Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Gamespot has posted a 7 minute NBA Elite 11 video, featuring Associate Producer Connor Dougan.

NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jrich730 @ 06/25/10 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeismarcus
please copy nhl 10 be a pro mode and this game will be amazing.

will you guys have monthly basketball tournaments like in ea sports hockey league?
Im pretty sure somewhere it was stated that both of those are in the game.

# 162 Vast @ 06/25/10 07:44 PM
Thanks for taking the time out to answer questions man. YOu rock!!!

Quick question to anybody who would know. How do you pump fake??

# 163 Jano @ 06/25/10 07:49 PM
I read somewhere that you flick up on the right stick.. And to shoot is more of a hold a release so it sounds like they are going the 2K route with it.

# 164 rEAnimator @ 06/25/10 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
rEAnimator,

a few questions...thanks in advance

will adjusting shots in midair actually be relevant in the game this year?

and can we expect to see lebron james/dwight howard like shot blocks? and shots pinned on the backboard?

and have the alley-oops changed? are will we still have slow motion alley oops?
Yes, absolutely. Adjusting mid air isn't just something you do to show off. It is a tool to use to avoid the block or draw the foul.

Shot blocks are a physical simulation of the hand and arm on the ball so you should see all kinds of different things happening.

And I can 100% promise you that you will not see any slow mo alley oops. I know what you're talking about and that will not happen.

# 165 ScoobySnax @ 06/25/10 09:03 PM
Will there be adjustable game speed? The game looks kind of fast in that Durant vs. LBJ video. If the game will be slowed down, then great.

# 166 rEAnimator @ 06/25/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
Will there be adjustable game speed? The game looks kind of fast in that Durant vs. LBJ video. If the game will be slowed down, then great.
Yeah, we all think the game is too fast as well. Not sure about the game speed option, was it there last year?

Anyway, things will change as we introduce player ratings and start tuning locomotion speeds. Everything is tuned for the fastest, most explosive and agile player right now. So keep that in mind when you watch the videos.

I'm not going to promise that everyone who's complained so far will like the game speed we settle on because it may very well be faster than real life to make it feel more responsive, but everyone here on the dev team thinks it's too fast right now so it won't stay as is.

# 167 ScoobySnax @ 06/25/10 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Yeah, we all think the game is too fast as well. Not sure about the game speed option, was it there last year?

Anyway, things will change as we introduce player ratings and start tuning locomotion speeds. Everything is tuned for the fastest, most explosive and agile player right now. So keep that in mind when you watch the videos.

I'm not going to promise that everyone who's complained so far will like the game speed we settle on because it may very well be faster than real life to make it feel more responsive, but everyone here on the dev team thinks it's too fast right now so it won't stay as is.
No there wasn't an option for it last year. It's just good to know that you guys thought it was too fast as well. Basketball is a fast-paced game, so as long as it's true to the game I'm good.

# 168 ParisB @ 06/25/10 09:39 PM
Quote:
It could happen, but like I said it's not likely.

Perhaps difficulty of layup timing should be influenced by where/when you take off, and how fast you're running at the time.

We want to avoid anything that introduces random error that isn't a result of something the user did. But basing it on the takeoff is something you control as a user so that wouldn't break the rule.

When you mentioned Rondo it's the first thing that popped into my head because he seemed a little out of control on some of the layup misses if I remember correctly.

Anyway, this is certainly an option. I'll keep it in mind when we get to discussion what influences shot difficulty.

Thanks.
Yea, I wouldn't use Rondo as the rule..more like the exception. The guy rushed a lot of them and had the fear in his mind that Bynum, Gasol, Odom, and Kobe were lurking near by.

Layups aren't missed regularly unless it's situations like that, or are heavily contested.

I can guarantee you that if you guys made layups harder, people will be complaining that they're too hard and it's unrealistic how many missed layups there are, lol. Welcome to video games, where nobody is completely happy

# 169 ParisB @ 06/25/10 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
maybe i missed something but i only saw a dude talking for 7 minutes and showing how to the use the controls.....

I didn't see anything incredible unless there was another video or something showing game play
you mean like the total and responsive controls?

have you ever played a game with as much fluid control?

# 170 JulesMendoza @ 06/25/10 10:07 PM
Hey reAnimator!

One thing that annoys me in live 10 was the inability of doing drop passes while going for a layup or a dunk. would drop passes be implemented this year?

