Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog, which details Live Tuning Pack 4.

Quote:
"This update contains a small change for In Season Progression as the last tuner pack didn't have the impact we expected for everyone. Basically some Dynasties were not seeing the amount of progression we would of liked, this should be resolved with LTP4.

What is In Season Progression?

- During the season some of your players on your team will get small gains to some of their ratings
- Will show in Edit Roster Screen in the form of +1 (or another number) next to a player rating
- Will NOT affect every player, only some will Progress
- On average only a few players per team will see a +1 in Overall (OVR) gain over the course of a full season
- Will work when Siming, you do not need to play every game for it to occur
- Will change other attributes per position other than OVR, for example Awareness (AWR) is a rating that normally sees a jump"

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kobe882 @ 09/18/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
+5? No thanks. I think the current implementation is a bit weak, but they don't need to go overboard either. Hopefully there is a good balance found sometime before NCAA 12 is released.

I also believe that AWR and skill ratings should be the only things progressing during a season.
so you dont think that irl certain players will progress greatly over the course of a season? i'm not saying the whole team, but surely there are surprise players on each team every year.

# 42 youALREADYknow @ 09/18/10 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe882
so you dont think that irl certain players will progress greatly over the course of a season? i'm not saying the whole team, but surely there are surprise players on each team every year.
A surprise player in my opinion means someone who has performed better than their "rating". They should reward great season performance with higher offseason training progression.

You could raise a player's AWR by 6-7 points and still only increase OVR by 2. The athletic ratings play a large role in the OVR rating and those should never change during a season IMO. You don't see anyone getting faster, quicker, or stronger during a football season.

# 43 Anaxamander @ 09/18/10 01:10 PM
This is weird. I thought the tuning sets were primarily to handle gameplay issues, but so far they've been dynasty-related. Not what I was expecting at all.

Please just give the CPU the ability to run out of the shotgun. I'm holding spread running teams like Oregon to 20-50 rushing yards. Pro style teams run just fine, though. That's the only thing on my wishlist.

# 44 silkysmooth @ 09/18/10 09:42 PM
The psychic CPU defense on option plays is lazy and terrible. What's the point of a zone read play if every CPU defender knows where the ball is. Might as well just call designed run plays to a particular guy. Kills the fun factor of the game by a lot when silly little things get ignored. I personally don't care if my guys get smarter as the season goes on. I'd much rather have actual gameplay improvement.

# 45 youALREADYknow @ 09/18/10 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDP3656backagain
I disagree completely. They need to do something about the 96 speed, 74 agility, 65 acceleration problems. Perhaps getting a 6 to 8 point progression in both of these areas would help. Until they fix this, dynasty is unplayable
LOL. Name me a player in NCAA history who has gotten 10% faster during a season. Players train in the offseason and that's where the athleticism progression belongs. They play and get banged up during a season.

This is ridiculous. The comment that dynasty is unplayable because of WR ratings is also ridiculous.

I hate the problems in this game just as much as the next man, but you're off the deep end with your comments.

# 46 youALREADYknow @ 09/19/10 12:11 AM
Quote:
Why cant they make a 55 overall player with 93 speed 90 agility and 88 acceleration, or something of the sort.
Because such a player would need a 40 in every skill rating to become a 55 OVR and therefore wouldn't be a legitimate football player.

Fact of the matter is that the most athletic prospects in high school are 3/4/5 star prospects. The ones who can actually play football on top of being athletes are automatically 4/5 star prospects.

EA hasn't taken the speed out of the game. They removed the previously absurd 95 SPD, 95 ACC, 95 AGI prospect with low skill ratings which every single 1/2 star team picked up to dominate the Alabama's, Florida's, etc. in dynasties.

I've used low to mid prestige programs and haven't had any problem finding speed. I don't get the best prospects in the world but these teams don't in real life either.

This is a case where you want to be given everything on a silver platter.

