Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

OS'ers jtdribbles25, 23 and Jano have posted their impressions of NBA Elite 11, from their hands-on time with the game at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event.

23 has posted a ton of video from the game on his Youtube channel. I just wanted to gather all of the videos together on one page, to make it easier to find and view.

We appreciate all the work 23, as well as the impressions, all 3 of you have given us.

To view the rest of them (17 in total), head over to 23's Youtube Channel, right here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RIZDRAVER @ 08/29/10 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
if the EA sports logo was not next to the ESPN scoreboard i would have thought it was a real game i'm watching.
You deserve some type of award.

# 22 bballdude17 @ 08/29/10 01:38 PM
2k has got my money this year
but i see real potential with elite

# 23 DaveDQ @ 08/29/10 01:42 PM
It looks rough, but I don't see the need to kick it when it's down. I'm not sure why some get joy out of that.

I don't like the player movement and how stiff everything looks. We hear so much about realtime physics but that's not the case here. Players move so awkwardly and the ball seems to still fall flat with what appears to be a lack of proper physics in ball movement.

# 24 RAELpogi @ 08/29/10 01:45 PM
when does the demo drop?

# 25 Dazraz @ 08/29/10 02:07 PM
Simply awful. Players off the ball are static. Like they only become a part of the game when the ball is within a couple of feet of them.

Even if this was the only NBA game available many people would be far from convinced of this being a must buy. With NBA 2K11 looking so impressive this game is going to flop. The only good that comes of an EA basketball game is that it makes sure 2K don't become complacent.

EA said that Elite is a 3 year project but I would not be surprised if EA drop this. Maybe they could invest a little more into Madden & get that game where it needs to be.

# 26 ehh @ 08/29/10 02:09 PM
User vs User vids are damn near useless - imagine if the other games' videos from Germany were user vs user, the user in every one of those vids was probably worse than the users in these Elite vids. The CPU and animations (always their strength) was the saving grace in those videos.

Animations have never been a strong suite of EA basketball so I'm not surprised at how the game animates. Really, I want to see how the CPU AI is and how a sim user looks playing the game since that's all I care about.

The worst part about these videos is obviously the insane jumping ability in certain situations. Outside of that I really can't jump to many conclusions other than people don't know the controls at all, all those weird runner things (and the Kobe travel lol) where layups should have been is an obvious sign of it.

# 27 bballdude17 @ 08/29/10 02:10 PM
there were a couple of nice dribble move sequences
that was defintly a positive

# 28 Super Glock @ 08/29/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
User vs User vids are damn near useless - imagine if the other games' videos from Germany were user vs user, the user in every one of those vids was probably worse than the users in these Elite vids. The CPU and animations (always their strength) was the saving grace in those videos.

Animations have never been a strong suite of EA basketball so I'm not surprised at how the game animates. Really, I want to see how the CPU AI is and how a sim user looks playing the game since that's all I care about.

The worst part about these videos is obviously the insane jumping ability in certain situations. Outside of that I really can't jump to many conclusions other than people don't know the controls at all, all those weird runner things. (and the Kobe travel lol) where layups should have been is an obvious sign of it.

Yeah, I really want to see this game played against the AI with a sim user. It will be interesting to see if it can be cleaned up.

# 29 erickonasis @ 08/29/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb
i'm sorry but the game looks terrible
This........

# 30 TequILLa @ 08/29/10 02:21 PM
Wow I'm really speechless, I mean seeing this footage you really can't blame the user vs user because, I'm looking at things that are going on off the ball. The way they are running is horrible, the gameplay reminds me of NBA 2k(the first one) on the dreamcast, very robotic, the jumping animations look weird and everybody does the same animation, I'll have to play the demo to really see if player are fighting through screen, working to get open, work for position in the post. It's obvious they scraped the coding for NBA Live 10, but to me it seems they took 4 steps back this year after Live last year took 2 steps forward last year.

I understand the developers intent of it being all up to the user, I don't know maybe they should of skipped this whole year and got every thing fine tuned. This game doesn't look nowhere near complete. The overlays of ESPN were ok. But other the that not too many good things to say, the game play way to arcady, they are sliding all over the place, the players are built funny, they run really funny, it lacks the signature likenesses of players, and I've noticed in this video and even videos that EA has released, sometimes when the player makes a basket and it's all net, the net animation will start before the ball touches it,...wow, just wow. Boozer dunking from BEHIND the freethrow line and not only that, it was TWO HANDED, that was the nail in the coffin for me(the nail happened before this), I'll still try the demo, but that's where I'll stop.

# 31 Jano @ 08/29/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The worst part about these videos is obviously the insane jumping ability in certain situations. Outside of that I really can't jump to many conclusions other than people don't know the controls at all, all those weird runner things (and the Kobe travel lol) where layups should have been is an obvious sign of it.
Haha that kobe travel was probably me, I really had a hard time picking up the controls.

I'm one of those guys thats going to have to spend like 30 mins in the tutorials before I can even think about playing against an opponent lo!

