Home
Madden 12 News Post

What do you guys think of the idea of us releasing our first official Madden NFL 12 developer podcast at halftime? It'd only be say 5-8 minutes long, but it'd be a video podcast, showing us talking about maybe one or two new features (along with maybe some mocks or ANT footage) - kind of a kick-off to the new year.

We did the standard blog for Madden 10, and then the Easter egg video for Madden 11 (which took a few weeks to actually spread around), but I'm trying to find something that will leave the community happy and not saying "meh, that was lame, wake me up in August".

Thoughts? Any other ideas?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jhogan3132 @ 01/29/11 12:14 PM
Great idea, please tell me it will have something to do with online franchise though

# 62 NoTiCe_O @ 01/29/11 02:22 PM
They need to put out something worth it because theres becoming less Madden fans every year, me being one of them. I didn't buy madden for the first time last year since i was like 10, and i'm 21 now.

I'm hoping this is the year when they pull it together with the gameplay and get it on point. From the lil things to the Big ones

# 63 menloe24 @ 01/29/11 10:34 PM
The big question is will Alex Flanagan change her clothes this year, or will she wear the same outfit she wore in Madden 10 and 11 on the "Extra Point" show. You'd think a professional woman in sports would buy a new dress and not wear the same clothes two years in a row.....

# 64 illwill10 @ 01/29/11 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menloe24
The big question is will Alex Flanagan change her clothes this year, or will she wear the same outfit she wore in Madden 10 and 11 on the "Extra Point" show. You'd think a professional woman in sports would buy a new dress and not wear the same clothes two years in a row.....
thats the way I will feel about Erin Andrews in RTG in NCAA 10+11

# 65 LDUBBS28 @ 01/29/11 10:53 PM
I believe you should give us a little bit of info about franchise. You guys owe us that much, especially since it wasn't talked about last year at all because you guys clearly said that it wasn't touched. Hook us up.

# 66 scores87 @ 01/29/11 11:23 PM
FIX THE FOOTBALL PHYSICS it so annoying that it bounces in a sucky way

BTW: 11 felt like an improvement over 10 but a small one we need 12 to feel like a BIG one.....

# 67 RazzBerry80 @ 01/30/11 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
They need to put out something worth it because theres becoming less Madden fans every year, me being one of them. I didn't buy madden for the first time last year since i was like 10, and i'm 21 now.

I'm hoping this is the year when they pull it together with the gameplay and get it on point. From the lil things to the Big ones
I am with you man, I did buy 11, but I am not going to buy madden next year, or ever again unless they make a game that gets the same kind of rep as NBA 2k11. If they can't up their standard they don't get my 60 bucks. So I will be paying very close attention, and if another Game Flow is trotted out for show, or another quicker and easier tag line, I am done right then and there.

# 68 rightallthetime @ 01/30/11 04:42 PM
if Ian and company wants to advoid the hate that will come after the podcast is released, no matter what new features Ian talks about. They Should just tell us now what they are going to talk about and go into detail in the pod cast. That way all the haters can get it out of their systems now and everyone esle can just enjoy the podcast.

# 69 RedZoneD25 @ 01/30/11 04:52 PM
Yeah, but it wouldn't be the same without the hateful tweet of the week. There's no reason to hate on the podcast when they're doing it to be nice. It isn't mandatory that we get to see anything from a new game until the release date. Whatever the team decides to discuss is fine, all the "meat" is going to be under wraps for the time being anyways.

# 70 roadman @ 01/30/11 07:45 PM
Eh, I want to hear about franchise improvements too, but, I want to hear about game play and presentation improvements.

Doesn't matter to me when I hear it, I just want to hear it.

# 71 roadman @ 01/30/11 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scores87
OUT OF PLACE
PLEASE READ
I didn't know where to post it but since people are getting tired of madden and complain that there is not enough changes in each game I came with the idea that they could have 2 development teams this would help for 2 reasons
1 they have a longer time to make the game
2 they will probalby compete between each other and who wins???? US the consumer
It's been brought up before.

The license needs to be dealt with before any of that happens.

Back on topic about the halftime podcast.

# 72 scitychamps87 @ 01/30/11 09:15 PM
footage! it's the only way we can see stuff and give feedback! We understand that this is an early build.

# 73 BlueNGold @ 01/31/11 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
footage! it's the only way we can see stuff and give feedback! We understand that this is an early build.
Trust me, there's going to be plenty that don't even if you put it in big bold letters.

# 74 turftickler @ 01/31/11 12:59 AM
Personally, for me it will be another year of fail from the Madden NFL series. I see this going way of NBA Elite. Many people will be disgusted, but many will want it just because it is a new edition in the franchise. I have bought my last Madden NFL game until they do what 2k Sports and NaturalMotion have done, revolutionize sports gaming.

I have seriously lost all hope for Madden NFL 12 after purchasing Madden NFL 11. I was highly disappointed after a few weeks. Truly sad, because I love football video games. Back to play something else now.

# 75 RedZoneD25 @ 01/31/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Trust me, there's going to be plenty that don't even if you put it in big bold letters.

QFT + hilarious sig.

# 76 Reejer @ 02/01/11 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 Proof
I think you should let some other guys be front and center in this video podcast. Maybe Josh Looman and Adem because I perceive these guys to naturally project a reassurance to hardcore NFL fans that Madden 12 is headed in the right direction.
I agree. Bring out some of the guys who are responsible for the different aspects of M-12' (perhaps one Dev. from each mode/feature), and let each developer toss a single bone to the customers (then nobody feels excluded). Ian, you can open the discussion with an overview of what direction you were shooting for in M-12', then pass the mic. to the next guy.

Ian, I just wanted to say thanks for staying involved with the community.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.