Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

From the sounds of it, there are quite a few copies in the wild, so we should be seeing quite a few videos, in the coming days.

Thanks to GTplanet.

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NINJAK2 @ 11/08/10 03:41 PM
Thanks for posting. That looks good but sleep inducing imo. Only 6 cars on the track?

# 2 Rules @ 11/08/10 05:23 PM
That video is so bad it makes me want to cancel my amazon order. For a minute I was almost certain I was looking at one of the first racing games "Pole Position" but then I realized it couldn't be as that game looked better than this.

# 3 Behindshadows @ 11/08/10 06:00 PM
You guys are harsh!!! Pole Position, come on?

I agree the graphics don't live up to the hype, as I stated before when I said those screenshots and cutscenes were misleading now you see what I meant. Overall it doesn't look that bad, it's just not much better or even better than Forza.

Game modes will have to be it's strong point, and until we can see what that is, no one can really judge it as a whole.

Thanks for sharing Steve....

# 4 bcruise @ 11/08/10 06:04 PM
LMAO....I can't even begin to judge the graphics based on that video. At least wait for the HD feeds, guys.

# 5 Blzer @ 11/08/10 06:06 PM
One thing I never liked about the GT games is how the camera is always directly behind the car, as if it's actually mounted on the back of it. Compare this to other games, where if you drift or get some hard turning into it the camera is a bit more "dynamic" and won't necessarily always follow right behind the car, or it will at least have a bit of a delay. The static look in the GT games always got to me.

No matter, I will probably be using the cockpit cam anyway.

# 6 Rules @ 11/08/10 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
One thing I never liked about the GT games is how the camera is always directly behind the car, as if it's actually mounted on the back of it. Compare this to other games, where if you drift or get some hard turning into it the camera is a bit more "dynamic" and won't necessarily always follow right behind the car, or it will at least have a bit of a delay. The static look in the GT games always got to me.

No matter, I will probably be using the cockpit cam anyway.
I will be using the cockpit cam for the cars that have it. I remember reading something a few years ago about not all of the cars having this view. Not sure if that has changed but I will need the cockpit view for one reason and one reason only..................to keep from falling asleep.

The camera view displayed in that video makes the speed seem very slow almost to the point where you could get out of the car and run faster than that.

# 7 NELL86 @ 11/08/10 10:38 PM
hands down greatest racing franchise ever im sure the graphics will hold up when we see on our hd sets

# 8 Dazraz @ 11/09/10 03:04 AM
Too hard to judge from the video. It certainly looks pretty average but I'm sure that as with most games these days they it look alot better when actually on your own TV. What we need to know is what game modes included & what cars/tracks will be available out of the box.

# 9 thaSLAB @ 11/09/10 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
LMAO....I can't even begin to judge the graphics based on that video. At least wait for the HD feeds, guys.
This.

Definitely can't judge from that video. Also, keep in mind that the driver is just starting off, so he IS driving a lower end vehicle. From what I've played in-person of the kiosk demo, it IS the best looking racer you will see.

http://www.twitvid.com/8TG1J

# 10 Behindshadows @ 11/09/10 10:27 AM
Come on Slab your doing the same stuff Sony does, showing those enhanced replays. Trying shooting the gameplay footage and it's not even half as detailed as the replays.

I think this gameplay footage from the original video, shows just how simple the graphics are when they aren't in replay mode.

People will definitely see the truth soon enough, when the game comes out.

I'm getting it regardless because I'm a race game hog, but so far it's far from impressive or worth the wait, they've delayed the game too death.

# 11 Blzer @ 11/09/10 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I will be using the cockpit cam for the cars that have it. I remember reading something a few years ago about not all of the cars having this view. Not sure if that has changed but I will need the cockpit view for one reason and one reason only..................to keep from falling asleep.
I think all cars have the view, but not all of them have a specialized cockpit. What I mean is some of them just have some "generic" one or something. I don't think they'll take away the view for some cars, that would just be messed up.

# 12 fantasysportsguy @ 11/09/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NELL86
hands down greatest racing franchise ever im sure the graphics will hold up when we see on our hd sets
For its longevity maybe, but Forza has passed it up as far as simulations go.

I don't know, I might cancel my pre-order, that just looks, I don't know, generic? I put probably 100 hours into GT4, I just don't see myself doing that with this game.

# 13 thaSLAB @ 11/09/10 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Come on Slab your doing the same stuff Sony does, showing those enhanced replays. Trying shooting the gameplay footage and it's not even half as detailed as the replays.

I think this gameplay footage from the original video, shows just how simple the graphics are when they aren't in replay mode.

People will definitely see the truth soon enough, when the game comes out.

I'm getting it regardless because I'm a race game hog, but so far it's far from impressive or worth the wait, they've delayed the game too death.
Well it was kind of hard to drive and record at the same time, thats why I was flying around the track at the beginning. Anyway, I think I still have the footage from the actual gameplay. The video was actually to prove that I actually played it in person tho. There is a lot of misinformation about the game too, but I can only say let's revisit this thread once the game is out. Whenever that is, lol.

# 14 Flawless @ 11/10/10 03:04 AM

# 15 Behindshadows @ 11/10/10 10:24 AM
Rain video looks great! Thanks for sharing Flawless...F1 2010 still wins in the rain effect department. But the lighting and stuff in GT5 looks really freak'n good in that video.

# 16 Keirik @ 11/10/10 01:27 PM
lol, that original video makes me think it was impossible this game was worked on for the 28 years it's been in development for. Hopefully that was just a bad vid.

# 17 Blzer @ 11/10/10 05:07 PM
Wasn't that the track from the Japanese demo?

# 18 ODogg @ 11/10/10 05:14 PM
The problem with the camera angle is that you get the feeling that instead of your car moving down the track that your car is stationed in one position and everything is moving around you. I'll probably be unable to resist this one but the video does look rather lackluster.

# 19 Keirik @ 11/10/10 05:24 PM
also, at least from that camera setting, you really dont feel speed very much at all, which is the heart of every good racing game to be honest.

# 20 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/10/10 11:28 PM
Why cockpit view is the view of choice, and you do get a sense of speed in it.

Outside is pretty realistic if you base it on movies. When you see cameras in movies following a car from those same angles, the speed feels lost compared to inside it.

But anyways. Cockpit view is the way to go since PGR on the 360 and should be used in sim-racers anyhow. But that is my opinion.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.