Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE! EA TO REDEFINE THE SPORTS GAMING EXPERIENCE WITH FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION

Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that EA SPORTS is developing the latest iteration of the long-running Fight Night franchise, entitled Fight Night Champion, at EA Canada in Vancouver. Fight Night Champion will set a new standard in sports videogames by delivering the most dynamic simulation fighting experience to date, pushing visual boundaries and redefining the single player journey for the category.

“The EA SPORTS Fight Night franchise has consistently delivered one of the best sports experiences with each iteration”, said Andrew Wilson, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Development, EA SPORTS. “EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 was a genre defining game, and led the way as the industry transitioned to physics-based sports games. EA SPORTS Fight Night Champion will again forge new ground and deliver a sports experience unlike anything seen in the genre to date.”

Fight Night Champion will break the mold of what is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will be introduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes and experience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of world championship boxing.

Featuring a refined physics-based animation system that incorporates improved locomotion, punching and stamina mechanics, Fight Night Champion will enable users to move, attack and dodge with the speed and power of the best champions, contenders and pretenders in the world of boxing. In addition, an all-new control scheme, dubbed Full Spectrum Punch Control, will deliver the most realistic punching system ever seen in a simulation fighting game, while still delivering an accessible experience that will make Fight Night Champion the most user-friendly title in the franchise’s history.

Fight Night Champion will set a new standard for visual presentation with the most realistic boxer-likeness to date, fluid animations and damage that truly conveys the brutality of the sport of boxing.

Fight Night Champion will be available for the Xbox 360TM videogame and entertainment system system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and ships to retailers in 2011. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA ELITE basketball, NCAA® Football and NCAA Basketball, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JayBee74 @ 07/22/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
If there is no Mayweather im not buying.....But hey maybe it's a good thing he's not in the game because almost everyone would use him online...
If the game is realistic I'd just take Tommy Hearns and KO him in 4! (Floyd would run for three, but Hitman would catch him!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
FNR4 wasn't a bad game by any means, but I hope that this game actually shows a two year dev cycle because FN4 didn't IMO. The game (FN4) depth is comparable to the water that are in one of those small inflated kiddie pools.
Too much cluster punching without fatigue and breaking the block should have been harder. Full Spectrum Punch Control? It sounds good anyway.

# 22 LingeringRegime @ 07/22/10 04:56 PM
I hope Mike is back for this game. I

# 23 Chef Matt @ 07/23/10 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I hope Mike is back for this game. I really liked using him?
Fixed? lol

Yeah I like Iron Mike myself.

Either way I'm on this game though. Mayweather, Iron Mike, whoever, whatever. I love FNR4 and still play it daily with my buddies. But, we're not , by any stretch of the word, hardcore boxing fans. We're all casual gamers that just look for a quick competitive game and FNR4 fits the bill perfectly.

# 24 Chef Matt @ 07/23/10 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLemieux
I play FN4 today still (even though I only got it in June this year cus UFC 2010 sucked) and I still love it. Shame you can't really notice the graphics that well because if you do you get punched in the face.

What happened to Paqquio (can't spell his ruddy name!) I never saw happen in FN4. Blood just doesn't stick to the face lol. But putting it too over the top could make it kinda weird... I like it just the way it is on the screenshot. And hopefully, like others have been hoping for, career mode is better. Like hiring trainers, signing different contracts, and not the same freaking hard training modes.
He's there, but I can't remember which weight class he's in.

# 25 BatsareBugs @ 07/23/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
He's there, but I can't remember which weight class he's in.
I'm thinking he means by the blood and the swollen eye. In FNR4, there was swelling around the eyes, but the eye wouldn't be shut like that and blood would only trickle down the face from the cut on the cheek or above the eye from a boxer and that's it. It didn't get anywhere else.

# 26 ChosenOne58 @ 07/23/10 09:57 PM
Looks like it's going to be good. I think I can wait until 2011

# 27 SHAKYR @ 07/23/10 11:17 PM
I want EA to take their time on this game.

# 28 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/25/10 11:55 AM
jersey suave, remember that just about ever boxert has to be negotiated with individually. you talk about roster, im sure ea gave mayweather a number, im sure his greedy *** was insulted by it. so they could pay mayweather what he wants and have enough left over for like 3 nobodies thrown in as well. or they can negotiate with fighters of a sound mind and just realize any extra ea gives them to be in the game was money that wasnt in their bank account before. so inorder to have most of the top names in boxing i applaude them for not overpaying for mayweather.

# 29 Complex @ 08/05/10 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
I guess I am in minority about FN4. I think it is as close to boxing as they ever got on console. The graphics are amazing and the game is a ton of fun. I loved the punch system for the most part with the analog sticks. Online it was another story (hyper punchers) total cheese happening over there.

But that is why I am very excited they are focusing on the single player mode as the press release stated. I want a deep career mode because I enjoyed buliding up my fighter but the overall mode was boring.

The game looks like it will be great.
I think you are correct, it is the best we have. For me, I just want to keep pushing the envelope.

# 30 SHAKYR @ 08/05/10 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
I think you are correct, it is the best we have. For me, I just want to keep pushing the envelope.
As a boxing fan you have to. The Fight Night Community is taken lightly. When you settle you get anything. We need to be like the other sports title fans, we have to expect better.

I can't praise anything that doesn't have competition and taking baby steps toward realism. Don't get me wrong I like the strides the Fight Night Producers have taken but I want more because I'm a boxing fan...not an arcade fighter fan. I want the whole boxing experience in a game.

# 31 StillThe Master @ 08/06/10 06:31 PM
I want a game that constantly moves closer to realism too which is why I'm so passionate about kinect / move technology being implemented into the game.

Still.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.