# 171 sportyguyfl31 @ 06/26/10 01:54 AM
ahhhh yes..control is wonderful

# 172 jordankobewade7 @ 06/26/10 05:47 AM
One thing I've noticed is that the players don't jump very high on the jump shots..I started thinking about it,and after watching the gameplay video from e3,I'm certain that that's the problem.I was thinking maybe you guys should time how long on average a player stays in the air when they pull up for a jumper.I. think its like between 3-4 seconds.in live,and even in these early build videos of elite it seems you guys have it around 1-2 seconds,so with players who have a late release on their jumper,it seems as if they're on their way down by the time the shot should be released.can you please look into this? Thx in advance for considering my input.

# 173 BigDaneAyMane @ 06/26/10 01:05 PM
This vid is definitely more promising than the Lebron-Durant for some reason, and I feel this has potential, but 2k still looks better graphically, the players look too stocky again and I don't know how well Elite will work in a 5 vs 5 setting. Elite will be a good restart for the series, but I can't imagine it being on 2K's level in essentially year one.

I'm intrigued though and will give the demo a hard look. Despite 2K being better the last 5 years or so, things can change really quick with the right gameplay. We'll see.

# 174 Pared @ 06/26/10 01:51 PM
Helluva post, Big. That's how you do it here. Welcome to OS.

# 175 SacKings1999 @ 06/26/10 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordankobewade7
One thing I've noticed is that the players don't jump very high on the jump shots..I started thinking about it,and after watching the gameplay video from e3,I'm certain that that's the problem.I was thinking maybe you guys should time how long on average a player stays in the air when they pull up for a jumper.I. think its like between 3-4 seconds.in live,and even in these early build videos of elite it seems you guys have it around 1-2 seconds,so with players who have a late release on their jumper,it seems as if they're on their way down by the time the shot should be released.can you please look into this? Thx in advance for considering my input.
I'm pretty sure that there aren't any signature shot animations in the game at this point. Also, 1-2 seconds for hang time on a jumpshot sounds WAY better than 3-4 seconds. Four seconds would be Lebron on the moon.

# 176 mikenoob @ 06/26/10 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
No there wasn't an option for it last year. It's just good to know that you guys thought it was too fast as well. Basketball is a fast-paced game, so as long as it's true to the game I'm good.
There is a game speed option under the settings.

# 177 ParisB @ 06/26/10 02:47 PM
Yea no kidding, don't know where the 3-4 seconds came from,lol. That's how long it takes a fast guard to run the length of the court. If a guy could hang in the air for 3 seconds he would be setting world records left and right in track and field. The typical NBA jump shot might barely be over 1 second. Look at Ray Allen, he only needs a split second to release one of the best looking shots of all time.

# 178 BigDaneAyMane @ 06/27/10 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Helluva post, Big. That's how you do it here. Welcome to OS.
Haha thanks, bruh! I've actually been following this site, you, Pasta Padre and some others for years from afar. I'm a big gamer, but sports gaming is really where my passion is at!

As much as I love the NBA 2k series, they are most definitely NOT paying me to play their game, so I will never feel a "loyalty" to a series. The better game wins out everytime, just so happens I've felt like it's been 2k for five years.

Happy to be a member here and thanks for the welcome!

# 179 b_ball23 @ 06/27/10 03:30 AM
will there be defensive 3 seconds, traveling, and technical fouls in the game? Will graphics be even better than last year's game?

# 180 joel0078 @ 06/27/10 01:22 PM
Quote:

OK, I understand this is a work in progress and maybe I'm missing something here, but why is "everything tuned for the fastest, most explosive and agile player right now". And with your comment to keep that in mind when we watch the VIDEOS, that suggests to me there will be more of the same hyper speed movement in upcoming videos.....

Why not just show what the game will truly be? What's the point in tuning the players a certain way when it's not going to be an accurate portrayal of how the game actually plays??? These are the types of things that irritate me about this series and how its developed. Show us what the game will really be. I don't want to see something that is going to be drastically different from the final product and I think (hope) most people here would agree with me. I just really don't get why you would voluntarily show off this hyper speed if its not an accurate representation and you yourself agree that "everyone thinks it's way to fast". Seems kind of contradictory to me. If you have a reason, I'd like to hear it. Having said all that, this revelation has my faith in this game and how it's being produced, spiraling downward fast.

edit: How do you not know whether or not there was a game/player speed option in last years game and whether or not there will be one in this years version? Your comments about the speed of the game and whether or not everyone will like the final result, is seriously concerning.....If I were a betting man, I'd bet this game is going to be an ARCADE FEST with little hints of sim basketball here and there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.