Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The Madden NFL 11 patch is available now for PS3 users.

Will update this post when the 360 patch is available.

UPDATE: The patch is now available for 360 users.

Please post your impressions here.

NFL Football is in full swing, and so is the latest title update for Madden NFL 11. Many of the features and fixes associated with this patch came directly from you, our loyal Madden NFL community. For this update, the team focused primarily on improving gameplay, online, and general game stability & improvements. Read on to find out more about what to expect when the download completes.

Content Updates:
  • Tuned play action blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned kick return blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned injuries to occur in more realistic percentages.
  • Tuned GameFlow play calling logic, including lesser chances of same / similar plays being called concurrently.
  • Tuned general defensive effectiveness, including locomotion improvements for defenders and miscellaneous pass coverage improvements
  • Fixed QB spy 'nano-blitz' exploit.
  • Fixed an issue in online team play that allowed defensive captains to force offensive captains in to a no-huddle situation
  • Fixed crash bug that was introduced that could occur for some PS3 gamers that were using "My Skill" setting.
  • Fixed bug that didn't allow gamers to invite friends to ranked games. Now this is 100% allowed.
  • Added new alternate uniforms for Colts and Patriots.
  • Corrected a feedback issue related to stat tracking when a player quit during the first half of an online game
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Moments LIVE related to stat tracking for those who used the "Play Again" option after completing the game.
  • Added multiple stability fixes across a variety of game modes.
We hope the updates you see above released with title update 3 will give you everything you need to keep Madden NFL 11 in your disc tray for weeks and months to come. See you on the gridiron!

Source - Madden NFL 11 Blog

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 roll2tide @ 09/25/10 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
Some more thoughts on this patch.

There are still the same issues with the CB's in pass coverage when they are making up ground to get under or in front of a WR to defend a pass. They still just flat out stop short under AI control. You must gain control of the DB once you see the ball in the air on deep routes and corner routes or it is almost always an aoutomatic reception and big gain for the AI or human.

The Kick meter online is insane. What was a lag problem is now a bug with this patch because it is literally impossible to miss a kick.

On Kick returns the the strafe (or in and out) return exploit is even more prevalent in human games. Playing against the CPU I will not let myself exploit that because what is the fun in that?

Offline - Again the game to me at east is great. A ton of fun. With sliders and gameplanning I am having a ton of fun. i had 2 great games last night in my chise. Games that went right down to the wire and CPU ended up with both wins! They are calling an even better game now with the game plans.

Online - This game is almost unplayable in sim leagues. A Major letdown and I am still deciding if I want to invest the time into a sim league. The game is just way too loose, defense is still almost non existent. You can hit slants, flats and crosses at will. You would have to hold back to make the game realistic and that is a pain in the *** and causes a lot of frustration and arguments. Plus you will always get guys who will call the same 4-5 plays because they want to win at all costs.

The Online experience IMO is a joke.
This. Between the lack of defense and the ease of the passing game the game was bad online before. Now these things are the same or worse and kick meter is now set to Wii. I used to not care about the exclusive license but now I am really starting to see how it has allowed apathy and ineptness to become the norm at EA. How some of these things make it through beta is beyond me and the fact that they only make it worse via patches is just baffling.

Seriously....if any dev ever reads this.....I would LOVE to know who in the hades saw this kick meter and thought, "man, this is gonna be great!" Please reassign them to the janitorial department.

# 162 The Gravy Train @ 09/25/10 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
Some more thoughts on this patch.

There are still the same issues with the CB's in pass coverage when they are making up ground to get under or in front of a WR to defend a pass. They still just flat out stop short under AI control. You must gain control of the DB once you see the ball in the air on deep routes and corner routes or it is almost always an aoutomatic reception and big gain for the AI or human.

I typically don't have much trouble stopping the pass. But I do agree that you have to control the defensive back manually in order to defend deep passes against good receivers. The trick really is to begin a strafe with the LT and jump for the ball to either pick it or bat the ball down.

