Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 convince @ 09/05/10 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghiz143
you know what... if 2k11 dosnt have MJ himself in the game.. looks like elite 11 will dominate.. but with 2k11 MJ.. its gonna be hard.
This has to do with the video how?...

# 182 yungflo @ 09/05/10 08:47 PM
Quote:
you know what... if 2k11 dosnt have MJ himself in the game.. looks like elite 11 will dominate.. but with 2k11 MJ.. its gonna be hard.
thats sarcasm right?

# 183 J-Clutch1 @ 09/05/10 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Thats just a stupid comment.. MJ has nothing to do with how good the gameplay will be becasue it was good before they got him on ther cover. This game will most likely appeal to the younger crowd who only care about crossovers and dunks.

Or to guys who like having tons of control.

Come on, this game will have lots of buyers, and it obviously is better than the other game to some. There's no need to try to change their opinion if that's what they'll believe.

We have our own opinions and we shouldn't pay attention to others trying to change it, unless our opinions are way out of context.

# 184 VDusen04 @ 09/05/10 09:11 PM
You know, I've been thinking about the "Dwight Howard Jump Shot" thing because initially I thought that I wouldn't even want the capability of shooting a jump shot like that in this specific situation (after a pump fake from 4-5 feet away). But then I thought maybe I'd like the option like you guys mentioned. But really. . .I'm not sure I care enough about that specific of control.

I can see where some people like to have the option (or skill) to choose not to shoot a jump shot from 4 feet, but it feels like overkill to me. I'd like to make a post move and feel confident that the button I press will likely always provide a logical shot choice. I want control over logical moves, not hypothetical ones (i.e. Shaq could attempt a 360 scoop layup from 17 feet out, but I honestly wouldn't ever want the ability to attempt it).

# 185 tybud @ 09/05/10 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
Or to guys who like having tons of control.

Come on, this game will have lots of buyers, and it obviously is better than the other game to some. There's no need to try to change their opinion if that's what they'll believe.

We have our own opinions and we shouldn't pay attention to others trying to change it, unless our opinions are way out of context.
i agree, and this game does alot more ugly than it does rite. yeah some stuff looks off but its not wrong, i still want get my hands on the controls before say yes sir or no sir but i will more than likely take to the game because i loved live 10 and this has alot of 10 in its own ways, which is a great thing for me. never allow another man to make a decision for you, we all have choices in life thats the beauti in living.

# 186 yungflo @ 09/05/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Ok this contol over everything is just silly..I would like someone to name 1 next gen game that looked terrible but had the best gameplay.
they can't lol. No one can. thats because games have to appeal to the eye as well. Why else would crappy games cut CGI commericals? even though, that's not in the gameplay.

Heck, 2k even cut one.

# 187 J-Clutch1 @ 09/05/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Where did i say don't buy this game?? I'm telling the other guy that 2K11 will be good with or without MJ in it.
I never said you don't buy it... but I'm just saying that if guys have those types of opinions, you really have no ability to change em cuz they're always gonna think that.

# 188 mrprice33 @ 09/05/10 09:31 PM
All pro football?
Quote:
Ok this contol over everything is just silly..I would like someone to name 1 next gen game that looked terrible but had the best gameplay.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

# 189 FearlessKaz @ 09/05/10 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
damn i just saw this video of someone playing NBA jam at pax and the sig jump shots in that game look better than some of the ones elite has
http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/09/05...ons-and-videos
That's funny man. Some of those are spot on!

# 190 FearlessKaz @ 09/05/10 10:11 PM
Durant, Kobe, Pau and Garnett.

# 191 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/05/10 10:16 PM
Quote:
and you wonder why people bring 2k into this thread. Honestly if you dont want people bragging about 2k, dont bring it up, and this is coming from a 2k fan.

# 192 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybud
everything you stated up until the point you made about the sweetspot was rite. but why would there be a sweet spot for a player on the court if thats not his normal sweet spot. are you thinking that ea is giving out generic sweet spots.
I'm talking about the "sweet spot" of the shooting mechanic. The timing. If you time that release of the shot on the right frame: bucket. Regardless of defense, shooter, et al...

# 193 FearlessKaz @ 09/05/10 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgthem
So the freebie game has the sigs but the game your buying dosen't?
Pretty sure Elite has those guy's sig shots as well.

It's just funny how well done they are in Jam. Wouldn't of expected that.

# 194 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
All pro football?
APF had crappy grass and longish player models. But everything else look good and it animated smoothly.

# 195 Behindshadows @ 09/05/10 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgthem
So the freebie game has the sigs but the game your buying dosen't?
Yeah I just watched those NBA Jam videos, they have signature jumpers in it. I was actually shocked to see that.

I'm going to play that game to death.

# 196 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
pass the dutchie pon de lef hand side

or when a video game company basically said ignore how the videos look because you have to "feel" the controls.
I dont think ea came remotley close to sayinh that.If that was the case we would not even be talking about them better yet we would not have videos to look at

# 197 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
I dont think ea came remotley close to sayinh that.If that was the case we would not even be talking about them better yet we would not have videos to look at
when they tell you that the focus was more on control than visuals, and to not pass judgement until you feel it in the demo, that's pretty "remotely close" to saying that.

# 198 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
Thats great for you, just make sure you don't scratch the disk to much or gamestop might not let you trade it in for something better.
Ok um this definitly should be deleted if anything else is. It definitly has zero to do with this thread and if its not bashing i dont know what is.

I really want to see the cpu play against the cpu so i can get a good feeling of how the cpu plays towards the team strength.

The player models where way better on this video then the last couple ones

# 199 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
The player models where way better on this video then the last couple ones
So, you think the player models changed in a matter of days? When the game should already be done? Really?

# 200 coolcras7 @ 09/05/10 11:49 PM
Elite is clearly a arcade game with sim elements, there were 7 dunks in 5 minutes of gameplay, contested dunks either result in the offensive player pushing the defender in mid air and completing the dunk with no affect what so ever from the contact like the Wade over Pietrus, both players bouncing off each and no foul being called like the Vince vs Bosh or with a stupid animation where the defensive player cowards with his hands on his head really why is Bosh doing that animation still not seeing physics,dribble just looks unrealistic how many cross overs and behind the back are you doing to do without losing your handle, but whatever to each his own if you enjoy the video then buy the game, if you did not wait for the demo and if still not satisfied don't buy it and continue to live your life.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.