a 90-91 this year.

# 158 slingblade73 @ 06/18/10 07:44 AM
Someone alert EA, through some cosmic miracle all the greatest college football minds have gathered here in this thread.

Roll Tide!

# 159 mkam89 @ 06/18/10 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
For everyone complaining about the stars:

The star totals for the team have absolutely nothing to do with how good a team is AT THIS POINT or the numbered ratings; it is purely based on that particular school's prestige and past program history OVERALL.

Think about it: if it were based on how good a team is right now, Notre Dame and Michigan wouldn't be 6 star programs, but the stars are based off of the entire school's history.
The problem with the school's history argument is that if I went 3-9 with either of the 2 teams you mentioned (and they have within the past couple years) I would lose a star in the game. So either you need to apply the dynasty rules for prestige to real life results or fix the prestige rating in the game so it's harder to gain/lose prestige.

# 160 Pared @ 06/18/10 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
Someone alert EA, through some cosmic miracle all the greatest college football minds have gathered here in this thread.

Roll Tide!
Knock it off. This is getting old.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.