Its sad because I usually pick up the controls of most games pretty easily.

# 32 Da-Man @ 08/29/10 02:36 PM
People will come on here just to hate on elite because it's the 'cool' thing to do but one things for certain is that elite 11 will be the best basketball sim game since live 07 and you can take that to the bank.

# 33 Jano @ 08/29/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
People will come on here just to hate on elite because it's the 'cool' thing to do but one things for certain is that elite 11 will be the best basketball sim game since live 07 and you can take that to the bank.
Lol I'm not going to say that!

Maybe in terms of control of your player but even then that may be up in the air because 2K is coming with it in that department too.

# 34 elprez98 @ 08/29/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
It has nothing to do with hate. I enjoyed Live 10, especially the controls. Jano has said that a lot of it was user error, but that does not mask the fact that this will be hell to play online if jet pack dunks and general all-out chaos are in.

# 35 Super Glock @ 08/29/10 02:53 PM
I'm so glad I don't play sports games online, lol

# 36 turftickler @ 08/29/10 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It'll look better on your HDTV man

Also no one was trying to do behind the backs or whatever. Those leaners were from momentum and ended up like that.

The only one doing dribble moves was the same kid controlling boozer and turk and a few others.

The cheeser guy wasnt running plays but he did keep coming down popping 3's with Kobe. I think it was on pro btw, but never got a chance to check or change anything because the guy told me to upload for promotion, I was only thinking of getting clips for you guys so I never played passed the initial 1 half.

The pick and roll felt pretty good though from what I can remember.

Oh and for anyone coming here to just throw out phrases like "this sucks".. you'll be banned because its against the TOS.

The running up and down court doesn't feel like you're all out of control and super fast, I have to say that again. You'll see when the demo drops.
I will respectfully say that from the footage I saw in the videos, I am truly unimpressed. However, I am hoping that this game shapes up to be at least a good game this year. It definitely will not be as good as NBA 2k11, but I do hope that after playing the demo, I can get a good feel for it and pick NBA Elite 11 up at my local gamestop.

Thank you for uploading those vids. I think the demo will help us all in the next week or so.

# 37 ccoaxum @ 08/29/10 02:54 PM
i really do not understand how ppl can judge something they haven't played yet and videos that were shown was not not made by EA and it was users that were playing the game for the first time, so they do not know how to play the game, being the fact its new controls. 2k on the other hand videos is simple because they posted there own videos well most of them and there controls and animations are not like Elite. An speaking of animations Elite took that out of their (animations) game so of course you not going to see what you would normally see in a basketball game. just wait for the demo like......like me and see how u like it. ......o yea i play 2k and Live.....so it really do not matter to me....lmao yall ppl is a trip

# 38 elprez98 @ 08/29/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
i really do not understand how ppl can judge something they haven't played yet and videos that were shown was not not made by EA and it was users that were playing the game for the first time, so they do not know how to play the game, being the fact its new controls. 2k on the other hand videos is simple because they posted there own videos well most of them and there controls and animations are not like Elite. An speaking of animations Elite took that out of their (animations) game so of course you not going to see what you would normally see in a basketball game. just wait for the demo like......like me and see how u like it. ......o yea i play 2k and Live.....so it really do not matter to me....lmao yall ppl is a trip
Until they have real guys in the game, the game is still animated. Elite took out two player animations for collisions.

# 39 Jamesmaster @ 08/29/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa
I understand the developers intent of it being all up to the user, I don't know maybe they should of skipped this whole year and got every thing fine tuned. This game doesn't look nowhere near complete. The overlays of ESPN were ok. But other the that not too many good things to say, the game play way to arcady, they are sliding all over the place, the players are built funny, they run really funny, it lacks the signature likenesses of players, and I've noticed in this video and even videos that EA has released, sometimes when the player makes a basket and it's all net, the net animation will start before the ball touches it,...wow, just wow. Boozer dunking from BEHIND the freethrow line and not only that, it was TWO HANDED, that was the nail in the coffin for me(the nail happened before this), I'll still try the demo, but that's where I'll stop.
I was thinking the same thing. It seems that the devs are working 24/24 now to get the game finished but with what results? Maybe they should indeed skip a year and deliver a game that LOOKS decent, because whether you like it or not, the looks (not only graphics, but animations) are important. This game looks to be a big step back compared to Live 10, which had a decent foundation. Obviously management wants to see money, but by releasing this I honestly don't see how EA is going to lure in new costumers.

# 40 Super Glock @ 08/29/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
I will respectfully say that from the footage I saw in the videos, I am truly unimpressed. However, I am hoping that this game shapes up to be at least a good game this year. It definitely will not be as good as NBA 2k11, but I do hope that after playing the demo, I can get a good feel for it and pick NBA Elite 11 up at my local gamestop.

Thank you for uploading those vids. I think the demo will help us all in the next week or so.
I agree, I know it won't be as good as the other game but I hope I can get a good feel for the demo and enjoy the controls because I always enjoy picking up both games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.