Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 04:31 PM
Things that stuck out to me:
:15-nice post move. Would have been a vintage dwight moment if he would have dunked, finger rolled, or did a hook shot. He will never take a jump shot from even that far away. Although he did try jumpshots a couple times this past season and he is working on that. If thats any indication of how the heat big men are irl then they are in a world of trouble cause dwight will kill them and so will boston big man. that also looks like how dwight shoots he just dosent jump that high. yea i know sig animations are not to hot with elite this yr

:22-nice off-ball movements the entire posssesion by the heat

:30-Bosh stands at the 3pt line. Could have been caused by the user casue when bosh caught the tipped ball he ran out to the 3pt line

:44-Vintage orl pick and roll. The heat switch on the pick and that leaves wade on howard. That will be an easy basekt everytime. Dont know if user tried to lay it up but howars would dunk that easily everytime

1:02- Dont knoe why carter stood still and let wade go to the basket. Dont know if that was rtp but when wade dunked pietrus moved backwards after he was in the air. I seen that happen on the sort clips but i thought it was based on strength and weight. Wade and pietrus should be around the same

1:13- Dont see what the problem is with carters hop step. That is what players do irl to get to the basket. He made three defenders go up in the air so it made it look easier. If there was a toughness rating bosh's would be like a 50 cause he is soft irl and it showed on that dunk

1:37-Good block by howard. He is controlling the paint just like irl. It also looks like he adjusted to wades layup in the air. Would make you really think twice about going to the hoop with him there. It would have been nice if wade would have been able to adjust his layup which i think anybody would do going up against d12

1:43- On fastbreaks it seems like the d runs to a point on the court instead of trying to pick up a man

2:09- Like that big z goes to the post after passing the ball. in live 10 he would have stayed in the same spot. Then it was followed by a vintage james moment. Get the ball at the top of the key then drive to the hoop

2:33-Love the pick and roll d. Shows that it can be stopped with good d. Look how the user switches to big z and is waiting for the pass to dwight. It would have easly been stolen. Pietrus is not a dribbler so the only thing he could do was force up a shot with lebron in his face. Perfect example of you how to play the right way with your players. He would never run the pick and roll in real life. Carter or nelson would have been able to keep dribbling

2:37- how is everyone running stride to stride with each other including d12 with lbj. And if you pause it in the middle of the fast break everyone has the same motion. And how would a "chasedown" block be triggered.

2:56-Like the step back jumper by carter but it looks mored-wadeish to me

3:16-Glad to see that foul called. Stop you from reaching every second you are on d

3:41- I would think d12 help d had something to do with that shot not going in. If you look at carter he is moving side to side and his feet are moving but they are not shuffling like they should be to be moving that way

3:47- The heat d gets back every time and never gives orl a chance to run a fastbreak and it was as if orl was taking there time coming up court. Maybe the coaches option to get back is still in the game and on. I hope fatigue plays a part in that though cause you would get tired halling but back down court to play d every time and as the game goes on they would not get back as fast. Thats what good fastbreak teams do. They run you and run you

4:00- Ok animation with carter trying to dunk. It looks better then any other dunking animations from any other game including past games. But i would think a foul would be called but there are lots of no calls irl

4:16- Glad to see the offensive foul. This will stop players from driving to the hoop every possession with lbj

5:10-The reason the pick and roll might seem so easy is of what bosh is doing. He is taking his time follwing bass as bass roll to the basket. Once again good d could prevent that or if you are good enough with the stick you switch to bosh and follow yourself. That has always been the case in live though. Bosh recovored good to make the block Past yrs games the ball would have came out of bass hands like someone just barely got a hand on it. But it looks like the have those send it to the stands blocks now

5:35-For everyone that says vertical are to high look at millers dunk. He did one of those barely jumping basic dunks. With the verts being to high i think that has more to do with the animations of them jumping more so

