Home
Madden 12 News Post

In Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4, Ian Cummings and Donny Moore take a look at the football gaming industry as a whole with special guest, Pasta Padre.

If you have problems, try this link. The audio does seem to drop in and out on occasion.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 moylan1234 @ 12/23/10 04:16 PM
it won't play for me

# 2 Ian_Cummings @ 12/23/10 04:24 PM
Wow, best podcast in the history of the world!

Happy Holidays everyone!

# 3 bigfnjoe96 @ 12/23/10 04:26 PM
Happy Holiday's Ian. Hopefully you'll be able to change your avatar once 11 drops

# 4 at23steelers @ 12/23/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Wow, best podcast in the history of the world!

Happy Holidays everyone!
The offline and online percentages were definitely interesting. I would say it depends on how much time I have and the mood I am. But I would say I play offline 60% of the time and online 40% of the time. So, maybe I am in the minority!

# 5 Ian_Cummings @ 12/23/10 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
The offline and online percentages were definitely interesting. I would say it depends on how much time I have and the mood I am. But I would say I play offline 60% of the time and online 40% of the time. So, maybe I am in the minority!
Definitely the minority...it was crazy how many people were exclusive offline or online gamers.

# 6 at23steelers @ 12/23/10 05:14 PM
Quote:
Definitely the minority...it was crazy how many people were exclusive offline or online gamers.
I usually do a few 1 year franchises because I don't like the off season. Then, I just play the next team on the Steelers schedule twice, once before and once after. I did 1 year in online franchise mode, and I play about 3-4 online games a week! So, when you say exclusively offline and online, what are the main ones: is it play now and head-to-head? Or maybe its MUT.

Great podcast. I am a big fan of pastapadre, and good interview. Definitely interview him again like he said when some features come out. I really hope presentation and announcing is improved a lot by the time 2014 version comes out. Game play is always biased on if it's good or not, but IMO, either presentation is good or bad. I really hope Gus and Chris announce together in the booth and the whole thing feels like there is more immersion.

# 7 Ian_Cummings @ 12/23/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I usually do a few 1 year franchises because I don't like the off season. Then, I just play the next team on the Steelers schedule twice, once before and once after. I did 1 year in online franchise mode, and I play about 3-4 online games a week! So, when you say exclusively offline and online, what are the main ones: is it play now and head-to-head? Or maybe its MUT.
No, it's mainly online ranked games or offline franchise games, and most people play either one or the other - rarely do they play an even mix of both. Those make up the majority of all games played in Madden NFL 11.

# 8 Keenan G. @ 12/23/10 05:43 PM
I just play only offline franchise. I am hoping that M12 will be deeper and more immersive.

# 9 Timmy458 @ 12/23/10 05:49 PM
Listening to the podcast I can say this is probably the best one so far. Now I know they talked about features and stuff so I would like to give my 2 cents about 2 things that I would like to see done to Madden that would make me buy it again:

1. New and better animations (ex. different play-action animations for Quarterbacks, and tackling)

2. Better offline franchise, now I know this has been brought up a lot but this is a really important factor if I will buy Madden.

But I really appreciate Ian, Donny and the group for doing these podcast.

# 10 ryan36 @ 12/23/10 05:56 PM
It's a PastaPodcast! Haha just cranked it up...

# 11 dkp23 @ 12/23/10 05:58 PM
I wish they would talk about why EA servers are so bad. Why playing online franchise has so much lag vs online quick match. I can assume why taking into account thefranchise aspect, but the lag is so bad. Connecting to EA servers and the stability of the connections seems to be consistently bad....

I hope the ycontinue to listen to the community as they say they have, but not sure at any point did the community ask for the strat pad, rewind, gameplan, etc etc...The most i've seen people talk about is the mechanics, the AI, and the presentation, but it seems to continue to be overlooked with only small adjustments every year...Instead every year, we get a new gimmick that brings nothing to the table...the last feature that was great was the hit stick and now its pretty much useless...

