Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE! EA TO REDEFINE THE SPORTS GAMING EXPERIENCE WITH FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION

Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that EA SPORTS is developing the latest iteration of the long-running Fight Night franchise, entitled Fight Night Champion, at EA Canada in Vancouver. Fight Night Champion will set a new standard in sports videogames by delivering the most dynamic simulation fighting experience to date, pushing visual boundaries and redefining the single player journey for the category.

“The EA SPORTS Fight Night franchise has consistently delivered one of the best sports experiences with each iteration”, said Andrew Wilson, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Development, EA SPORTS. “EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 was a genre defining game, and led the way as the industry transitioned to physics-based sports games. EA SPORTS Fight Night Champion will again forge new ground and deliver a sports experience unlike anything seen in the genre to date.”

Fight Night Champion will break the mold of what is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will be introduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes and experience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of world championship boxing.

Featuring a refined physics-based animation system that incorporates improved locomotion, punching and stamina mechanics, Fight Night Champion will enable users to move, attack and dodge with the speed and power of the best champions, contenders and pretenders in the world of boxing. In addition, an all-new control scheme, dubbed Full Spectrum Punch Control, will deliver the most realistic punching system ever seen in a simulation fighting game, while still delivering an accessible experience that will make Fight Night Champion the most user-friendly title in the franchise’s history.

Fight Night Champion will set a new standard for visual presentation with the most realistic boxer-likeness to date, fluid animations and damage that truly conveys the brutality of the sport of boxing.

Fight Night Champion will be available for the Xbox 360TM videogame and entertainment system system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and ships to retailers in 2011. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA ELITE basketball, NCAA® Football and NCAA Basketball, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ScoobySnax @ 07/20/10 04:40 PM
I can't make a snarky comment about the bloody pic, but Manny is really trying to get a deal done. Damn. Looks like this FN is going to be worth getting. I didn't like the demo of FN4 so I didn't purchase. I hope they'll have a good mix of current and past fighters.

They've got Pac-Man down pat. Looks EXACTLY like him.

# 2 djcorrosive @ 07/20/10 04:44 PM
Out-freaking-standing. It sounds like they completely reworked the career mode, which was quite boring in round 4. I cannot wait.

# 3 Kanobi @ 07/20/10 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcorrosive
It sounds like they completely reworked the career mode
where'd you read that?

# 4 rockchisler @ 07/20/10 06:12 PM
Dang Mayweather really worked him over.

# 5 Uncle Stumpy @ 07/20/10 06:25 PM
Awesome! Fight Night 4 was majorly dissapointing, so I won't be purchasing this first day. i will be getting it eventually. happy to see real damage, and i really hope career mode is revamped because again, they really added nothing to fight night 3. I hate Mayweather, i hope hes in the game so i can kill him

# 6 MizzouBravesFan @ 07/20/10 11:21 PM
Damn doesn't drop till 2011...that sucks.

I was hoping it'd come out in Q4 this year, ah well...willing to wait if it's a quality product.

The re-worked physics engine and this new punching mechanics are intriguing to me...taking a cautious wait and see approach.

# 7 apManila24 @ 07/20/10 11:25 PM
Man, if thats how manny looks then i wouldnt wanna see how messed up gayweather is. i mean mayweather. lol PACMAN ALL DAY!!!!

# 8 raiders81tim @ 07/21/10 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apManila24
Man, if thats how manny looks then i wouldnt wanna see how messed up gayweather is. i mean mayweather. lol PACMAN ALL DAY!!!!
When is the last time you seen mayweather cut? Or even bruised?

# 9 Balrog @ 07/21/10 06:59 AM
I have bought one of these games since round 3 but looks like i need to pick up a new title.

# 10 Money99 @ 07/21/10 08:20 AM
More info from the FN Producers:

http://blog.fightnight.easports.com/...-champion.aspx

I got an email alert from another website that claims the revamped gameplay will include more realistic stamina and punch control. I'm trying to find it now.
Stamina is one of the main issues FNRd4 has. I was hoping this would be fixed in the next version.

EDIT: Found it:
http://zoknowsgaming.com/2010/07/20/...opped-foreman/

Quote:
Boasting an upgraded and advanced physics-based animation system, the game will incorporate improved locomotion, stamina, and punching mechanics.

# 11 BDM313 @ 07/21/10 11:16 AM
Liked FNR4 Hopefully The Roster Is Better This Time Around...

# 12 rockchisler @ 07/21/10 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
When is the last time you seen mayweather cut? Or even bruised?
Exactly.......

# 13 acarrero @ 07/21/10 11:54 AM
Sweet! FN4 was awesome, I don't know what some of you are talking about. Weak roster? Wtf? The roster was the best ever in a boxing game, and with boxer share and DLC it was everything you could ask for. I liked the gameplay after the patches, except for allowing button smashing online which ruined the online experience for me. What it needed most, however, was an improved career mode, and it looks like that is what they are doing for this one. Can't wait.

# 14 DaReapa @ 07/21/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Sweet! FN4 was awesome, I don't know what some of you are talking about. Weak roster? Wtf? The roster was the best ever in a boxing game, and with boxer share and DLC it was everything you could ask for. I liked the gameplay after the patches, except for allowing button smashing online which ruined the online experience for me. What it needed most, however, was an improved career mode, and it looks like that is what they are doing for this one. Can't wait.
I agree. I absolutely loved FNR4. But as it was mentioned, the Career Mode could use an overhaul. Got very repetitive and boring.

# 15 DaveDQ @ 07/21/10 01:52 PM
This is great news. Fight Night 4 has gone a long way for me. It really is the most played game on my 360. I think too that when and after round 4 was released we saw a lot of feedback. Poetik helped create that culture of constructive criticism and I think it will pay off.

# 16 Carolina Dude29 @ 07/22/10 12:32 AM
This game looks awesome

# 17 bigeastbumrush @ 07/22/10 07:30 AM
Very realistic swollen eye and blood splattering

# 18 JayBee74 @ 07/22/10 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
if Mayweather isn't in this game i still dont care about it. The roster is the most important thing about these games. Its why i will prefer UFC over EA's MMA and until EA gets a larger roster featuring all of the top names in boxing then it will still just be a game that is played a few times and then shelved for more interesting games.
Yeah, I'm really going to lose some sleep if Mayweather's not in the game.

# 19 Epiffani @ 07/22/10 10:25 AM
FNR4 wasn't a bad game by any means, but I hope that this game actually shows a two year dev cycle because FN4 didn't IMO. The game (FN4) depth is comparable to the water that are in one of those small inflated kiddie pools.

# 20 Carolina Panthers @ 07/22/10 01:26 PM
If there is no Mayweather im not buying.....But hey maybe it's a good thing he's not in the game because almost everyone would use him online...

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.