NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bodymore @ 09/21/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
To my knowledge the Blazers are cpu controlled and that doesn't answer my question.

Can you initiate plays with players other than the PG?

Are there plays in most every team's playbook which are initiated by someone other than the PG?

This run to a circle with your PG stuff doesn't make sense to me. That is not how the Grizz run their offense. This game is so well done anything that doesn't look or feel right sticks out like a sore thumb and the playcalling right now is irking me, hopefully I'm wrong.
Yes, you can initiate the offense with someone other than the PG. If you looked at Czar's videos the Heat had plays where Lebron and Wade both initiated the offense. I don't know if every team is like that, but it's probably a couple of people on a team that can do that.

# 42 jeebs9 @ 09/21/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self313
I saw it the same way, I chalked it up to LA's passing rating
That should not happen even if LA pass rating was zero. He is making the right play. And also Oden is not that far from him to make it seem like it was that hard of a pass.

# 43 lv2bll @ 09/21/10 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
That might be the case.

One pass thats bothering me. Was when LA gets double teammed. Oden (does what he suppose to) and fills the lane (cuts right to the basket). LA (does what he is suppose to) and makes the pass right on time. But the ball goes right through his hands even though Oden is wide open.
gotta remember we are talkin about greg oden, he's about as surehanded as kwame brown

# 44 Faizon @ 09/21/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
gotta remember we are talkin about greg oden, he's about as surehanded as kwame brown
Do not agree with that statement at all.

# 45 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 02:27 PM
Man - they should just take out those player indicators at the bottom ... and let the plays start with they get the ball. Aren't they taking out the indicators this year? I can live with the play initiating from the PG tho -- hopefully they catch it and make some quick changes .. I can't imagine it would be that hard to do .. something like .. just auto initiate the play.

Only problem tho is that these plays actually do start with the "PG" .. so how do you start it w/o getting the ball to the PG? Gay should be able to initiate if he's at the PG position tho ..(technicality) Actually, I say take out the blue circle and if you can set up in about 5 secs .. break the play and call a new one .. but that doesn't really work either .. you'd keep setting up broken plays w repeated/crazy looking animations .. hmm - I'm confused .

Man - keep it as is for now and make the blue initiator circle a lot bigger .. like let it cover a good portion of the half court .. take out the indicators. Let the point guards do their jobs .. we'll be ok for now. There you go. Problem solved.

And that morphing is always going to be there .. keep it under 5% and I'm golden.
I always say this .. basketball games have to be the hardest games to make.
Hope y'all followed my logic.

# 46 Eman5805 @ 09/21/10 02:27 PM
Seriously. Oden has soft hands. And Kwame's hands weren't hard, they were too small.

Ain't y'all heard the Stephen A. Smith rant yet?

# 47 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/21/10 02:29 PM
much much much much much better court spacing and sensible movement in the half court by your teammates.

AI controlled defenders dont have super recovery time when the D breaks down, or they get caught on a screen.

Looks like we'll be able to break down the D for kick out J's finally.

I really havent paid too much attention to the videos, and havent played the demo. 2k doesnt have to really 'sell' me since I pretty much know what to expect quality wise...its just a matter of refining year to year.

I see a lot of what was good in Live 10 sprinkled into the game, along with the good that 2k anually gives us.

Good things all the way around, from what I see.

# 48 jeebs9 @ 09/21/10 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizon
Do not agree with that statement at all.

Exactly that is the right basketball play. Its not like Oden is very far away or he is in traffic or someone is covering him. He makes the cut. And literally standing underneath the rim...WIDE Open. Hands rating or pass rate should have nothing to do with that situation.

I also could understand if Oden bobbled the ball. And then went for the dunk. But ball went through his arm alway to the other side of the court. Thats wrong. Thats rewarding stupid basketball.

# 49 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 02:32 PM
Sometimes you gotta use a little imagination if the morph is minimal (5%) and not completely blatant (passed ball goes through his chest) .. little finger clip 5% or less of the time? ... hmm - Code probably read that as a pass that that was not meant to be intercepted .. hope it doesn't happen again this gm.