6:11-Blue stuff (orl mascot) is definitly not blue. He is green. Why i dont know and i know its not a big deal but if its going to be in the game why not get it right. Its not like they have never seen the mascot before because it looks like him so why would they mess up his color
  • This video really showed the playing styles of each team. Orl played more like a team and was using pick and rolls which is exactly what they do. Mia was playing one-on-one the entire quarter. Which is exactly how i think they are going to play irl cause there is not enough balls to go around
  • Players looked more like they really do irl then they did in the other videos. You could really tell who was who. Maybe the video quality or the way it was recorded has something to do with that because in the elite24 videos players also resembled their real life counterparts more closely then they did in the past few videos
  • With the dunking i think thats based on the user. If its to many dunks its then that is because the user is choosing to do so. Better d would also stop the dunking. In any basketball game you can dunk as much as you want to if you can get to the hoop. Now weather or not its to easy to get to the basket is another thing. As for the heat dunking so much i think thats just the heat. No matter what game you play it will be the number one team used this year. Both games will have them supped up. And even in lve 10 all people did online with lebron was drive to the hoop and dunk. I remember playing one person who scored like 60 with him just from driving to the hoop but i still beat him cause my magic was raining threes and i was beasting him down low with dwight just like irl
  • Every game online where you compete against someone else has lots of exploits. Thats just the nature of video games. I can go online and find at least 10 different exploits on fifa or any other sports games. You have some people that will win at all cost. They either search the internet all day or are video game nerds that have nothing better to do then they go show videos of it on youtube. I hate cheesers but just think how good it feels when you beat them and most of the time i do cause playing how you are suppose to play with your team in any sports game usually beats out the stupid things. And in a way there is a certain challenge in stopping people that cheese to me. It makes me a better player really imo

# 122 Playmakers @ 09/05/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Best video so far
Best one i've seen so far aswell

Two player experience should be above avg vs a SIM style player. Single player experience is going to look terrible because of the basic/generic CPU style of play. It's gonna get old and boring real quick for those more into single gameplay mode.

That is where the other game won me over last year....i was still seeing new stuff up until April when i stopped playing it. In Live 10 i saw and heard just about everything in the 1st 2 weeks of gameplay. Might be the 1st year ever i didn't have passion to edit players or create sliders. I just played it until the boredom factor set it........

Although listening to some beats while playing it was pretty cool last year.

# 123 Playmakers @ 09/05/10 04:42 PM
Game needs to be slowed down EA out of the box please......

Also i hope you guys really do something about those damn verticals as you stated. Fix it with a DNA update or patch just reduce them down and set the speed slower and it'll make things look more natural.

I just don't understand why this is always a year to year problem...guys jumping like kangeroos all over the floor.

Sliding is back big time i can see hopefully a slower speed setting might resolve some the issue. That view of the game has always been my preference I think it's the press box view or close to it.

LBJ really needs a identity man what's up with that EA.....how can the king not have an identity on the floor. Overall much better looking video than those others jokes I saw in the past few days. I'm not gonna cough up $60 on release date that's for sure.....it'll be a rental 1st and then i'll try to scoop it up for cheap because i know there will be tons of trade ins after a month LOL!

# 124 wwharton @ 09/05/10 04:42 PM
Any more posts directed at one another rather than the thread topic will result in an infraction.

# 125 stillfeelme @ 09/05/10 04:42 PM
The players are just doing things too fast at times. They accelerate too fast from start to top speed just too fast. Some times it is just to move over a couple feet to defend. The wierd thing is it doesn't happen all the time. The players also jump too fast in the air it looks so unnatural and it gives the players a robotic feel and too high. You can really see it when players are going for rebounds and on some dunks. I know EA has to see this as they are developing the game. Some of the small things go a long way in making this game look and play better.

# 126 bateman11 @ 09/05/10 04:48 PM
Jump shooting looks bad. The ball gets to the rim wayyyyy to fast after the player releases it. Looks so unnatural

# 127 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Any more posts directed at one another rather than the thread topic will result in an infraction.
Glad to see this. Some thought i was the problem before but obviously im not.

But when i looked at the stats i saw something that i liked. the heat was 5/7 for 77% from the field. Orl was 5/13 for 38% from the field. Thats exactly what orl does. They a ton of shots and are not a very high percentage shooting team but they constantly win

# 128 ataman5 @ 09/05/10 05:14 PM
Thx for the videos, i like what i'm seeing here.

# 129 BlackCloudDoggy @ 09/05/10 05:22 PM
I like what I'm seeing. Like some have mentioned they just need to tone down the verticals in the game.

