Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

As we all know, the 360 and PS3 versions of Madden NFL 11 will not see major changes in franchise mode, but Wii gamers will.

Quote:
"Four key components—Campus and Perks, Legacy, Assistants, and Scenarios—are the foundation of a redefined Franchise mode. With assistant coaches guiding you through every scenario thrown your way, and a passionate fan base hungry for championships, all eyes are on you in your quest to build one of the greatest legacies in history."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ZoneKIller @ 06/21/10 01:55 PM
Quoted a couple things I noticed.Sounds like these guys listened more than the 360/PS3 crew.

Quote:
. A revamped Franchise mode puts you at the helm of your favorite NFL team, giving you the power to lead the greatest dynasty of all time in the deepest single-player experience to date.

Quote:
Players can now take the field wearing authentic practice uniforms, including red QB jerseys in 5-on-5 and Practice modes, or suit up with long sleeves and pants when playing cold-weather games. Revamped stadiums and updated gameday uniforms complete the authentic package.
Quote:
The schedule in November and December matters more than ever as weather affects gameplay like never before. Playing on a wet or icy field, or in the mud or snow, players slip, slide, and struggle to maintain footing based on four types of inclement conditions.
Quote:
Four key components—Campus and Perks, Legacy, Assistants, and Scenarios—are the foundation of a redefined Franchise mode. With assistant coaches guiding you through every scenario thrown your way, and a passionate fan base hungry for championships, all eyes are on you in your quest to build one of the greatest legacies in history.

# 2 NoFear @ 06/21/10 02:22 PM
^lol

# 3 Lusion @ 06/21/10 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RaMs908
Maybe they did work over franchise mode...maybe they just said they didn't do anything to franchise mode so dat we can talk crap about madden...then out of nowhere BAM!!! EA will release a blog for franchise mode for 360/PS3 And it will have everything we ever wanted... LET'S JUST KEEP WAITING GUYS
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah you just keep thinking and hopein that.

# 4 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/21/10 02:40 PM
Let the fun begin. Now people will have a field day with EA now over this. Wii getting a upgrade and not ps3/360. I personally think this shows EA is going to do a great job on franchise mode for madden 12. This gives me hope. I can't wait.

# 5 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/21/10 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
And people wonder why we're not happy.

Wii is for the kiddies, yet they're getting a better franchise mode, which some will be confused on how it works. What a ridiculous move on EA's part.

NCAA 11 FTW. And if I get a red card for bringing that game up in a Madden forum, so be it. I'm frustrated and angry after reading this article.

So we have to wait another full year to POSSIBLY get what we want, and you're fine with that? Ok, whatever. I'm not.
Bro why so mad. Next year the franchise mode will be 10x better then wii is this year. It's just going to take this a year to get it together and working right. The main focus for madden 12 is going to be franchise mode and superstar mode. I could careless about SS mode. But it will worth the wait for another year to get a deep franchise mode.

# 6 Skyliner80 @ 06/21/10 03:14 PM
The funny thing about that screen-grab is that it resembles real-life Detroit.

# 7 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/21/10 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
You know that for sure?
Well bro you can believe what you want. I'm not going fight about wheather I'm sure are not. It's just a matter of faith. Believe are not.

# 8 Lusion @ 06/21/10 03:31 PM
I just can't fathem the fact Wii has a new better franchise then 360/PS3 and Gameflow!!!! But 360/PS3 dont? And im sick of this next year this and next year that. Hmmm how about i dono... THIS YEAR!

# 9 shadthedad @ 06/21/10 03:34 PM
This is interesting. Normally, I would ignore video game sports on the wii, but since investing a ton of time in the extremely underrated madden arcade.....I'm interested. Madden 2008 was the last great madden, simply because it played like a video game. I'm all for sim, but at the same time video games should be fun to play. It's going to be interesting to see if and when I get Madden 2011. I have a ps3 and wii, but I came to a realization after gaming on madden arcade that my video game taste and habits are not as hardcore as they once were. Depending on how well this game flow things works, I may just go with nba jam and nba 2k11 for my sports fix for 2010.

