Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JayD @ 02/19/11 01:27 AM
batters get in their stance way to soon again, need more warm up swings instead of looking like a statue.

# 42 ShadioRack @ 02/19/11 01:40 AM
Noticed Crawford's tat on his neck. Are tars a feature this year?

# 43 mlp111 @ 02/19/11 01:53 AM
this looks amazing, wow, these developers should also look into making an nba basketball game, with these devs graphical and gameplay ability, an nba game would be insane, this game also shows why a nba game should be developed on the ps3 graphics wise....... but there is no other baseball game even close to this...

# 44 Visionsofmastery @ 02/19/11 02:02 AM
looks great can't wait

# 45 McCannFann @ 02/19/11 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
this looks amazing, wow, these developers should also look into making an nba basketball game, with these devs graphical and gameplay ability, an nba game would be insane, this game also shows why a nba game should be developed on the ps3 graphics wise....... but there is no other baseball game even close to this...
They did, for a while. Or, I should say, SCEA did. I dun't remember who developed it, but Sony had NBA: The Inside or something like that.

# 46 thaSLAB @ 02/19/11 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
They did make an NBA game, up until '09

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 47 Dazraz @ 02/19/11 04:00 AM
Thanks for the video.

This game looks absolutely amazing. Liking the new stat overlays. Hopefully the detailed stat breakdowns will be updated throughout your Franchise.

Still not convinced by the commentary. This is one of the few areas that doesn't seem to get the attention it needs.

# 48 green94 @ 02/19/11 08:24 AM
Like everyone else said.... lighting = wow.

Stadiums seem more alive too, but I can't really put my finger on it.

Ballgirls/boys will be the icing on the cake if/when they ever get added.

# 49 countryboy @ 02/19/11 08:52 AM
did we really expect anything less? Game looks truly amazing!

# 50 brewersfan84 @ 02/19/11 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think he just means...with all of us itchin' for the game...the thought of them poor little orphans...waiting for someone to adopt them....and love them....in that cold warehouse...is sad.

M.K.
Knight165

LMAO love it!! I would love to adopt one right now, my wife & I are totally ready!!!!

# 51 Kearnzo @ 02/19/11 09:22 AM
So close to seeing Adrian in action

This game looks unreal. Can't wait for more gameplay vids!

# 52 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/19/11 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCannFann
Wow, was I hearing the fans in the bleacher seats doing their "roll call" chants??? That's pretty awesome. If they've got that, then I know they've got to have our tomahawk chant.
This has been in it since at least '09 when I started playing the series.

Only thing I didnt "like" is the swing ad in left center field, unless Yankee Stadium added new ads, there isnt an ad in that slot IRL.

# 53 bodhiball @ 02/19/11 10:47 AM
wow, I am so incredibly in the minority I am afraid to even post and get ripped. Let me say first of all that I think MLB 10 is AMAZING. Still playing it, loving it, it has its issues but its the most realistic baseball game i've ever played.

With that said, AND knowing I am only seeing short clips of 11, I am trying hard to see all the incredible changes you guys are seeing. I totally see the changes to the shoulders and it does help the models look much better. I can see the shift in lighting, and once I see the dynamic cloud cover and weather in action I am SURE I will be completely sold. But when I look at the videos I see the same broadcast presentation, the same cuts, the same animations (mostly) the same commentary (and I agree that now Karros just sounds "added in"), and in general, even with the screenshots (sans sunset clouds) I'm not totally sure I could tell you which was 10 and which was 11 if I was really honest with myself and not closely examining it.

Its still amazing, I just have to admit that so far it looks like a good update to what was already a great game....and thats probably saying it all. How much more could they really do to something that was already so great?

I am happy to read Knight and Nemesis and the boys chime in since they were there and saw it first hand, so I am encouraged form what they say. And personally I have to admit that what I am dying for is brand new commentary that is dynamic and jointed and a much different much more realistic broadcast presentation since both of these things are what carry over for the most part from year to year and make it "feel" like the same game...with upgrade. So when I dont see this I probably feel less excited then most of you.

