Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

I asked EA PR about the cancellation of NBA Elite 11, here is the official word, from PR.

Quote:
"Yes, we set ambitious quality goals for NBA ELITE, but the game is not ready."

Looks like previous reports were correct.

According to Kotaku...

Quote:
"Future development of that franchise will be handled at EA Tiburon in Orlando," EA COO John Schappert added, confirming previous reports that the Madden NFL studio would pick up where previous NBA Elite developer EA Canda left off."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gotmadskillzson @ 11/02/10 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
hope reanimator made it down there, he could memorize our concerns liker the back of his hand lol.

Would hate to see him go.
He is staying at EA Canada, he was already assigned to a different project.

# 22 RaychelSnr @ 11/02/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Mark basketball down as another "1-game" sport.

I miss the days of 3 and 4 developers competing for each sport.
Unfortunately, the cost of developing quality games makes this type of attrition a fact of life.

# 23 coolcras7 @ 11/03/10 12:06 AM
So what happens to the so called 3 year plan now, not sure Live or Elite 12 will be much competition next year going to a new studio who may want to go in a different direction.

# 24 Indiedog @ 11/03/10 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
Two words: Doug Littman.
I believe it's Dave Littman. It would be bd to have a bunch of people mad at whoever Doug Littman is.

# 25 SeventhWard @ 11/03/10 12:26 AM
Not to be overly pessimistic but - with the downward trend in quality for the Madden series - will NBA Elite going to Tiburon be spreading their talents thin?

-SeventhWard

# 26 bigball12 @ 11/03/10 01:35 AM
Now I can be even more excited! I am one of the only people in the world that will ever have this game!

# 27 bigball12 @ 11/03/10 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
He'd be doing an even happier dance if he hadn't opened it and played it...
It was already opened!

# 28 SolidSnake07 @ 11/03/10 02:47 AM
EA should just bring back the NBA Street series instead.

# 29 RedmanR @ 11/03/10 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
This has to be the biggest fail in the history of sports gaming...

I remember the hype machine this game had
Yes it is... a very big... FAIL

And to think... they tried to sell us this business about some 3 year plan. I still can't believe they really felt confident enough to actually release a demo.

# 30 Dazraz @ 11/03/10 04:04 AM
I don't expect Elite to be the name of EA's next basketball instalment. Hopefully EA will continue with the NBA series if nothing more than to keep 2K on their toes.

# 31 P-Dub @ 11/03/10 06:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it will still be called Elite.

# 32 Mintsa @ 11/03/10 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
I'm pretty sure it will still be called Elite.
I hope not......I'm a "Live" player and have been since 95. I never liked the name change to Elite and I really hope they change it back, especially after what happened this season.

# 33 olumite @ 11/03/10 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
EA should just bring back the NBA Street series instead.
I'd quickly snap up a copy of nba street vol 2, with updated rosters. Imagine Miami on that game!!

Do it EA!!

# 34 HiTEqMETHOD @ 11/03/10 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
This might be a good thing. Now they have a FULL two years to make a solid basketball game. Which means, they can actually start from scratch and get rid of all that old code that haunted the game for the past 15 years.
I doubt they'll change hardly anything relating to code or address the engine. EA has had a terrible track record in regards to overhauling any aspect of their games. Look what happened with Madden, Ian Cummings asks for a new engine and gets shot down.

Live remained largely unchanged for the better part of the last ten years, I highly doubt just because they have a two year development cycle they're going to take advantage of it. Sure we may get a solid game from EA when ELITE finally arrives but it'll be nothing close to their other franchises or the top sports games like the Show or NBA 2k.

# 35 Pared @ 11/03/10 10:18 AM
What you guys also need to consider is the guys from Tiburon NOW have to spend a large amount of time figuring out how everything runs and what they can or can't do.

This isn't going to be easy and I wouldn't expect marginal improvements at this point any time soon.

They also haven't shown they understand signature player nuances and style as of yet. Probably the biggest disappointment for me.

# 36 rspencer86 @ 11/03/10 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if there are contractual implications between EA and the NBA that would take effect due to them not releasing a game in 2010? Penalties, breach of contract, etc.?

# 37 jeebs9 @ 11/03/10 12:22 PM
Oh well

# 38 DaReapa @ 11/03/10 12:38 PM
Quote:

Yeah, but in all fairness, basketball this year became a "1-game" sport the legit way - by beating out the competition through quality efforts. Not by some trifling license exclusivity deal.

# 39 80tiesBaBy @ 11/03/10 12:43 PM
Quote:

so true it seems like they are scared to compete,MADDEN. LET others get a shot your games are the same er year.

# 40 80tiesBaBy @ 11/03/10 12:47 PM
just hope 2k dont start getting lazy now that they have the crown,well they been had the crown seince dreamcast in my book. stay on ya toes 2k..........

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.