# 10 shadthedad @ 06/21/10 03:41 PM
Also, keep in mind they dumbed the wii version down last year to focus on changing the graphics to a more cell shaded look. I'm betting anything they'll add a similar version of the madden 2011 wii's franchise mode into next years ps3/ 360 version. And one more thing that's baffling........when will EA develop a madden from the ground up on ps3? It's a well know fact that the 360s limitations are holding the franchise back...

# 11 Shawnj86 @ 06/21/10 03:57 PM
thats nice not to knows

# 12 splff3000 @ 06/21/10 03:58 PM
It's obvious some of you guys have definitely not read the article lol. Read the article first. The franchise mode is not what you think it is lol.

# 13 bcruise @ 06/21/10 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
It's obvious some of you guys have definitely not read the article lol. Read the article first. The franchise mode is not what you think it is lol.
This...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mode-wii.html

Quote:
Rather than presenting gamers with a typical menu-based interface for Franchise Mode, Madden NFL 11 on Wii is giving you an entire town that will grow or degrade, depending on your proficiency on the field. Different parts of the town will advance depending on which of your three team advisers you listen to. There's one to set team performance goals like a target number of wins, another to give you advice on how to make your fan base happy, and another is all about the Benjamins and is only concerned with money. They'll let you know your progress towards completing different goals and update you when it's time to move on to other challenges. Throughout your franchise you'll have the ability to accept or deny challenges set by your trio of advisers, and those decisions are largely what will determine the persona of your franchise.
You guys want this in your 360/PS3 franchise mode? Seriously?

# 14 Rocky @ 06/21/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
This...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mode-wii.html

You guys want this in your 360/PS3 franchise mode? Seriously?
Seriously, that doesn't sound that bad. IRL, some franchises are concerned only about wins and losses (Steelers, Pats, Ravens), some are concerened about their brand (Cowboys, Raiders, Redskins), and some just want to make as much money as possible.

The whole text based franchise thing is overrated, imo. This is a good replayable mode that could perhaps keep me interested.

# 15 Sausage @ 06/21/10 04:12 PM
It sounds very interesting. Can you play Madden Wii with the "classic controller"?

# 16 splff3000 @ 06/21/10 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
The funny thing is, EA must have wanted us to find this out and complain about it. I mean, why else would they make it for wii, and not the next gen consoles? They want us to want it more, so next year the game is really hyped. Rediculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I believe everything they do is completely revenue motivated.That said,dont be surprised if we find out EA Sports made some side deal with Nintendo.Something like Nintendo paying EA for making a type of Madden 11,exclusive to the Wii,to potentially boost Wii sales,by targeting Madden gamers while also,increasing Madden sales on the Wii.Win-Win for EA.

This news has already got some people thinking about getting a Wii to try it out.
Fellas, fellas, please read the article. It's not what you think.

# 17 XtremeDunkz @ 06/21/10 04:38 PM
it isn't that people want that exactly on 360, it is the fact that they made such a drastic change for the Wii yet left it unchanged for us.

# 18 TreyIM2 @ 06/21/10 04:42 PM
I think people need to stop and think. The Wii is a completely different beast than the PS3/360. If the Wii's engine isn't completely different than the other 2 system's, it's modified version of what is used on the other 2. Obviously, there are things the Wii can't pull off that the big boys can and vice versa. Apples to oranges.

# 19 Fresh Prince @ 06/21/10 07:00 PM
I can't believe the Wii is getting a revamped franchise and PS3/360 isn't. Where the hell is the logic in that? Please, someone hit up EA via email or Twitter and give them the ground breaking/earth shattering news... the core franchise players are playing on PS3/360 for F's sake.

# 20 Valdarez @ 06/21/10 08:13 PM
I have to say that I really like the art on the Wii version for some reason. I think it reminds me of games from previous generations, so it must be a nostalgia thing. I may have to pick up Wii version this year and give it a try.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.