# 47 sluggbugg @ 09/19/10 01:13 AM
Quote:
"EA has a knack of doing stupid s**t to "make up" for something else. They KNOW that people will take advantage of the speed, but isnt that what they do IN REAL LIFE???? Speed kills. Why should EA take it out of our hands to try and balance things out. Its unrealistic as hell. Thus, making online dynasty unplayable."--

^You just made my point!
Yeah cause Troy beats Alabama by loading up with all those speed guys just roaming around out there in real life. Thats how real life works. lol The top tier guys go to the top tier programs. Thats the way the real world works. If you want to find a diamond in NCAA 2011 as a bottom feeder, you better be willing to dig through the rough. It doesn't come easy like in years past and thats the way it should be. It was too easy in the past and we got used to it. Thats the problem. Those speed guys were everywhere in the past. Very unrealistic.

# 48 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/19/10 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
They have messed wih some gameplay stuff on the first few tuners.

In my opinion, Dynasty Mode in NCAA 11 is the worst the series has ever seen. Im not sure if the tuners are going to be capable of repairing dynasty mode. I think it would take a patch. My posts above explain why im so sickened with dynasty mode. I just cant bring myself to play this game, even though I want too.

As far as gameplay, the defense played a lot better out of the box than it does now. They are messing with gameplay a little on these tuners.
Not only the defense. After this live tuning, the CPU plays a lot better on offense.. I notice option plays works now on CPU (with adjusted sliders), also PA plays works now for both HUM and CPU. In addition, when I play a better team, it's actually harder to beat them.

With my adjusted sliders and this live tuning, my games are challenging and fun.

# 49 PrettyT11 @ 09/19/10 10:17 AM
Quote:
-Top players shouldnt ALWAYS go to top teams. They should sign and be recruited by schools that need them. They way it is now, Alabama is getting a top QB almost every year and then they wind up with 10 or more QBs on their roster. All the QBs are decent and realistically should be starting or backup for a weaker team.

-Teams just DO NOT recruit realistically at all. Teams like Arizona will never be able to get 90s on their team ever again. They have 2 or 3 to start the game. But due to poor recruiting and stale progression they will never see another and be lucky to see an 80. They will never sign a 5 star player or 4 star.

-Recruiting isnt as spread out as it should be. Top players are always going to a handful of schools which makes things uneven across the board and unrealistic.

-Teams are still gradually getting worse overall through the years. How can you have fun playing a game where no team ever gets better??? And the teams always stay the same. Alabama will always be at the top, while teams like Arizona will never come up and have a suprise year bc their team will always be garbage due to progression and bad CPU recruiting logic. And logic of where recruits are signing.
But for the most part that is how it is in real life. The same top teams are the ones in the top 10 to 15 year in and year out. Yes you have a team that suprises and gets up to the top 10 but for the most part the same schools are always at the top. They are also the same teams you see at the top of the recruiting class rankings. It is a rare case when a 5 star players doesn't go to an upper class program and when that does happen it is almost always the local team that gets them are they had some issues that made them go elsewhere.

I know you used Arizona as an example but they are a bad example to use. The fact is Arizona doesn't land 5 star players. They have only signed 1 five star player in the last 9 years. They only average 4 four star players a year over that time. On the other side USC has had the top recruiting class in the Pac every year during this period but one.

As far as on the field goes again Arizona has been a mediocre team at best. They have only been to 2 bowl games in the past 10 years. They haven't finished a season ranked in the top 25 in over 10 years. So no we shouldn't see a team like Arizona jumping up into the top 15 or so. They just aren't that kind of team or program.

# 50 Michgantown @ 09/19/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
But for the most part that is how it is in real life. The same top teams are the ones in the top 10 to 15 year in and year out. Yes you have a team that suprises and gets up to the top 10 but for the most part the same schools are always at the top. They are also the same teams you see at the top of the recruiting class rankings. It is a rare case when a 5 star players doesn't go to an upper class program and when that does happen it is almost always the local team that gets them are they had some issues that made them go elsewhere.

I know you used Arizona as an example but they are a bad example to use. The fact is Arizona doesn't land 5 star players. They have only signed 1 five star player in the last 9 years. They only average 4 four star players a year over that time. On the other side USC has had the top recruiting class in the Pac every year during this period but one.