The Kick meter online is insane. What was a lag problem is now a bug with this patch because it is literally impossible to miss a kick.

Agreed. Pre patch I wanted the kick meter patched just a little only because I found myself missing a few too many PATs. I wish the system worked where the meter began to speed up based on how far the field goal is, and how high the kicker's Kick Power and Kick Accuracy are rated.

On Kick returns the the strafe (or in and out) return exploit is even more prevalent in human games. Playing against the CPU I will not let myself exploit that because what is the fun in that?

I agree again. The return game wasn't really that hard before the patch. You could get to about the 20 yard line most of the time, and I saw plenty of TD's. Now its almost guaranteed that you are going to get to the 30 yard line. It really just takes away that extra first down in a drive.

Offline - Again the game to me at east is great. A ton of fun. With sliders and gameplanning I am having a ton of fun. i had 2 great games last night in my chise. Games that went right down to the wire and CPU ended up with both wins! They are calling an even better game now with the game plans.

Can't really comment on this yet, seeing as that I have yet to play the game offline after the release of the patch.

Online - This game is almost unplayable in sim leagues. A Major letdown and I am still deciding if I want to invest the time into a sim league. The game is just way too loose, defense is still almost non existent. You can hit slants, flats and crosses at will. You would have to hold back to make the game realistic and that is a pain in the *** and causes a lot of frustration and arguments. Plus you will always get guys who will call the same 4-5 plays because they want to win at all costs.

This is where we differ a little. I play in an sim Online Franchise and it was fun to play in pre-patch as well as post-patch. I seem to cover slants pretty well with man coverage, especially if you have guys to press. You could also bring a defensive end into a zone if you think a slant is coming. And if you play in a league where guys run the same 5 plays just to win, is it really a sim league?
The Online experience IMO is a joke.
read the bold, people.

# 163 bxgoods @ 09/25/10 10:33 AM
Ian said the kick meter thing was a mistake and was only in for testing purposes, he said it would be fixed on the next server update.

# 164 sputney23 @ 09/25/10 10:53 AM
Still no change for the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes?

# 165 guaps @ 09/25/10 11:03 AM
My first impression from practice mode were generally positive, but my second impression from exhibition mode aren't too great as I tried to play the game on All-Pro difficulty, Slow speed, Conventional play calling.

After 2:17 minutes I'm up 21-0. I returned the opening kickoff for a 91 yard TD. Kicked it back and intercepted the pass on 2nd down for a return TD. Kicked off again and forced a three and out with one sack. Had a huge punt return (27 yards, which got cut short by a clipping penalty). Ran the ball up the middle for 16 yards and threw a 33 yard TD on the following play. After two 'drives' the CPU had -5 total yards on offense, so I decided to stop playing as I still find the game unplayable without custom sliders.

# 166 roadman @ 09/25/10 11:33 AM
The game after I played after the patch was a real good defensive battle.

I played on nearly ALL Pro, except I kicked up Pass Reaction Time to 60 on both ends and dropped fumbles to 25.

The score was 10-7 Packers over the Bears.

Loved every minute of it.

# 167 z4ckdabeast @ 09/25/10 12:52 PM
Just played an online game with the new patch. I only noticed two different things:
  • Kick meter is slow as molasses
  • Kickoffs rarely go into the end zone now

# 168 packers718 @ 09/25/10 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I played on nearly ALL Pro, except I kicked up Pass Reaction Time to 60 on both ends and dropped fumbles to 25.

agreed right after the patch plays a game packers VS bears won 17-10 great game and felt... realistic to me stats wise and just the atmosphere and how exciting it was. Games are tougher but beatable if you keep doing what your doing

# 169 Nunyerbiz @ 09/25/10 03:20 PM
impressions from my last two games:

in game injuries seem more common, no difference in long term injuries.

broken tackles seem slightly boosted for both human and CPU.

