Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Gamespot has posted a 7 minute NBA Elite 11 video, featuring Associate Producer Connor Dougan.

NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 taxinem @ 06/24/10 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsix
We didn't have clear path fouls about an hour ago, but we do now.

This was something that was also brought up at the community day...easy enough to put in and it's obviously something that people have wanted for a while now.
that's jus sick!!! u boys really got it
goin on...

# 82 Greene_Flash03 @ 06/24/10 03:11 AM
Man I can't wait now! I really can't wait to see some 5 on 5 video..

# 83 Live_4real @ 06/24/10 03:11 AM
I have a simple question, if I am not mistaken, the turbo/sprint button is gone, am I correct???

If so, what is the thought process behind it???

Shouldn´t you be able, to change gears, in for example, a fast-break play, of-course having an affect on the fatigue of the player, but if you want to play an up-tempo game.... will the game allow you to do it???

PeAcE

# 84 stepsix @ 06/24/10 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Lol! wow that's a quick turnaround..

Was this something that was easily put in the game due to the new tech or just something yall have wanted to add but couldnt until now?
With the new defensive controls (you can see Connor demonstrating the moving steals) we needed to redo some of the hit detection on what was considered a foul. I had to wait until that was in before I could then look at when a foul was commited, where the defense was relative to the ball carrier.

Long story short the guys doing intentional fouls and steals did the hard work, I just had to connect a couple pieces.

# 85 SacKings1999 @ 06/24/10 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_4real
I have a simple question, if I am not mistaken, the turbo/sprint button is gone, am I correct???
I was wondering the same thing, if right trigger isn't turbo/sprint, what is? Or is turbo/sprint a thing of the past?

But for now... I don't really care about turbo... I'm just hyped for Elite 11. Controls have always been my biggest concern when it comes to video games. That's how I felt back on SNES, and it's the same on 360.

So I think this is just the perfect direction for Elite to take. If I want 100% pure realism, I'll either go down to the court or watch a game on TV. Trying to weigh down a game with "smooth" animations in the hopes of appearing realistic was never an approach I appreciated, and quite frankly largely ruined next-gen bball for me.

What's funny, is one of the things rEAnimator said really excited me, but probably upset a few other guys... the part about trade offs, trading control for the way things look at times. I'm all in favor of this. Obviously, there has to be a happy medium, but I'd much rather err on the side of great controls than great animations/appearance.

Thanks for all the info!

# 86 TUSS11 @ 06/24/10 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKings1999
I was wondering the same thing, if right trigger isn't turbo/sprint, what is? Or is turbo/sprint a thing of the past?

But for now... I don't really care about turbo... I'm just hyped for Elite 11. Controls have always been my biggest concern when it comes to video games. That's how I felt back on SNES, and it's the same on 360.

So I think this is just the perfect direction for Elite to take. If I want 100% pure realism, I'll either go down to the court or watch a game on TV. Trying to weigh down a game with "smooth" animations in the hopes of appearing realistic was never an approach I appreciated, and quite frankly largely ruined next-gen bball for me.

What's funny, is one of the things rEAnimator said really excited me, but probably upset a few other guys... the part about trade offs, trading control for the way things look at times. I'm all in favor of this. Obviously, there has to be a happy medium, but I'd much rather err on the side of great controls than great animations/appearance.

Thanks for all the info!
Passing has been moved to the right trigger.

# 87 stepsix @ 06/24/10 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajknows
What about fast breaks, players in year's past would pull up . Would be nice to see some good 3 on 1 plays instead of players running to a spot and stop.
I've got a bug on that right now (cpu teammates spotting up on breaks). The CPU is already playing much more aggresively in transition, but CPU not fast breaking enough was definintely something that I gathered people weren't happy with from reading feedback on Live 10 and will be addressed for Elite.

