Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
when they tell you that the focus was more on control than visuals, and to not pass judgement until you feel it in the demo, that's pretty "remotely close" to saying that.
They say pay attention MORE on control then visual. That is not pay attention to control but dont mind the visuals. I mean you have no choice but to see the visuals when looking at the video but the focus should be on control

i really think that when they say judgement they mean as far as "im not going to buy this game, or this game is horrible, or live 10' 08' and 07' is better". of course people are going to have opinions on how it looks.

The dev are seeing the same thing we are seeing. If they overreacted to them like everyone is doing then they would not continue to release videos

# 202 convince @ 09/05/10 11:55 PM
I apologize 23. I will back on topic.

# 203 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 11:57 PM
Quote:
So, you think the player models changed in a matter of days? When the game should already be done? Really?
Bruh please stop it. Did i say that. No. I have said it earlier that i think the way the games are recorded have something to do with the player models. Looking at the knicks, and pistons and clippers videos it is so hard to tell who was who. I had to look at the names to see who was who.

But if you go back and look at the elite24 videos you can better tell who is who in those videos

# 204 23 @ 09/06/10 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Bruh please stop it. Did i say that. No. I have said it earlier that i think the way the games are recorded have something to do with the player models. Looking at the knicks, and pistons and clippers videos it is so hard to tell who was who. I had to look at the names to see who was who.

But if you go back and look at the elite24 videos you can better tell who is who in those videos

Ummm, I was there and I didnt know who some of those guys were man

When Tyson Chandler dunked I had to ask who that was because I couldnt tell who he was, plus he jumped from way out of his way

JaVale McGee was a dark skinned dude, and he's like a high yellow fella.. it was all the way wrong. Thats one reason the cam was shaky because i had to get close up so you could tell what you were looking at because from afar you would've just seens men running around a court

Im not slamming the graphics because it looked like a dulled out NBA Live 10 to me when I first saw it so if you could stand last year im sure you'll be okay with this year. Its the constant changes back and forth that I dont get.

Had they made the models and angle and everything like it was in the hangar then it would be nice looking to me.

# 205 fatleg3 @ 09/06/10 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Ummm, I was there and I didnt know who some of those guys were man

When Tyson Chandler dunked I had to ask who that was because I couldnt tell who he was, plus he jumped from way out of his way

JaVale McGee was a dark skinned dude, and he's like a high yellow fella.. it was all the way wrong. Thats one reason the cam was shaky because i had to get close up so you could tell what you were looking at because from afar you would've just seens men running around a court

Im not slamming the graphics because it looked like a dulled out NBA Live 10 to me when I first saw it so if you could stand last year im sure you'll be okay with this year. Its the constant changes back and forth that I dont get.

Had they made the models and angle and everything like it was in the hangar then it would be nice looking to me.
You are right. Some players you cant tell and i think that is ea not doing everyones likeliness. They not necessarily get only the superstars but it seems as if they pay more attention to the better players. Cause even in the orl video you cant tell who duhon, reddick, and quntis richardson is without seeing their names.

But with the last 3 videos i couldnt tell who anyone was. Not even chris paul or stodimire(yes i know i screwed his name up bad) And i remember with 10 stodimire was one of the best looking players as far as resembling there real life person

# 206 Boilerbuzz @ 09/06/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
They say pay attention MORE on control then visual. That is not pay attention to control but dont mind the visuals. I mean you have no choice but to see the visuals when looking at the video but the focus should be on control

Oh come on man. You can sit there and try to reinterpret the message all you want. Don't try to pretend that this was not the message being sent: "Please forgive the look of the game. We focused more on feel." When you OPENLY tell people to focus more on one aspect, that means less on the aspect they admit is falling short. There's no talking around that.

Quote:
i really think that when they say judgement they mean as far as "im not going to buy this game, or this game is horrible, or live 10' 08' and 07' is better". of course people are going to have opinions on how it looks.
Of course they will. For my tastes, I don't mind how the game looks. I don't think it looks very exciting and I think some of the blends and warping are pretty ugly. But if controls are that great then you just have to weigh how much that means to your on a personal level. Again, some people feel there should be no compromise.

Quote:
The dev are seeing the same thing we are seeing. If they overreacted to them like everyone is doing then they would not continue to release videos
Well yes and no. At some point, they ARE beholden to the fans or the fans will lose all faith. There's really no excuse not to release videos when your competitor is releasing them. Then when the Elite 11 event videos came out, they pretty much had to go into damage control. Don't forget, before those videos, people assumed the media silence meant trouble. So they have to show something and they can't hide too much. What they CAN do play shells and say, "Hey, focus on THIS is this video, and THAT in that video." But that's if they feel the need to hide anything of course. I'm just saying that the fact that they are showing videos doesn't mean they don't recognize it can look really bad to people.

# 207 ehh @ 09/06/10 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgthem
So the freebie game has the sigs but the game your buying dosen't?
At this point I'm pretty sure I'm paying $60 for NBA Jam and getting Elite for free lol.

# 208 fatleg3 @ 09/06/10 12:25 AM
[quote=Boilerbuzz;2041563206]Oh come on man. You can sit there and try to reinterpret the message all you want. Don't try to pretend that this was not the message being sent: "Please forgive the look of the game. We focused more on feel." When you OPENLY tell people to focus more on one aspect, that means less on the aspect they admit is falling short. There's no talking around that.

As far as this goes that is not what im getting because when i see the videos i look at the animations plus the control.

Im not going to sit here and sugar coat anything. But everything about whats been going on here is based of opinions.