# 170 ForeverYoung @ 09/25/10 03:37 PM
The CPU still misses easy FG attempts and shanks every punt.

# 171 youALREADYknow @ 09/25/10 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung
The CPU still misses easy FG attempts and shanks every punt.
In every Tiburon football game for 3+ years now.

Regression testing anyone?

# 172 StankonYa @ 09/25/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
someone left a message to Ian on twitter bout the kicking meter and he responded...how about someone leave him a message about the cut scenes/pre-game comparisons that were supposed to be unlocked and about the dirty uniforms/scarred up helmets/field degradation. With those things fixed, i will be completely 100% happy.
If this is true and he can get this done, I think over half of us would be happy campers. I know i sure as he][ will

# 173 Artman22 @ 09/25/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Hey, does this make it unrealistic? in the sense that the corners will play too agressive?

# 174 roadman @ 09/25/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Hey, does this make it unrealistic? in the sense that the corners will play too agressive?
Not that I noticed. It was a small sample size, but I noticed Woodson trailing Hester on a slant over the middle, which I feel is realistic.

# 175 showmedabounce @ 09/25/10 10:37 PM
Played 2 games on all-pro, 5 min quarters, default everything.

The biggest improvement to me seems in the gameflow playcalling. As a Giants fan, it used to irk me that they would consistently come out in shotgun empty backfield on first down. I didn't see this once with the new patch. Also, they call playactions less. On defense, gone are the 8 man blitzes (I think I saw 1 in 2 games), and there is more man coverage and cover 1s and 2s. I noticed they call a lot of man defense with a double team on the best WR, which is good.

As far as pass coverage, zone D is played better by AI players, LBs bat down more passes, and its easier to get to the QB. Pass defense is overall better, and this has a lot to do with the better defensive playcalling logic as well.

Playaction blocking was still shaky, but I haven't seen enough playactions to fully judge.

Kickoffs are more realistic; they are shorter. Return blocking as also been improved. Makes starting field position on kickoffs more realistic.

Broken tackles are toned down. Saw maybe 2 a game although one of them went for a TD with Hakeem Nicks, although thats not too unrealistic.

# 176 i3man @ 09/26/10 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
This. Between the lack of defense and the ease of the passing game the game was bad online before. Now these things are the same or worse and kick meter is now set to Wii. I used to not care about the exclusive license but now I am really starting to see how it has allowed apathy and ineptness to become the norm at EA. How some of these things make it through beta is beyond me and the fact that they only make it worse via patches is just baffling.

Seriously....if any dev ever reads this.....I would LOVE to know who in the hades saw this kick meter and thought, "man, this is gonna be great!" Please reassign them to the janitorial department.
It's possible the design team and beta testers are just average Madden players at best. If they weren't they'd be scoring 70 points a game in development and beta testing and surely would have created better defense.

There are 3 different modes of difficulty in the game. It's beyond me how they cannot make a level of difficulty suitable for everyone. The current levels are way too close in difficulty.

# 177 Boling4Humor @ 09/26/10 12:38 AM
I'm not sure if this was improved with the patch but I am very proud to say I was playing a game against the Chiefs and I had not one but TWO pass interference calls called against them. I was so happy I didn't care that I lost to them, it was the highlight of my game. so if it is because of the patch (because this never happened before), thank you ian.

# 178 steelernation28 @ 09/26/10 02:03 AM
Turning fight for the fumble off, makes it nearly impossible to recover the ball in a scrum, this was not fixed. I guess no one at EA plays with fight for the fumble turned off!

# 179 steelernation28 @ 09/26/10 03:56 AM
Does anyone know if this is the last of the patches? These patches came a lot quicker than '10's did, and I'm wondering if they halved these fixes to indroduce them sooner? I was shocked to see the 1.03 update in September.

# 180 lisinas @ 09/26/10 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Turning fight for the fumble off, makes it nearly impossible to recover the ball in a scrum, this was not fixed. I guess no one at EA plays with fight for the fumble turned off!
What are you talking about ? Im playing with fight for fumble off and i have recovered more fumbles than lost.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.