# 12 at23steelers @ 12/23/10 06:19 PM
Quote:
No, it's mainly online ranked games or offline franchise games, and most people play either one or the other - rarely do they play an even mix of both. Those make up the majority of all games played in Madden NFL 11.
Also, you might have to factor in the franchise mode basically untouched on M11, so maybe some of those online ranked players will play franchise mode now. Instead of them being exclusively online or offline, maybe it more has to do with what the game has to offer them.

# 13 ABR173rd @ 12/23/10 06:22 PM
Quote:

I am an offline franchise guy. I rarely play online due to time...As stated in the podcast I do believe it has a lot to do with age and time constraints.I would also like to say great job on the support for the game this year in terms of patches and community interaction I have been a long time fan and Madden almost lost me this year, but I do believe this game is starting to head in the right direction and you guys are getting a better grasp on what your core group of Madden players are looking for.

# 14 jbrew2411 @ 12/23/10 07:07 PM
Ian, great stuff man. I have to say I am in the offline franchise only group. I'm 30, have a family, and a career so I have limited time when I play. I don't like playing human vs human games and never have. Since I have always played franchise mode that is what appeals to me. I would think age would be a factor on what mode you play and how. I'm high school history teacher and I hear students talking all the time about getting in a few games when they get home with other students. That is how they enjoy the games they play. I don't see any enjoyment in that.

# 15 aussiepats89 @ 12/23/10 08:26 PM
I haven't heard this one yet but I've enjoyed the podcasts so far, I think they are still very limited in terms of content (thank you EA Marketing) but they will be so much more fun when you guys can start revealing stuff.

Madden 10 & 11 have definitely been the best ps3 versions I've played & am looking forward to seeing what happens in the next few year, have big hopes for franchise in 12 since that's all I really play in all the EA titles (FIFA, NHL etc), the main reasons I avoid online for Madden are because the service down here in Australia can be shoddy at times & also I just enjoy franchise more.

# 16 PVarck31 @ 12/23/10 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Hmm...I wonder why Ian asked Pasta about his expectations for Madden 14 ? Not Madden 13, or 15, but Madden 14 ? Is there anything special happening that year ?
Curious why he would ask about Madden 14 in general. I haven't got to listen yet so I don't know the context.

# 17 illwill10 @ 12/23/10 08:46 PM
I like the overall direction of Madden. By Madden 13, the game should be at a elite level because of multi-year features.
My main concern is that the game is headed for mostly online features. I not an online guy at all. I mainly use online for updates. But I understand that online is a big thing in almost every game. You have to cater to the majority. Ex. major problem- bad online service vs. minor problem- "scrap SS mode". You have to fix major problems first. I am a big Be a pro guy but if there was a priority list SS mode should not be at the top of the list. But they should continue to improve offline modes. SS mode has gotten so boring that most people dont even think of playing it thats why it is one of the least played modes. Onlines is and will be a major priority, but offline should be improved every year even if it is small.

# 18 wallofhate @ 12/23/10 08:49 PM
Best podcast I've heard so far! It rubs me a little hearing the madden crew constantly mention the "damned if you do damned if you dont" stuff. I understand that the communities are horrible at times but most of it is just to getc a rise out of them. They true general gaming population are pretty level headed and know there is not such thing as a perfect games and understand how hard they work.
Podcast seemed productive and even though im not a big fan of pastapadre I felt hey held his own and had valid points. I have not doubt madden will be good next year as it was this year. The question is will it be great? Will it be a big jump forward?

# 19 morieeel @ 12/24/10 08:41 AM
I get the feeling that mentioning offline franchise in the Tiburon office is like yelling Voldemort @ Hogswart.

# 20 TDKing @ 12/24/10 10:20 AM
I didn't listen to the podcast and don't want to, but I do have one question. Are we going to have a real online franchise mode in 12 ? You know a finsished product. Salary cap, trade logic etc...

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.