Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

If you can't view the embed, click here.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RumbleCard @ 12/12/10 09:20 PM
Sounds good. I really like the changes their making.

# 2 DavonBrown @ 12/12/10 11:16 PM
Nice!

10char

# 3 1WEiRDguy @ 12/13/10 11:08 AM
i liked some of the video, but why does EA continue to just rename stuff that was in previous games. One-punch knockouts=flash K.O....i wish they just talked to the community like people who actually buy the games instead of talking to us like we are parents who just get any game their kid wants...i dont wanna hear any "back of the box" feature...give it to me straight up...

The jury is still out, but i am optimistic that this will be a step above FN4

# 4 wyrm187 @ 12/13/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
i liked some of the video, but why does EA continue to just rename stuff that was in previous games. One-punch knockouts=flash K.O....i wish they just talked to the community like people who actually buy the games instead of talking to us like we are parents who just get any game their kid wants...i dont wanna hear any "back of the box" feature...give it to me straight up...

The jury is still out, but i am optimistic that this will be a step above FN4

Edit - I see what you are saying about previous versions - I would rather have the best gameplay possible rather than the best graphics and it seems like this company makes poor choices about their developement in many of their sports titles - compared to some of the elite games, ie nba 2k/ mlb the show

# 5 Money99 @ 12/13/10 12:50 PM
LOL! I love Brizzo's T-shirt! Classic!
"RUN PBF" Hahahaha!

# 6 Dazraz @ 12/13/10 02:55 PM
One punch KO is fine as long as it is not over done. It's nice to go to the judges scorecard sometimes but if EA have made the one punch KO too easy to execute fights won't go past 5 rounds.

# 7 DaveDQ @ 12/13/10 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
LOL! I love Brizzo's T-shirt! Classic!
"RUN PBF" Hahahaha!
Yeah..lol..I was laughing.

# 8 Vast @ 12/13/10 07:36 PM
Man. The footwork at the end of that clip is absolutely horrendous. :

# 9 80tiesBaBy @ 12/14/10 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i dunno it may just be me but i dont really see a difference. Maybe the character models are slightly better looking but it still looks like the same thing we've always gotten. Like someone else said, one-punch knockouts is just another way of saying flash KOs. And i'm sure it will be overdone because very rarely are there one punch knockouts in a real fight where the ref doesnt even bother counting like the guy says in the video. The ref will almost always give you a count unless its obviously brutal. Maybe they should have more ref stoppages if a guy is taking too much damage because they never seem to get that right in the past.

A boxing game needs to feel smooth. You need to be able to move around the ring and be able to distance yourself from your opponent so you can hit and move without having to worry about being hit. You need to be able to throw different types of punches fluidly. If they can get that right it will be good but i'm concerned about flash kos being overdone and i dont like how bloody the game looks. Way too much damage.
rite on i couldnt have said it any better. also presentation looks the same to . im not hatin but im not that impressed.im waiting 4 someone to just nail it like 2ksports did with nba 2k.

# 10 DaveDQ @ 12/14/10 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Man. The footwork at the end of that clip is absolutely horrendous. :
It really is. In fact, it shows they kept that sluggish stun state in the game. Manny is moving back really slow and then picks up some at the end. The stun state reminds me of a game that is 2D. That's what it comes across like...very lateral.

# 11 SHAKYR @ 12/14/10 09:24 AM
A flash knockdown and a one punch KO are 2 totally different things. People (can't be a hardcore boxing fan) always confuse a knockdown with a knockout. It puzzles me why.

# 12 albsur2003 @ 12/14/10 11:12 AM
I simply don't understand why the footwork is always so slow with these FN games. I feel like it's been a major problem since Round 2 when the footwork was a lot faster. The problem is that EA is claiming they are making all these changes and that every fight is different, but with the slow footwork, the fights are pretty much all the same. Slow methodical slugfests on the inside. I DON'T WANT THAT! It gets old. There is NO variety right now in fights. The only variety is whether you're coming forward slowly or the CPU is. I should be able to move laterally, punch from angles, and actually have it make a difference. I'd like to be able to move out of the way fast if a guy is coming at me close to the ropes. Sure I would expect that to drain my stamina over a while but that's to be expected. I hope they tune this footwork speed or something or this sh!t is gonna feel REAL arcadey. With the lack of boxers, it would be pointless FOR ME to buy it.

# 13 DaveDQ @ 12/14/10 11:35 AM
I'm thinking it's the challenge of getting the framerate to run smoothly. Constant sudden jumps would tend to slow things down some. It's too much to process and deliver.

But seeing that sluggish footwork, and it being Manny, really is a downer for me and just brings me back to how it hurt FN4 in a big way.

# 14 Kanobi @ 12/14/10 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by albsur2003
I simply don't understand why the footwork is always so slow with these FN games. I feel like it's been a major problem since Round 2 when the footwork was a lot faster. The problem is that EA is claiming they are making all these changes and that every fight is different, but with the slow footwork, the fights are pretty much all the same. Slow methodical slugfests on the inside. I DON'T WANT THAT! It gets old. There is NO variety right now in fights. The only variety is whether you're coming forward slowly or the CPU is. I should be able to move laterally, punch from angles, and actually have it make a difference. I'd like to be able to move out of the way fast if a guy is coming at me close to the ropes. Sure I would expect that to drain my stamina over a while but that's to be expected. I hope they tune this footwork speed or something or this sh!t is gonna feel REAL arcadey. With the lack of boxers, it would be pointless FOR ME to buy it.
It's for this reason and a few others mentioned that I'll be passing on FNC. I'm just not seeing anything at all worth a purchase. Hell it might not even get gameflied. Whenever they completely revamp movement/footwork and this starts looking like boxing and not rock em sock em robots disguised as licensed boxers - I'll buy it.

# 15 wyrm187 @ 12/14/10 01:43 PM
damn it - still cant see it, at work- any chance someone can post the vid on here??? thanks

# 16 DaveDQ @ 12/14/10 04:35 PM

# 17 wyrm187 @ 12/15/10 08:38 AM
thank you so much Dave!

# 18 albsur2003 @ 12/15/10 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
It's for this reason and a few others mentioned that I'll be passing on FNC. I'm just not seeing anything at all worth a purchase. Hell it might not even get gameflied. Whenever they completely revamp movement/footwork and this starts looking like boxing and not rock em sock em robots disguised as licensed boxers - I'll buy it.
Yeah, it's just so frustrating because it they just found a way to make the footwork faster so you're not looking like you're walking in mud, this would make a world of difference. EA has been working on some dumb crap for their 2011. Madden 2011 was basically a fail because while Gameflow is ok, nobody really cared, they should have worked on franchise. Elite 2011 didn't have time. Now fight night champion they're basically tweaking gameplay and throwing in this story driven champion stuff which sounds cool but not if the gameplay suffers the SAME problems as the past two iterations basically. Unacceptable.

# 19 Vast @ 12/15/10 07:10 PM
The more i see this game in action the more i hate it. Look at the footwork from 0:54 to 0:57 seconds. Gross.

I really really really really really really really hope that there is a footwork speed slider in this game.

# 20 sheredia @ 12/16/10 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Yeah..lol..I was laughing.
loved it too.....I WANT THAT SHIRT!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.