Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 wiser66 @ 02/26/11 09:09 AM
For people struggling with different strides and the timing: go through the entire demo only pulling back on the analog on every pitch trying to get your timing right with each player. After each "swing" hit L3 to check how your timing was - it will tell you exactly what you need to correct. This has helped me alot.

# 22 davewins @ 02/26/11 09:53 AM
So that's what the PCI is showing if you don't swing? That is about your timing of your stride?

# 23 wiser66 @ 02/26/11 10:12 AM
The PCI won't show up if you only pull back and you don't push forward. After pressing L3 it will only show how good your timing was with your stride. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here...I've been using this method and it's helped making the stride feel more natural, allowing me to focus more on the pitch.

# 24 Entiae @ 02/26/11 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
For the batters that have more involved strides I start them a little earlier then guys with the shorter quicker strides. To me the swing looks more complete with those guys being able to finish. Just my observation from playing.
I've been doing the same.
But are we supposed to do that? I didn't find the answer in this video, unfortunately.

# 25 wiser66 @ 02/26/11 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp3500
I've been doing the same.
But are we supposed to do that? I didn't find the answer in this video, unfortunately.
Read post #24

# 26 Entiae @ 02/26/11 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser66
Read post #24
But the thing is, what you are saying goes against the tutorial.
So if you are right (which you very well could be!), then the tutorial is not.

I'm confused.

e. Well, technically the tutorial would still be correct, except that it wouldn't apply to batters with longer strides.

# 27 Socalbias @ 02/26/11 11:38 AM
This is probably the most disappointing tutorial yet.

#1. Leaving out how to hit inside & outside pitches
#2. Not pointing out that some players have larger strides so the timing looks confusing.

Im starting to think that Russell's "learning curve" was more of a way to tell us that the hitting is not fail proof so far and everyone needs to figure it out for themselves.

# 28 deucepoppi17 @ 02/26/11 12:56 PM
I don't understand how this is so hard? You use the L stick to point the PCI and then swing with the right stick.

Yes, some guys have different strides. Big deal. U figure it out as u go through the lineup.

# 29 Whitesox @ 02/26/11 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
I don't understand how this is so hard? You use the L stick to point the PCI and then swing with the right stick.

Yes, some guys have different strides. Big deal. U figure it out as u go through the lineup.
Except you don't use the left stick, and it is unclear as to whether or not the optimal stride time is static.

# 30 JJT @ 02/26/11 01:11 PM
Quote:

I dont understand how this is so hard, that L stick has nothing to do with it.

# 31 LastActionHero @ 02/26/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Except you don't use the left stick, and it is unclear as to whether or not the optimal stride time is static.
Indeed. Moving the R stick upwards, up right or up left wether you get an inside or outside pitch (although not in the tutorial) is clear to me. But I'd like to know if the stride time is static or different per player as well.

# 32 deucepoppi17 @ 02/26/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
I dont understand how this is so hard, that L stick has nothing to do with it.
Try it out. I just held the L stick at the bottom for 4 innings and every single feeddback showed it at the bottom. Then I switched it to the top for another 4 innings and every single feedback showed the PCI at the top.

Its the same as MLB10 hitting, u just use the L stick to guide the PCI while u swing with the R stick instead of a button.

# 33 LastActionHero @ 02/26/11 02:50 PM
Quote:
Try it out. I just held the L stick at the bottom for 4 innings and every single feeddback showed it at the bottom. Then I switched it to the top for another 4 innings and every single feedback showed the PCI at the top.

Its the same as MLB10 hitting, u just use the L stick to guide the PCI while u swing with the R stick instead of a button.
Yeah I think the PCI is always movable with the L stick but it just doesn't have any impact when using analog hitting.

# 34 davewins @ 02/26/11 03:05 PM
You definetley have to time your stride differently for different players. This could be a problem if you are always switching teams but if you play a franchise no big deal cause you get used to all your players.

I just hit my first HR with Posey and I started my stride as soon as the pitcher took the ball out of his glove in the windup. It was a 398 ft home run to left field off a hanging slider.

# 35 Black59Razr @ 02/26/11 03:25 PM
Quote:

Funny, since the dev's have posted several times that the L stick is not used. You must be using Zone or Timing. This thread is about Pure Analog.

# 36 B-Man1985 @ 02/26/11 03:37 PM
The different strides in my opinion are what gives this game some individuality. It's about knowing the players on your team. I think this provides depth much needed depth. It would get redundant to just piush back and forth on the anolog sticks every time a pitcher throws!

I like how I have to know my players' strides and conduct my swings accordingly. Can't wait to embrace the challenge with my beloved Phils

# 37 speels @ 02/26/11 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man1985
The different strides in my opinion are what gives this game some individuality. It's about knowing the players on your team. I think this provides depth much needed depth. It would get redundant to just piush back and forth on the anolog sticks every time a pitcher throws!

I like how I have to know my players' strides and conduct my swings accordingly. Can't wait to embrace the challenge with my beloved Phils
Exactly, people ALWAYS complain about how they don't notice a difference in players, but SCEA has made the difference very noticable. Also, the commentator says "about" when talking about when to pull back, that means to me that htere will be a difference between players.

# 38 Heroesandvillains @ 02/26/11 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Exactly, people ALWAYS complain about how they don't notice a difference in players, but SCEA has made the difference very noticable. Also, the commentator says "about" when talking about when to pull back, that means to me that htere will be a difference between players.
Bingo.

Jeter's, during the breakdown, begins when the ball is in flight.

Hamilton, on the other hand, has to start earlier.

I don't get why some people are having a hard time understanding this.

# 39 Solid-Hock @ 02/26/11 06:03 PM
I really hope the stride timing is different per player. I welcome the added depth. You can always practice the stride pre pitch.

# 40 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Hock
I really hope the stride timing is different per player. I welcome the added depth. You can always practice the stride pre pitch.
It is fantastic that it is different for each player. It is true to life and gives every player their own unique feel. Something I see the majority on here seems to want.

So when I see some complain about it, it makes me scratch my head.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.