With that said I for myself pay more attention to whats different which is the controls and what you can do because the graphics are basically the same as live 10. Not much has changed. So to me its kind of like looking at the same game but its being played a little different. And im not saying the graphics being the same is a good thing because there are things that can be improved on

# 209 coolcras7 @ 09/06/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
At this point I'm pretty sure I'm paying $60 for NBA Jam and getting Elite for free lol.
nope you are paying 60 for a dumbed down Jam game only the Wii will have the full game.

# 210 Boilerbuzz @ 09/06/10 12:37 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Oh come on man. You can sit there and try to reinterpret the message all you want. Don't try to pretend that this was not the message being sent: "Please forgive the look of the game. We focused more on feel." When you OPENLY tell people to focus more on one aspect, that means less on the aspect they admit is falling short. There's no talking around that.
As far as this goes that is not what im getting because when i see the videos i look at the animations plus the control.
How can you "look at" controls? Granted, there are some things you can read about controls when looking, but there's no way in on this Earth you can really see anything definitive about controls from a 3rd party view. That's just not possible. But you see what you want to see. Extrapolating is very dangerous. But, you'll convince yourself that it's all good before even touching the game. So, I guess there's nothing else to say on your side. Others are not so easily convinced. Respect that and don't assume they "see" the same things you think you see.

Quote:
Im not going to sit here and sugar coat anything. But everything about whats been going on here is based of opinions.
Well, everything you've said has been YOUR opinion. Even what you think you "see" in controls is based SOLELY on opinion and how much you buy into what EA has been telling you about the game. You choose to use sugar to form your opinion and others choose to use salt. It's that simple.

Quote:
With that said I for myself pay more attention to whats different which is the controls and what you can do because the graphics are basically the same as live 10. Not much has changed. So to me its kind of like looking at the same game but its being played a little different. And im not saying the graphics being the same is a good thing because there are things that can be improved on
Then you don't disagree with many of the people you've been arguing with. The focus on what's missing while you focus on what was added. Again, the way I see it - many people feel that the area of neglect should not have been necessary. You think it was an acceptable compromise. Seems you and the devs agree. Forgive those that disagree.

# 211 coolcras7 @ 09/06/10 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
plus keep in mind that until we got those user gameplay vids the only vids we had gotten was when a Elite producer happened to see something they liked while playing the game, and even those vids werent always that great. But it just seemed dumb that the only vids we were getting were when the guys would pick 1 play out of the many hours of playing the game. So we didnt know if the game was any good or if they had to wait until they could actually find a play good enough to show.

Then once the user gameplay vids came out they pretty much had to release gameplay vids quickly. Like you said, it doesnt look good when your competition is putting out vids and youre not because then it appears like youre trying to hide your flaws and with the way things are these days with 24/7 forums to express your thoughts and opinions, people wont accept not seeing the game before it comes out.
It was not just that they were not releasing videos it was the fact that we were a almost a month away from release and no one knew how the game looked with 5 on 5

# 212 NoTiCe_O @ 09/06/10 12:51 AM
I see so much options and control this games gives the user, and potential, potential, potential.

# 213 Nines @ 09/06/10 01:08 AM
Live was on the right path last year. I really believed they were. It was fun to play, albeit annoying at some times... but now I watch this Elite stuff, and I don't know guys.

I just don't know. It seems stuff went hideously wrong somewhere. I'm not one to rag on games especially pre-release but I am completely baffled how they seem to have fouled up the good foundation they laid last year. People look at these vids and say they are improving, but to me it looks worse with every viewing.

I just don't know.

# 214 fatleg3 @ 09/06/10 01:55 AM
I really think people are trying to get others banned.

But anyway back to the video,

with live 10 the tipoffs looked like canned animations also that was per-determined as soon as it started. It looks like it will be the same

# 215 fatleg3 @ 09/06/10 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
The last couple of videos with the broadcast cam make the game look better. An improvement over the north/south cam. Some of those dunks looked quite nice though the step back j's look goofy.

There's still a lot of work to do but overall not bad. I'm still eager to try the demo.
I can see people using the step back jumper a lot because every time the user did it he hide room to shoot

# 216 BDM313 @ 09/06/10 02:42 AM
looks good a bit fast since it was filmed from the video camera overall the cam angle makes elite look so much better cant wait til the demo drops

# 217 yungflo @ 09/06/10 03:44 AM
I'll honestly wait the next 2 years. It'd be really really interesting if EA can achieve RTP. Think about it, that would change video games forever!

# 218 turftickler @ 09/06/10 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Looking better and better...can't remember specific players but:

At 1:15 - Carter "hop step" move does concern me with cheesers...hopefully it's possible to pick up charges once the hop step is started...

At 1:40 - Heat player was in mid-air going to basket and ball was knocked out...would never have happened with a "canned" animation...

At 3:00 for those of you that said all makes are swishes - Carter made a shot off glass, rim, glass and in...

At 4:00 - great mid-air collision on a dunk attempt (although a foul should have been called)...
I like what I see in this video. The only thing that concerns me is the foul/collision detection. Is it there when you are in the air as well, does it only happen when the shooter is in the air or on the ground when hit?

All in all though, that was a good video. I could even point out most of the players in that one. Looks like Chalmers got a number change.

# 219 mrclutch @ 09/06/10 11:20 AM
I think most of us can agree that this is the best vid so far. No doubt the Broadcast view has something to do with it. I am certainly less dicouraged after this vid than the the previous ones.

Playing the demo is were it is going to be at. The developers have said over and over again that you have to "feel the control". What has alway been funny to me though is I thought the level of control was the strength of Live 10. We will see.

# 220 HoosierDaddy @ 09/06/10 01:43 PM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.