Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Don’t Just Play as Mike, Become Him in NBA® 2K11

2K Sports today revealed The Jordan Challenge, a new game mode for the latest iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*, NBA® 2K11. This new mode will allow players to relive 10 different legendary games from Michael Jordan’s illustrious career and challenge them to replicate what he did on the court in NBA 2K11.

“Fans of the series are going to be thrilled to know that in NBA 2K11 Michael Jordan is much, much more than just a cover athlete,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We’re excited to start talking about the ways that Michael will be used in the game and there’s still a lot more to come.”

While playing The Jordan Challenge, fans can try to stun the world in Jordan’s self-described greatest game by torching the Cavaliers by 69 points in March of 1990; attempt to battle back from the flu to defeat the Jazz in Game 6 of the 1997 finals; or leave the world wanting more as they relive one of Jordan’s finest performances during his last game as a Chicago Bull on June 14, 1998. In addition to The Jordan Challenge mode, gamers will have the unique opportunity to play as some of the greatest teams in NBA history, including the ‘85-’86, ’89-’90, ’90-’91, ’94-’95, ’95-’96, ’96-’97, and ’97-’98 Chicago Bulls.

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010. For more information, please visit www.2ksports.com/nba2k11.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Altimus @ 07/22/10 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Any word if they'll have the Pink Floyd introduction for the Bulls players when they run out??
It's not Pink Floyd.

However, if they had this I would go nuts. This is my all time favorite intro. Absolutely amazing if it was in the game to a lesser degree even. You listening 2K?

# 82 youvalss @ 07/22/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio83
If Jack Haley is not on the bench as part of the 95-96 team, SO not buying this game!
Yeah, same here. And same goes for Mark Randall. If he's not on the bench for the 1992 Bulls, I'm not buying!

# 83 23 @ 07/22/10 04:32 PM
Yeah Altimus... wooo

# 84 cjallure24 @ 07/22/10 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
This is where we need to stop and tell ourselves: "This is just a video game".
I agree. I'll be the first to admit, after reading the articles and watching the video, my imagination just took off...I mean, the bill cartwright player model should be in the game seeing how he is one of the corner men on Fight Night Round 4....lol

# 85 ODogg @ 07/22/10 04:42 PM
Oh I confused it, it's Pink Floyd when the Bulls introduce the visiting team..

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=6155

# 86 WTF @ 07/22/10 05:00 PM
It's Alan Parson's Project "Sirius" ... Love that introduction

# 87 youvalss @ 07/22/10 05:10 PM
I just thought about something. Most of the 10 challenges (except for the shrug and couple of others) happened in AWAY games. So it means that we'll have those classic Arenas like the Boston Garden, Delta Center, The Forum, Cavs arena (forgot the name) etc...

# 88 DJNOC @ 07/22/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I wonder if they will have Bill Cartwright's signature Free Throw style...
U know they are probably going to give cartwright the High Flick or the Unorthodox sig. 2K can be a little lazy on details sometime.

# 89 Muzyk23 @ 07/22/10 05:12 PM
The intro has got to be in the game

# 90 youvalss @ 07/22/10 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNOC
U know they are probably going to give cartwright the High Flick sig. 2K can be a little lazy on details sometime.
Why would Cartwright shoot FT's if nobody is going to pass him the ball...? And that's an order!

# 91 Vast @ 07/22/10 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Czar, in 2K11 is there a simple animation of offball defenders "putting a hand on their man" especially within 15 feet? This occurs all the time in the NBA but has never been implemented in a video game. The first company to include this animation will go far in the Sim department.

Also will cut down on lead passes/backdoor passes/lack of resistance when offball offensive players go to the basket/defenders carelessly losing their man/etc.
This is a great idea, post it in the wishlist thread, if its not in this year. Definitley needs to be in next year.

I'm hyped for this years game. Since this is only the tip of the Iceburg.

# 92 Vast @ 07/22/10 05:31 PM
From the ESPN article.- "Moreover, Jordan's player model and in-game ratings will change in accordance with the particular playable moment -- over time, he'll become more muscular, with less hair -- while accomplishing certain game play goals, such as making six first-half three-pointers against Portland, will trigger signature animations like Jordan's famous "shrug.""

That right there gave me goosebumps man!

# 93 DJNOC @ 07/22/10 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbeau0805
Don't act like getting through the Bad Boys is a given.
Ok I just got a tingle (PAUSE) at the thought of playing the Bad Boys with Zeke, Dumars, Laimbeer, The Worm, Spyder and Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson!!!

I truly pray they have that 1990 Bad Boys Team.

# 94 hokupguy @ 07/22/10 06:22 PM
that arena has a retro feel to it. maybe old chicago staduim???

# 95 DGMikeBarker @ 07/22/10 06:32 PM
very excited

# 96 VDusen04 @ 07/22/10 06:35 PM
Quote:
Ok I just got a tingle (PAUSE) at the thought of playing the Bad Boys with Zeke, Dumars, Laimbeer, The Worm, Spyder and Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson!!!

It looks like a safe bet that they will.

# 97 youvalss @ 07/22/10 06:49 PM
Quote:

They're in!

# 98 Boilerbuzz @ 07/22/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I can get you TONS of old (80's & 90's) MJ as a Bull games. If you want, PM me.
Really? What format?

# 99 Boilerbuzz @ 07/22/10 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
This has come up a couple of times, so let me clear the AIR (no pun intended):

If NBA 2K11 has MJ's 69 point regular season game against Cleveland, that is NOT the game where he hit "The Shot." "The Shot" was a playoff game.
And it was a first round series if I recall. The Bulls went on to LOSE to Death-troit later in the playoffs that year.

# 100 Boilerbuzz @ 07/22/10 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I wonder if they will have Bill Cartwright's signature Free Throw style...
I'm with you dude. His FT and his shot. But 2K is supposed to be the kings of sig, so we'll see...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.