It's mainly on block attempts and take offs for dunks when the players are just getting up to high. It's weird because on dunks closer to the rim the vertical looks fine.

If they could just devote a team for next year to sig stuff, in addition to what they already are doing this game should become really good.

# 130 i c u cant stop me @ 09/05/10 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Things that stuck out to me:
:15-nice post move. Would have been a vintage dwight moment if he would have dunked, finger rolled, or did a hook shot. He will never take a jump shot from even that far away. Although he did try jumpshots a couple times this past season and he is working on that. If thats any indication of how the heat big men are irl then they are in a world of trouble cause dwight will kill them and so will boston big man. that also looks like how dwight shoots he just dosent jump that high. yea i know sig animations are not to hot with elite this yr

:22-nice off-ball movements the entire posssesion by the heat

:30-Bosh stands at the 3pt line. Could have been caused by the user casue when bosh caught the tipped ball he ran out to the 3pt line

:44-Vintage orl pick and roll. The heat switch on the pick and that leaves wade on howard. That will be an easy basekt everytime. Dont know if user tried to lay it up but howars would dunk that easily everytime

1:02- Dont knoe why carter stood still and let wade go to the basket. Dont know if that was rtp but when wade dunked pietrus moved backwards after he was in the air. I seen that happen on the sort clips but i thought it was based on strength and weight. Wade and pietrus should be around the same

1:13- Dont see what the problem is with carters hop step. That is what players do irl to get to the basket. He made three defenders go up in the air so it made it look easier. If there was a toughness rating bosh's would be like a 50 cause he is soft irl and it showed on that dunk

1:37-Good block by howard. He is controlling the paint just like irl. It also looks like he adjusted to wades layup in the air. Would make you really think twice about going to the hoop with him there. It would have been nice if wade would have been able to adjust his layup which i think anybody would do going up against d12

1:43- On fastbreaks it seems like the d runs to a point on the court instead of trying to pick up a man

2:09- Like that big z goes to the post after passing the ball. in live 10 he would have stayed in the same spot. Then it was followed by a vintage james moment. Get the ball at the top of the key then drive to the hoop

2:33-Love the pick and roll d. Shows that it can be stopped with good d. Look how the user switches to big z and is waiting for the pass to dwight. It would have easly been stolen. Pietrus is not a dribbler so the only thing he could do was force up a shot with lebron in his face. Perfect example of you how to play the right way with your players. He would never run the pick and roll in real life. Carter or nelson would have been able to keep dribbling

2:37- how is everyone running stride to stride with each other including d12 with lbj. And if you pause it in the middle of the fast break everyone has the same motion. And how would a "chasedown" block be triggered.

2:56-Like the step back jumper by carter but it looks mored-wadeish to me

3:16-Glad to see that foul called. Stop you from reaching every second you are on d

3:41- I would think d12 help d had something to do with that shot not going in. If you look at carter he is moving side to side and his feet are moving but they are not shuffling like they should be to be moving that way

3:47- The heat d gets back every time and never gives orl a chance to run a fastbreak and it was as if orl was taking there time coming up court. Maybe the coaches option to get back is still in the game and on. I hope fatigue plays a part in that though cause you would get tired halling but back down court to play d every time and as the game goes on they would not get back as fast. Thats what good fastbreak teams do. They run you and run you

4:00- Ok animation with carter trying to dunk. It looks better then any other dunking animations from any other game including past games. But i would think a foul would be called but there are lots of no calls irl

4:16- Glad to see the offensive foul. This will stop players from driving to the hoop every possession with lbj

5:10-The reason the pick and roll might seem so easy is of what bosh is doing. He is taking his time follwing bass as bass roll to the basket. Once again good d could prevent that or if you are good enough with the stick you switch to bosh and follow yourself. That has always been the case in live though. Bosh recovored good to make the block Past yrs games the ball would have came out of bass hands like someone just barely got a hand on it. But it looks like the have those send it to the stands blocks now

5:35-For everyone that says vertical are to high look at millers dunk. He did one of those barely jumping basic dunks. With the verts being to high i think that has more to do with the animations of them jumping more so