# 50 jerseyballer7 @ 09/21/10 02:33 PM
Nice vid, I liked the alley pass dunk very good look. Though I don't mind the coming off the bus with suit on intro, I hope maybe next year 2k can put in player intro's. I could only imagine how that would be if they added this year with the Bulls.

# 51 Adzs K2 @ 09/21/10 02:33 PM
That alley oop was so realistic man i watched the replay over and over the movement roy makes to throw that oop looks so natural and not as 'jerky' as 2k10.....also the defence on the possession beginning 2:47 is a thing of beauty man woooow can't wait for the 8th of october man (UK release date....and by UK i mean United Kingdom not Kentucky )

# 52 lv2bll @ 09/21/10 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Seriously. Oden has soft hands. And Kwame's hands weren't hard, they were too small.

Ain't y'all heard the Stephen A. Smith rant yet?
it is true, i was joking about greg oden, although he's not as surehanded as andrew bynum or roy hibbert he has decent hands. But brown has itty bitty hands for an nba player

would you agree then if i said odens bones are as brittle as an 85yr old woman then? /sarcasm

# 53 bodymore @ 09/21/10 02:34 PM
Quote:
That's cool with me as long as you don't have to pass to the PG first and most every team should have plays like that.
I think the plays are assigned to players. I don't think you have to move the person to the pg spot. In the video Roy was the sg and he was runnin the plays. Even tho the CPU was controlling the blazers, they are probably running the plays in their playbook. I doubt it's just a certain set of plays only the CPU can run.

# 54 Adzs K2 @ 09/21/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
5:08 - Goaltending hasn't been improved.

In that situation either the user should have control to pull back Rudy Gay's hands or they should be automatically pulled back 95% of the time. That should not end up as a goaltending call. I find that extremely annoying whether the ball was going to go in or not. 2k has good ball rim physics, but the goaltending system has been broken for years.
I actually thought the goaltending call was one of the best parts of this clip watch the way gay tries to pull out of touching the ball/net its nice man.....also its a legit goaltending call....

# 55 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 02:36 PM
2k randomize colors on suits if you're getting this .. esp if its not too late to throw in a quick 4 or 5 additional suit models .. shirt no tie, shirt and tie type deals.. with random colors .. sooner or later though -- you'll have to implement a dress coordination rating ... lol.
Dwade .. 35/100 just playing.

# 56 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/21/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8stuntin03
Up and unders go in way too much.Its everyone favorite and only post move. I hope its tuned down in the retail version. Thats my only gripe with the game as far as right now
I feel you on that. When I'm in the post I hardly ever use the up and under move because it goes in all the time and you don't really control it. I rather do back to the basket moves b/c I feel like I can control what I'm doing. It isn't just the up and under that bothers me though. Ever since 2k9, when you are near the basket and you press X or move the shot stick, the player will flick up a shot that goes in 95% of the time. It takes no skill at all. Me and my friends call it the X joint..lol. I do not use that move at all when I play..lol.

# 57 Adzs K2 @ 09/21/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
I hope so. That's how Live 10 was and I assumed they were copying that style over.

My problem is that it happens too frequently. It happens basically every time someone jumps and the ball is rolling around the rim. That is not realistic and the auto-pull back of the hands means nothing if most of the time the player commits the goaltend anyways.

I don't know how you could consider it one of the best parts of the vid. That animation has been in 2k games at least since 2k9.
Never seen a player pull-out or attempt to pull out like that to be honest.....i agree in 2k10 it was annoyingly frequent, but also it came down to timing, so after a while you realised when to go for the rebound and when to wait a split second....

# 58 8and9 @ 09/21/10 02:43 PM
Looks good.

# 59 KyotoCarl @ 09/21/10 02:44 PM
That really looked awesome!

The CPU plays really good offense which is refreshing to see and I've never heard better commentary at the start of a game!

# 60 jeebs9 @ 09/21/10 02:45 PM
Quote:
I don't have a problem with the ball going through Oden's hands there as long as it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes guys don't catch passes like that, especially bigs. I agree a bobble at times would be good also, but the hands rating should play a factor.
Hands rating should play a factor when it comes to in traffic and when the ball is on floor. There should be a bobble more likely (80-85%) in that situation (where a guy is wide open with low hands rating). You would be rewarding the defense for a bad double team/rotation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.