Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Gamespot has posted a 7 minute NBA Elite 11 video, featuring Associate Producer Connor Dougan.

NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 loadleft @ 06/24/10 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I'd have to say the angles SEEMED right when we were playing, didn't really look at that much. Due to the fact we didn't have much 5 on 5 time, from what I saw, players that got in the proper position got the rebound and the "suction-action" seemed to be removed.
Sounds good, thanks for answering. I see someone asked a dev a similar question in another thread so I'll see how he responds too, maybe I can get even more insight.

# 102 StriderNo9 @ 06/24/10 08:57 AM
Looks good. I like how they are ignoring they are stealing the shot stick but eh, a good idea is a good idea. As bravo for trying to make a better game. Just please don't skimp on the extras and start adding them in the years to come as "new features".

# 103 bigsmallwood @ 06/24/10 10:09 AM
Game looks Super improved! Can't wait to get my hands on a demo! The amount of user control is simply impressive!!!

# 104 The 24th Letter @ 06/24/10 10:14 AM
Like I said..it def looks great...I just cant wait to really get my hands on it and try this puppy out...honestly, I loved the control I had last year....so thats cool theyre improving it, but my concern lies elsewhere...I hope there isnt as much if a generic feel as there was last year when implementing these new things...these buzz words, breakdowns, screens just dont do anything for me anymore I guess....cant wait!

# 105 dwademvp @ 06/24/10 10:28 AM
hey rEAnimator is there gonna be a chasedown block in the game? It would be awesome if you guys implement it in the game!

# 106 kumamae_33 @ 06/24/10 11:31 AM
How about the spin moves??? Will you lose the ball if you do a spin move in traffic? Coz in Live 10 you can abuse the spin move in traffic and you will not lose the ball w/c is very frustrating especially playing online against cheesers who abuse the spin move.

About the coach settings in directional pad? Will the coach settings remain in Elite 11? If yes, will it be more user friendly and will the coach settings no longer auto exit during the EA logo interruption?

And the timeouts? Can we now choose what kind of timeouts we want to call like 20 secs or full timeout in Elite 11?

# 107 scottyp180 @ 06/24/10 12:59 PM
damn i might have get both NBA titles this years, elite is looking real good. I don't like to jump on EAs ship too early, based on past years, but they have definitely upped their game this year. Hopefully the game will perform realistically in 5 on 5 gameplay. Not trying to sound like a 2k fanboy but I hope that 2k's controls are this responsive because ill buy it even if Elite is better just because jordan is in it, unless 2k really drops the ball with gameplay.

# 108 SacKings1999 @ 06/24/10 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Passing has been moved to the right trigger.
Oh I know that, I was asking if this means sprint/turbo has been removed altogether, or simply remapped to another button?

# 109 NoTiCe_O @ 06/24/10 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKings1999
Oh I know that, I was asking if this means sprint/turbo has been removed altogether, or simply remapped to another button?
Sprints gone

# 110 Jay Smooth 00 @ 06/24/10 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Sprints gone
Wait, nooooooo... sprint can't be gone. We can't JOG on a fastbreak!!!

# 111 grush5 @ 06/24/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Sprints gone
I thout it was only gone on defense.... so we dont have no change of speeds n stuff???

# 112 ehh @ 06/24/10 01:46 PM
I love the animations and how smooth things are but I agree with those who say that the game looks way too fast. That looks like NBA 2K3 it's so damn fast. Hopefully there is a speed slider like in EA's football games.

# 113 HoosierDaddy @ 06/24/10 01:55 PM
game speed was discussed at community event, too. I had the exact same complaint when playing.

# 114 DueceDiggla @ 06/24/10 01:56 PM
Credit to EA. This game is looking really cool. I may convert over.

# 115 loadleft @ 06/24/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grush5
I thout it was only gone on defense.... so we dont have no change of speeds n stuff???
What about just using the analog stick to control the speed? I assume that's what they've done. Slight push= slow running speed full push= old turbo speed

# 116 jlbrown143 @ 06/24/10 02:04 PM
To rEAnimator (please respond......??)

are we gonna have fake passing in the game, I have to admit from first glance of your new videos I am very interested in seeing more....I have to say that I think you guys might be on to something great but I don't want to jump the gun to fast....(lol) I have not played a game with fake passing yet...that I can remember.........a few more questions..

1. what are you guys gonna do to stop the cheesing online...?
2. will fatigue affect rotation to where the coach will make appropriate subs??
3. will people be able to abuse each other with all stars (ie kobe, lebron) it got to the point where I didn't even want to play online because we had no way of defending the exploit..made online unattractive.
4. will we be able to pin people's shots on the back board?
5. Will we still be able to hear people's shot's get blocked?
6. will the end of quarters highlights have music this year..(wow)
7. will there be tutorials in the game? (I hope so...)
8. is the worping of players into players and ball through players been eliminated?

these are just some of my concerns..I think you guys deciding to get information out early is a good move and the fact that you are allowing us to see video's will only eliminate assumptions..please keep the interaction going now and when you release the game ...please don't do like last year and disappear after we have the product.....your responses to our questions and grips go along way to building trust and respect...thanks

# 117 joel0078 @ 06/24/10 02:20 PM
Watched the video, wasn't really to impressed with what I saw. It seems to me NBA Elite is taking an "isomotion" approach, while NBA 2K is removing "isomotion" for a more basic control scheme. Advanced controls are cool, but they have to be implemented properly and they take a lot of time to perfect, which is a really big part of creating an enjoyable experience while playing.