In closing, I'm finding myself less excited this year and nothing is really blowing me away from what I have seen. Yes, I am probably a jaded modern day consumer who has it all and is uneasily impressed anymore...and probably come March 8th and the first time I dont hear Rex and see the sun set at Fenway and see all the little things that I cant see from the clips, I will eat so much crow.

# 54 Yankees_CT @ 02/19/11 11:22 AM
Game looks amazing as usual and the lighting changes are most definitely noticeable. Animations are awesome and get better all of the time. That combined with the player model changes and I can not wait any longer!!!! To me this game was already the best and will continue to be. That being said, if all they focus on is franchise updates and COMMENTARY next year we will have the perfect baseball game. (yeah I said it, perfect!)

# 55 McCannFann @ 02/19/11 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
This has been in it since at least '09 when I started playing the series.

Only thing I didnt "like" is the swing ad in left center field, unless Yankee Stadium added new ads, there isnt an ad in that slot IRL.
Hmm... I never noticed the chant before. Guess I'll have to go back and listen for it.

# 56 Doormat @ 02/19/11 11:50 AM
@McCann It was kept "low volume" last year... but it's been there since 08 I believe

# 57 rodperezto @ 02/19/11 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
wow, I am so incredibly in the minority I am afraid to even post and get ripped. Let me say first of all that I think MLB 10 is AMAZING. Still playing it, loving it, it has its issues but its the most realistic baseball game i've ever played.

With that said, AND knowing I am only seeing short clips of 11, I am trying hard to see all the incredible changes you guys are seeing. I totally see the changes to the shoulders and it does help the models look much better. I can see the shift in lighting, and once I see the dynamic cloud cover and weather in action I am SURE I will be completely sold. But when I look at the videos I see the same broadcast presentation, the same cuts, the same animations (mostly) the same commentary (and I agree that now Karros just sounds "added in"), and in general, even with the screenshots (sans sunset clouds) I'm not totally sure I could tell you which was 10 and which was 11 if I was really honest with myself and not closely examining it.

Its still amazing, I just have to admit that so far it looks like a good update to what was already a great game....and thats probably saying it all. How much more could they really do to something that was already so great?

I am happy to read Knight and Nemesis and the boys chime in since they were there and saw it first hand, so I am encouraged form what they say. And personally I have to admit that what I am dying for is brand new commentary that is dynamic and jointed and a much different much more realistic broadcast presentation since both of these things are what carry over for the most part from year to year and make it "feel" like the same game...with upgrade. So when I dont see this I probably feel less excited then most of you.

In closing, I'm finding myself less excited this year and nothing is really blowing me away from what I have seen. Yes, I am probably a jaded modern day consumer who has it all and is uneasily impressed anymore...and probably come March 8th and the first time I dont hear Rex and see the sun set at Fenway and see all the little things that I cant see from the clips, I will eat so much crow.
This was a good comment. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that way.

# 58 nemesis04 @ 02/19/11 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball

You are entitled to your opinion and should never feel bad about it. Actually I can see your point in regards to viewing this clip. Basically the user was not using any of the new features so basically it would play just like 10 for the most part except for the visuals. I found it a little odd that Game trailers chose that route of using classic pitching and what looks to be CPU fielding, kind of uninspiring.

In regards to the commentary it may be a double edge sword for this year. While its nice to have fresh voice with Karros, he makes the others feel dated at times. It looks like the commentary is going to be a work in progress for a few years.

With all that said, when you actually plug in and use a lot of the new features the game definitely has a different feel!

# 59 755 @ 02/19/11 12:37 PM
Looks AMAZING. I will need to get used to Karros though. Right now it just doesn't seem like he is fitting into what I'm used to.

# 60 syhr_nyy @ 02/19/11 12:38 PM
this game will be released on march 8 right...?
i live in asia n confused about the release date..
is it march 8 too in asia..?
or is it march 9...?

help...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.