Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

For those that haven't been following the big thread. DaWolf has captured some more NBA 2K11 demo videos, from his trip to GamesCom. You can visit his site, right here.

Here are a few other ones that have been found.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 blues rocker @ 08/19/10 08:56 PM
haha...in 1:07 in vid Nr. 4 the Heat player does a step back into a fadeaway animation - that animation is a dead ringer for the stepback/fadeaways in Live 10...the animation is exact. anyway, i'm glad they finally brought momentum jumping shooting to 2k. Excellent.

# 22 Goffs @ 08/19/10 08:58 PM
the hitchiness transition animation is virtually gone...i just LOVE that its all so seamless and smooth now! i cant wait to see the 5on5 vids from Beluba...

# 23 RipCity71252 @ 08/19/10 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
the hitchiness transition animation is virtually gone...i just LOVE that its all so seamless and smooth now! i cant wait to see the 5on5 vids from Beluba...
QFT

The improvement in locomotion is substantial. Suprised people aren't talking about this more...

Ball Handling for instance looks light years better than 2k10's. The CPU is utilizing the bounce amazingly well too.

# 24 Goffs @ 08/19/10 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
QFT

The improvement in locomotion is sustantial. Suprised people aren't talking about this more...
thats all i've been watching the player movements...though i would like to see more contact for off ball players but im absolutely loving it!

# 25 23 @ 08/19/10 09:07 PM
Lots and lots of good stuff going on in here. NICE!

# 26 Goffs @ 08/19/10 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
People only see what they want to see, we've been talking about this on the 2K forums.
I wasnt even expecting a new locomotion for the players it was a total surprise when the first vid showed up! people who played 2k10 enough will instantly notice the difference! the ones that dont i will just write off as trolling....i mean they cant honestly say that the game plays exactly like 2k10....

# 27 blues rocker @ 08/19/10 09:10 PM
very nice vids. thanks DaWolf. these vids are much better than the first Gamescom vid. many more tipped passes by the CPU.

# 28 chackett12 @ 08/19/10 09:21 PM
The player movement looks real smooth. CPU seems to be more competition also. Like Lebrons new shot. Wanna see him and wades dunks. and maybe they can fix his headband logo. other wise the game looks very good

# 29 PVarck31 @ 08/19/10 09:22 PM
This will probably be my only day 1 purchase for the rest of the year.

# 30 thebesteva_22 @ 08/19/10 09:28 PM
This dude that is playing is making my mavs look bad lol. anyways the terry's socks actually look white instead of grey

# 31 green94 @ 08/19/10 09:29 PM
Gripes:

- Every layup is banked far too high off of the backboard

- Guys crossing their arms after foul calls (looks hilarious)

- Everything

- This game looks sooooooo disgusting

# 32 blues rocker @ 08/19/10 09:32 PM
my only real concern is at 00:19 in vid 1. the guy dunks with a defender right in his path. there should've been a contact animation that prevented him from moving forward (maybe a charge call), but instead the defender warps backward and just gets nudged back as the offensive player drives to dunk.

# 33 TUSS11 @ 08/19/10 09:40 PM
I thought they we're preaching improved player control. Why does the ball-handler do an auto-crossover whenever the defender reaches?

# 34 jr2424 @ 08/19/10 09:41 PM
I'm curious to know if this was at simulation level because if this was arcade, I'm really eager to see the higher levels. Players were cutting off bad passes, movements were SO much smoother than last year and I love seeing all those misses. I can't stand playing online and seeing players hitting shots over three guys off a stepback move from beyond the 3-point arc (anyone who's played team-up knows exactly what I mean). All in all, great from what I've seen. Most curious about how well they balance online.

# 35 TreyIM2 @ 08/19/10 09:44 PM
Kudos on these vids. Got to really get a grip on some of the freshness with all these vids and I am loving the new dribbling. The good ball handlers just look more lively with pep in their steps like IRL. Also the passing looked waaay better than in the past. NICE variety there and the ball faking, as witnessed by the oh so terrible human player looked great. Overall, the animations look so much smoother and fluid with little to no "clicking and popping" like years past. My excitement level just crept up a notch or so. Good job, 2K. Wanting more.

# 36 jr2424 @ 08/19/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
The player movement reminds me of Live. Hopefully, it's harder to get into the paint.
Uh, I have to disagree. Elite is way more robotic. This is much smoother. But I do give Elite credit for giving so much control to the player. Will be interesting to see if that control will be there in 2k (That's been the one thing Live/Elite has had over 2k this gen.)

# 37 mikenoob @ 08/19/10 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Uh, I have to disagree. Elite is way more robotic. This is much smoother. But I do give Elite credit for giving so much control to the player. Will be interesting to see if that control will be there in 2k (That's been the one thing Live/Elite has had over 2k this gen.)
I believe he meant off ball movement, not the actual way how they move.

# 38 23 @ 08/19/10 09:55 PM
Thanks for the videos DaWolf by the way

I appreciate you taking the time out for us man.

# 39 jr2424 @ 08/19/10 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I believe he meant off ball movement, not the actual way how they move.
Oh, my bad. That makes much more sense. Thanks

# 40 Jano @ 08/19/10 10:09 PM
The locomotion is very similar to Live 10 which is very good thing, because that means the movement is definitely going to be smoother and responsive.

Less of those long drawn out animations and more quick animations for when the player is bumped by the defense. And the step back moves are direct rips from Live 10 which is another great thing because those momentum shots were great.

Overall I'm impressed by these videos the passing controls and the new player locomotion had me real excited for this game. Seeing this stuff in motion is great can't wait for the demo to drop so I can get my hands on it.

And thanks for the vids DaWolf appreciated man!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.