Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

NBA ELITE 11 is back with the first of two gameplay videos featuring 5 on 5 action. This video is a user vs. user matchup with NBA ELITE Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas taking on NBA Community Manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah (also known as blackflash83 on the forums) . The game is being played on a Pre-final build with some tuning left to do but it provides a good representation of how the game will play once you developed your skills with the new Hands-On control.

Be sure to check out some of the quick plays being called during half court offensive sequences (press X on the 360 to begin a quick play or the Square button on PS3) and the importance of playing the passing lanes as balls can get deflected. You have complete control this year in NBA ELITE 11.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bmgoff11 @ 09/02/10 12:02 AM
looked a lot better then previous videos and better the live 10 dont know people r talking about /graphics are better to who ever said they looked worse// all in all i will make final judge if i'll buy game when i play demo

# 62 WTF @ 09/02/10 12:05 AM
Not feeling it at all. Feels like this demonstration is nothing more the Crowd Control, trying to quiet the vids that 23 took the other night. Look at early on in the video, Jennings had a wide open lane to the hoop on the left side of the floor on a fast break, but instead, the user pulls it back out to run a set play.

I'm sorry, this video does nothing for me. I was still cautiously optimistic after 23's videos, giving it the benefit of the doubt, but I just can not see myself playing this game. Will be the first year that I won't buy both titles on launch. I "may" pick up Elite when it hits the bargain bin, but at this point, it's still a huge if. Coming from a huge NBA gamer, that says a lot.

# 63 neptuneniq @ 09/02/10 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgoat22
is it just me or does Mike Breen not sound like Mike Breen, seems like they got someone else to do his voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J09h96xTEk

typical JVG and MBreen convo

not really adding much personality into his voice, kinda stale especially the intro

when is the demo suppose to release?

# 64 bigballa21 @ 09/02/10 12:05 AM
i might be wrong and if i am please correct me but am i the only one that fears all the guards and most SF will dribble the same way?

# 65 MrMakeEmAkRight @ 09/02/10 12:05 AM
well I gotta say it doesn't look as bad as the other videos . I'd been playing 2k since they axed live for the pc but 2k in the early dreamcast days and I gotta say this video shows a little potential even if the game isn't up to par it still might be fun. But at the end of the day I would go with 2k for now and just watch elite progress.. .

but the damn commentary is boring as hell I would hate to watch a real game and hear that its like they were damn near sleep during the whole video

# 66 mario_2324 @ 09/02/10 12:07 AM
HHMMM and you guys were the same one's SOOOO THIRSTY for this vid , but yet complain and nit pick so much lmao....First it's the gameplay and flow NOW its the commentary....smh

# 67 dexvex @ 09/02/10 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLk9GFij8F0

This looked better last year
no it doesn't...

# 68 CaptainCharisma @ 09/02/10 12:09 AM
as a live fanboy all my life , i have to say im very disappointed , this does not look good at all , and i jus dont get how the demo can change sum peoples minds , regardless its still guna look the same commentary is still guna be horrible graphics will still be bad and idk it jus doesnt look right , will def, try demo but will be 1st time i dont buy an ea sports bball game

# 69 Jano @ 09/02/10 12:10 AM
Where is the crowd in this vid normally they are rockin in EA games. Made the commentary seem even blander then it already was.

And the pacing looked good was like a new game compared to the other vids. Wish we could have seen more post ups would have been more exciting video if they had done that more.

Wanted to see more of Salmons in the high post position, and Bogut in the low post. Also didn't like how they didn't push the ball with NY.

Made them look like some half court team when we know they like to run. I know the slower pace was deliberate but they should have clashed more in style.

NY should have been pushing it on the break while Milwaukee could have played a more half court style. They made the game seem so generic weren't being as aggressive as I would have liked. Hopefully in the next vid they attack more often and look for transition opportunities.

And in the half court run more plays for the teams scorers in spots they would be most effective in. Put Amare in some more Pick n Roll or Run Gallo through some off ball screens.

This vid was good to see in terms of the quick plays but those shouldn't have been run as much. Want a more exciting video next time don't hold back as much let the transition three's fly and push the ball.

Play like real NBA teams!! they were playing like they had 35 seconds on the shot clock lol!

# 70 jrose57 @ 09/02/10 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballatician
I guess I'll stick with the positives. The ball was kicked out a after an offensive rebound unlike in Live 10.
DO YOU NOT KNOW IS USER VS USER???!????

# 71 VDusen04 @ 09/02/10 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLk9GFij8F0

This looked better last year
I remember this video and right now, I agree. I remember watching this clip last year and thinking Live had put together something solid. That is why I'm surprised to see the offering we've seen thus far this year. It does not feel like progress.

# 72 pdawg17 @ 09/02/10 12:12 AM
Honestly videos never do it for me...I've watched all the videos of the other game too...I agree with EA's philosophy in that I want to actually feel like I made the shot because of skill and not just because I am Lebron or Kobe...the question will be if EA can deliver on what they want this game to be...

Neither game interests me fully but I am in the minority in that I will be picking up Elite for the sole fact that it is "something different"...

# 73 pdawg17 @ 09/02/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young2Mel
nba 2k1 was better than this. and thats a fact.
Go back to your board please...

# 74 jmood88 @ 09/02/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
One question though for everyone. I'm not seeing anything different from last years game in regards to real physics. Anyone else see something different?
I haven't seen a single example of physics based movements in any of the videos that have been released.

# 75 bigballa21 @ 09/02/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Not feeling it at all. Feels like this demonstration is nothing more the Crowd Control, trying to quiet the vids that 23 took the other night. Look at early on in the video, Jennings had a wide open lane to the hoop on the left side of the floor on a fast break, but instead, the user pulls it back out to run a set play.

I'm sorry, this video does nothing for me. I was still cautiously optimistic after 23's videos, giving it the benefit of the doubt, but I just can not see myself playing this game. Will be the first year that I won't buy both titles on launch. I "may" pick up Elite when it hits the bargain bin, but at this point, it's still a huge if. Coming from a huge NBA gamer, that says a lot.
Interesting........i think EA predicted that the game so far would be looked at in a negative light and decided to pack Elite with Nba jam for more incentive....I think someone here said it best when they said that EA is in "wait until next year" mode...they build something from scratch then they say in not so many words that it is in the first year of implementation and the next year it should be better...that's where things fall off the rails somewhere between the first year and the second something changes and they start all over again with a whole new "vision" IMO

# 76 erickonasis @ 09/02/10 12:15 AM
Did not like the camera angle at all...kind of hard to get a feel for how its going to look from the view i play with...at least there wasnt too much goofiness going on in the vid.

# 77 Ermolli @ 09/02/10 12:15 AM
Very disappointed right now. As some already said, I thought this was EA's year to step up but this isn't looking good at all. Anyway, there are some good thing on the video...

# 78 Ballatician @ 09/02/10 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
DO YOU NOT KNOW IS USER VS USER???!????
No need to shout. Its late. But...

You're right. Welp I'm all out of positives for now.

# 79 Mike Smoove @ 09/02/10 12:18 AM
RTP huh ? smh

# 80 mrclutch @ 09/02/10 12:20 AM
Just watched the vid.

I am now going to go cry.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.