As far as on the field goes again Arizona has been a mediocre team at best. They have only been to 2 bowl games in the past 10 years. They haven't finished a season ranked in the top 25 in over 10 years. So no we shouldn't see a team like Arizona jumping up into the top 15 or so. They just aren't that kind of team or program.
No not really.

# 51 PrettyT11 @ 09/19/10 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
No not really.
I don't think you read it right. Like I said you will see the same looks of Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, and the other major top dogs in the top 15 year in and year out. Yes you will have a team from time to time peak and crack the list but it is far more realistic to have those teams I just listed be at the top every year in the game then have the likes of the Arizona's of the world jumping into the elite group time after time. The point is that just doesn't happen. Take Missouri for example. The are normally a middle of the pack Big 12 team. They peaked a couple of years ago and made some major noise. Right after that the fell right back to the middle of the conference where they belong.

# 52 PrettyT11 @ 09/20/10 01:14 AM
Quote:
You are somewhat right. But are you willing to tell me that teams like Alabama have 10+ QBs on their roster in real life. All players with potential to start at other schools.

And no, schools like Ohio State sign 1-2 JUCOs tops. And even those 1-2 are 4-5 star guys who could play. The would never sign a bunch of 2 star JUCOs like the game does.

Teams are still ending up with to many players at certain positions.

Teams just continue to get worse overall. Thats what kills me. Because this affects so many other things. Like the already terrible recruiting, program prestige, and recruiting pitches.

Add that onto bad progression, garbage players on these top teams you speak of, and the consitently broken conference scheduling and its just all too much to take.
No I left those parts you are talking about now out of the part of your post quoted cause I can't dispute or disagree with those parts of your post. I was just speaking on those couple of things I commented on.

I do agree that those guys do sign to many QB's or even JUCO players but I can look past that. I only play dynasties with teams from BCS conferences so I can look past what teams in the WAC and such look to a certain point.

Since the latest patch and tuner I haven't seen problems with progression and I even liked it before the boost they gave it so I don't have any problems with that.

# 53 LambertandHam @ 09/20/10 06:35 AM
Quote:
This is true to a certain extent. The major problem is this game is the CPU AI Recruiting. I wish they would release a tuner that overhauls this.

-Top tier teams get too many JUCOS and walk ons bc they refuse to sign 25 players. I see top schools signing like 10 players. Then they take walk on o-lineman for example. Those lineman stay on the teams. You have teams like Ohio State and Oklahoma with 40s and 50s on their rosters. Not too mention the high amount of low overall JUCOS they sign. JUCOS should be signing with weaker teams more often.

-Top players shouldnt ALWAYS go to top teams. They should sign and be recruited by schools that need them. They way it is now, Alabama is getting a top QB almost every year and then they wind up with 10 or more QBs on their roster. All the QBs are decent and realistically should be starting or backup for a weaker team.

-Teams just DO NOT recruit realistically at all. Teams like Arizona will never be able to get 90s on their team ever again. They have 2 or 3 to start the game. But due to poor recruiting and stale progression they will never see another and be lucky to see an 80. They will never sign a 5 star player or 4 star.

-Recruiting isnt as spread out as it should be. Top players are always going to a handful of schools which makes things uneven across the board and unrealistic.

-Teams are still gradually getting worse overall through the years. How can you have fun playing a game where no team ever gets better??? And the teams always stay the same. Alabama will always be at the top, while teams like Arizona will never come up and have a suprise year bc their team will always be garbage due to progression and bad CPU recruiting logic. And logic of where recruits are signing.
That's my only real beef with my dynasty(in year four) and recruiting right now. Granted I won't get the same recruits as a Bama or Ohio State, but after a Rose Bowl win one year, and a NC win in another, I do have some high recruits interested in me. These guys are instantly picked up by the Bama's of the world, many times in the first half of the season regardless of team needs or depth.

Thankfully a lot of the high 3 to low 4 star recruits are pretty good players, and human play calling evens somethings out.