6:11-Blue stuff (orl mascot) is definitly not blue. He is green. Why i dont know and i know its not a big deal but if its going to be in the game why not get it right. Its not like they have never seen the mascot before because it looks like him so why would they mess up his color
  • This video really showed the playing styles of each team. Orl played more like a team and was using pick and rolls which is exactly what they do. Mia was playing one-on-one the entire quarter. Which is exactly how i think they are going to play irl cause there is not enough balls to go around
  • Players looked more like they really do irl then they did in the other videos. You could really tell who was who. Maybe the video quality or the way it was recorded has something to do with that because in the elite24 videos players also resembled their real life counterparts more closely then they did in the past few videos
  • With the dunking i think thats based on the user. If its to many dunks its then that is because the user is choosing to do so. Better d would also stop the dunking. In any basketball game you can dunk as much as you want to if you can get to the hoop. Now weather or not its to easy to get to the basket is another thing. As for the heat dunking so much i think thats just the heat. No matter what game you play it will be the number one team used this year. Both games will have them supped up. And even in lve 10 all people did online with lebron was drive to the hoop and dunk. I remember playing one person who scored like 60 with him just from driving to the hoop but i still beat him cause my magic was raining threes and i was beasting him down low with dwight just like irl
  • Every game online where you compete against someone else has lots of exploits. Thats just the nature of video games. I can go online and find at least 10 different exploits on fifa or any other sports games. You have some people that will win at all cost. They either search the internet all day or are video game nerds that have nothing better to do then they go show videos of it on youtube. I hate cheesers but just think how good it feels when you beat them and most of the time i do cause playing how you are suppose to play with your team in any sports game usually beats out the stupid things. And in a way there is a certain challenge in stopping people that cheese to me. It makes me a better player really imo
IF iam not mistaken i THINK he was blue for the playoff games but like i said i THINK so iam not to sure...

# 131 ataman5 @ 09/05/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
17 pages of comments sum up most things so all I will say is how can EA look at Live 10 and honestly say they have improved it?
play the demo and tell yourself for unbiased opinion, pls.

# 132 i c u cant stop me @ 09/05/10 05:36 PM
he is only blue for the playoffs. and yes look at the way the seating is behind the basket and look at elite that is our old arena...

# 133 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Wow in the first few seconds of the video i see Dwight do a turn around jumper right near the basket, like when have you ever seen him do that??? WTF like i keep sayin where is the realisim. Iv'e seen that little turn around jumper while close to the basket way to many time in these videos.
It was user controlled! I can do the same thing with the other game dude...either that or the other game would "auto-dunk" for me...c'mon...

# 134 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
People really do forget that this year's game is USER CONTROLLED lol. Learn the controls and do what u wanna do
Yeah...there are a ton of comments like "Lebron would never do that"...well, then when you play as the Heat, you can decide what Lebron does or doesn't do...

# 135 bruhman @ 09/05/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
It was user controlled! I can do the same thing with the other game dude...either that or the other game would "auto-dunk" for me...c'mon...
you have to hold turbo to dunk in the other game there is no auto dunk. But I hope Dwights not knocking down short jumpers like timmy though

# 136 ataman5 @ 09/05/10 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Yeah...there are a ton of comments like "Lebron would never do that"...well, then when you play as the Heat, you can decide what Lebron does or doesn't do...
Same with Howard, too. That's the beauty.

# 137 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhman
you have to hold turbo to dunk in the other game there is no auto dunk. But I hope Dwights not knocking down short jumpers like timmy though
Auto dunk is not in elite either

# 138 ataman5 @ 09/05/10 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhman

If i'm not mistaken hopefully not, there is no turbo button for this, all stick movement, all user controlled and skill based.

# 139 jfsolo @ 09/05/10 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
17 pages of comments sum up most things so all I will say is how can EA look at Live 10 and honestly say they have improved it?
They seemed to have decided on a very narrow and specific focus for this year. Total control for the User in all aspects of gameplay. That was, in all seriousness, probably a Herculean task for them, and having seemingly accomplished that goal, they feel good about their work this past year.

We will see if this decision pays off for them in terms of sales and critical acclaim.

# 140 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmactic
I just saw some hot BBall action!!! I can't believe all the negative talk about this game. Be glad you have options. What if that new 2k server crashes on you. Who do I trust EA the big boys with big money to make it right.
What if you get hit by a bus? Would EA make that right too?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.