In terms of the gameplay video.....The player movement was way to fast in my opinion. I think I saw some skating effect? This used to be a big problem for the Live series. I hope they are not reverting back to it now....I like the "sweet spot" concept, now we get to see where each players individual release point is. That's been missing from previous versions of Live. I love that the pro hop is back and is user controlled. It looked pretty smooth. I wasn't impressed by seeing Lebron do and up and under from so far away from the basket, but I guess that's user controlled now and could theoretically happen anywhere on the court?

Overall, this doesn't really get me going, just yet. I'm worried about the complexity of the controls and having to take the time to learn yet another control scheme. I always buy both Live (Elite) and 2K. Learning 2k's controls was hard enough. I guess it won't be to hard now that they are dumbing them down a bit. I'm hopeful this game will be good, but I'm concerned it might be bordering a bit to close to an "arcade" type game. And I'm not feeling that. Time will tell.

# 118 dexvex @ 06/24/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Watched the video, wasn't really to impressed with what I saw. It seems to me NBA Elite is taking an "isomotion" approach, while NBA 2K is removing "isomotion" for a more basic control scheme. Advanced controls are cool, but they have to be implemented properly and they take a lot of time to perfect, which is a really big part of creating an enjoyable experience while playing.

In terms of the gameplay video.....The player movement was way to fast in my opinion. I think I saw some skating effect? This used to be a big problem for the Live series. I hope they are not reverting back to it now....I like the "sweet spot" concept, now we get to see where each players individual release point is. That's been missing from previous versions of Live. I love that the pro hop is back and is user controlled. It looked pretty smooth. I wasn't impressed by seeing Lebron do and up and under from so far away from the basket, but I guess that's user controlled now and could theoretically happen anywhere on the court?

Overall, this doesn't really get me going, just yet. I'm worried about the complexity of the controls and having to take the time to learn yet another control scheme. I always buy both Live (Elite) and 2K. Learning 2k's controls was hard enough. I guess it won't be to hard now that they are dumbing them down a bit. I'm hopeful this game will be good, but I'm concerned it might be bordering a bit to close to an "arcade" type game. And I'm not feeling that. Time will tell.
There is really no comparison to isomotion with these controls, in fact its the polar opposite. While I agree about some of the sliding the dev guys on here have stated several times that the foot planting/momentum is not in yet some im not panicking.....

# 119 joel0078 @ 06/24/10 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
There is really no comparison to isomotion with these controls, in fact its the polar opposite. While I agree about some of the sliding the dev guys on here have stated several times that the foot planting/momentum is not in yet some im not panicking.....
I guess none of us really know much about the control scheme, aside from what we've been shown. Having said that though, I don't see how you CANT compare these controls to isomotion. There are obvious similarities between the two. Moving the joystick a quarter turn left or right to simulate a move while controlling the ball handler, sounds pretty close to what isomotion was. I'm just saying though. I don't know any more than you do. But this thread isn't about the similarities between the two, so I'll leave it at that and say no more.

# 120 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrown143
To rEAnimator (please respond......??)

are we gonna have fake passing in the game, I have to admit from first glance of your new videos I am very interested in seeing more....I have to say that I think you guys might be on to something great but I don't want to jump the gun to fast....(lol) I have not played a game with fake passing yet...that I can remember.........a few more questions..

1. what are you guys gonna do to stop the cheesing online...?
2. will fatigue affect rotation to where the coach will make appropriate subs??
3. will people be able to abuse each other with all stars (ie kobe, lebron) it got to the point where I didn't even want to play online because we had no way of defending the exploit..made online unattractive.
4. will we be able to pin people's shots on the back board?
5. Will we still be able to hear people's shot's get blocked?
6. will the end of quarters highlights have music this year..(wow)
7. will there be tutorials in the game? (I hope so...)
8. is the worping of players into players and ball through players been eliminated?

these are just some of my concerns..I think you guys deciding to get information out early is a good move and the fact that you are allowing us to see video's will only eliminate assumptions..please keep the interaction going now and when you release the game ...please don't do like last year and disappear after we have the product.....your responses to our questions and grips go along way to building trust and respect...thanks

I can't answer all of these but I'll do what I can.

Fake passing...I really wanted it but I don't think we'll have time. Next year for sure though.

1. We're trying to balance things as much as possible so there is a defense for everything. We're not done that process yet so time will tell.

2. Yes.

3. See #1

4. Kind of, not so much pin right now but definitely swat off the back board. If the ball is close enough at the time and you get the right force on it it may very well look like a pin. Not sure though.

5. I think so.

6. dunno

7. Yes.

8. No warping of players or balls. That one is for sure. We've done a lot of work to eliminate that. It was one of the major focuses for the game. See the physics thread for more details.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.