# 54 Hunsy34 @ 09/20/10 02:06 PM
After this tuning pack I had my first players awr and overall go up SO I am pretty excited, grant it it was only 1 but when your florida atlantic every bit helps.

Has anyone noticed when the cpu punts you get a clipping call they always decline it? I played a game last night got a clipping call on a punt return and they actually accepted it I wonder if that was something they fixed in the tuner.

# 55 jello1717 @ 09/20/10 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
I don't get this. I hardly see any fumbles, yet everyone keeps talking about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
im with you on this one.
I see way too many. I think the problem is that the CPU goes aggressive on running (which of course increases the likelihood of fumbles) and there's no way for me to tell them to cut it out because it's just going to cause them to fumble too much. In '10 I usually hovered around 0 for turnover ratios. In '11 I'm usually in double digits for turnover ratio because of how often the CPU fumbles. Also, to try to counter that a little, I have my INT slider very low which results in an unrealistically low number of INTs for my defense, but this is necessary because a normal # of INTs combined with the excessive fumbles would lead to WAY too many CPU turnovers.

# 56 rudyjuly2 @ 09/20/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I see way too many. I think the problem is that the CPU goes aggressive on running (which of course increases the likelihood of fumbles) and there's no way for me to tell them to cut it out because it's just going to cause them to fumble too much.
What do you have cpu RBA set at? I have them at 60 and I think it's fine. That's the only slider that helps as it boosts their ball security.

# 57 Sundown2600 @ 09/20/10 07:31 PM
Quote:
God I want to play my NCAA so bad!! Especially that college football is in full swing. But I cant, this games dynasty mode is just so brutally bad.

-CPU recruiting
-Pass Defense
-Conference Scheduling
-Stale progression which leads to the same schools always being at the top.
-Weird attribute ratings. High speeds and low accels.

Those things are just so bad and in need of a major overhaul, especially recruiting and how progression works.

Its nice to see them releasing tuning packages often, but they need to fix the glaring issues with their tuner packages.
That's exactly why this game has been a 'Play Now' only disc ever since I bought it. I love the improved gameplay but this game is not worth 60 bucks only to play exhibition games.

What baffles me is that it seems weight and size has basically no bearing on what positions some of the players in the game are capable of playing. I'm almost certain that in the past (PS2 days) when the Ath/Position change options were made available later in the series a player's weight was always taken into consideration by the CPU logic when pos changes were made. A 215 pound safety would take an automatic overall penalty when his pos was changed to say an OL or DL.

# 58 bamabound2010 @ 09/20/10 07:55 PM
Also alittle thing i noticed do the jerseys get dirty anymore? i played until halftime it wasnt raining but auburns all white unis didnt get dirty whats the deal??

# 59 l3ulvl @ 09/20/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
That's exactly why this game has been a 'Play Now' only disc ever since I bought it. I love the improved gameplay but this game is not worth 60 bucks only to play exhibition games.

What baffles me is that it seems weight and size has basically no bearing on what positions some of the players in the game are capable of playing. I'm almost certain that in the past (PS2 days) when the Ath/Position change options were made available later in the series a player's weight was always taken into consideration by the CPU logic when pos changes were made. A 215 pound safety would take an automatic overall penalty when his pos was changed to say an OL or DL.
I remember heavily recruiting athletes on ps2 and having them wind up at positions that just didn't match up with their size. Like I'd have a freshman athlete 5'11 180 lbs starting at defensive end with a 91 rating. Or a 6'5 250 lb guy who ended up at SS.

My favorites were the 6'6 325 lb athletes that checked in as 99 OVR right away at fullback, since the position is so heavily tied in with blocking. I also remember you could search OTs for speed when recruiting them, and find a few guys you could change to fullback or tight end and just flat out dominate. Having those giant beasts at TE who could block and still have good hands with average speed was unstoppable.

# 60 kmaxhokie @ 09/20/10 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabound2010
Also alittle thing i noticed do the jerseys get dirty anymore? i played until halftime it wasnt raining but auburns all white unis didnt get dirty whats the deal??
I just played a game with Virginia Tech when it wasnt raining and there was definitely dirty uniforms still.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.