# 88 Greene_Flash03 @ 06/24/10 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsix
I've got a bug on that right now (cpu teammates spotting up on breaks). The CPU is already playing much more aggresively in transition, but CPU not fast breaking enough was definintely something that I gathered people weren't happy with from reading feedback on Live 10 and will be addressed for Elite.
stepsix is on it! Thanks for the update man!

When do you think we can see some 5 on 5 gameplay video?

# 89 natedZA @ 06/24/10 05:19 AM
Funny, cause I always thought the net physics and rim interaction has been brilliant in Live and really unrealistic in 2k. The sound and animation when the ball goes through the net in Live is spot on and is horribly off in 2k, so is the sound when the ball hits off the iron where it sounds perfect in Live but not in 2k. The rim also looks great and real compared to 2K's where the rim is more orange and doesn't look like an NBA rim.

# 90 tpe14 @ 06/24/10 05:27 AM
nice find. very good video.

# 91 ataman5 @ 06/24/10 06:06 AM
It was blooming awesome, i just can't describe my feelings over what i saw, it was Lebron himself doing all those moves guys, woooww! and defence wooow!

# 92 atlwarya @ 06/24/10 06:36 AM
Wow this game looks lethal! Who needs Mike Wang? They really look like they mean business. I think im going to love the new controls. More complex but quick n responsive. This seems like a must get.

# 93 Jay Smooth 00 @ 06/24/10 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
It was blooming awesome, i just can't describe my feelings over what i saw, it was Lebron himself doing all those moves guys, woooww! and defence wooow!
can't tell if you're sarcastic or not...

# 94 atlwarya @ 06/24/10 07:04 AM
Its unfortunate for EAsports even though Nba live 10 was good and Elite 11 may be better its hard to re-gain trust from all the fans that theyve lost. And some theyll never regain their trust. Its almost like when you first meet a female you like and that one time something goes horribly wrong and she never talks to you again. No matter much better things get for you because that memory is stuck in her head. So i understand the people who are frustrated with EAsports basketball games. But this game looks like it deserves a chance.

# 95 Jay Smooth 00 @ 06/24/10 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarya
Its unfortunate for EAsports even though Nba live 10 was good and Elite 11 may be better its hard to re-gain trust from all the fans that theyve lost. And some theyll never regain their trust. Its almost like when you first meet a female you like and that one time something goes horribly wrong and she never talks to you again. No matter much better things get for you because that memory is stuck in her head. So i understand the people who are frustrated with EAsports basketball games. But this game looks like it deserves a chance.
Difinitly, this is definitly the game that I'm buying seeing that ea worked so hard

# 96 DaWolf @ 06/24/10 07:48 AM
Looks awesome im just wondering... how do you contest shots without going for the block?

# 97 donkey33 @ 06/24/10 07:48 AM
I'm reading some good things but it seems to be improving on an area that was already strong last year (player control). Now I'm glad that it's being improved even further. The physics system sounds great and total control over legs and hands will just add to it all but I'm still concerned about basketball fundamentals.

The fastbreak was covered by stepsix so I hope that is ironed out as it's a game breaker.

Rebounding?

AI, AI, AI. Physics and control are great but mean nothing if the AI is not improved upon. Fastbreak AI, rebounding AI, defensive AI. Not just the physics and animations on how it plays out.

That's what I really want to know about.

# 98 HoosierDaddy @ 06/24/10 08:05 AM
Rebounding is 100x better than last year from what we saw at community day.

# 99 loadleft @ 06/24/10 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Rebounding is 100x better than last year from what we saw at community day.
When you say better does that mean the ball actually deflected off the rim/backboard and went where it should (ie. long rebounds & and or bouncing off at the correct angles based on the path it took from the shooter) or are you simply saying they were more easily gotten by the player in the proper position?

# 100 HoosierDaddy @ 06/24/10 08:21 AM
I'd have to say the angles SEEMED right when we were playing, didn't really look at that much. Due to the fact we didn't have much 5 on 5 time, from what I saw, players that got in the proper position got the rebound and the "suction-action" seemed to be removed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.