Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ripwalk @ 02/25/11 10:05 PM
No mention about aiming the stick to left, centre or right on the way up on the stick... what gives?

# 2 Socalbias @ 02/25/11 10:07 PM
During the video it said that when you swing you wait until the batter has planted his front foot to swing, but when u have perfect load-up timing, everyone else's strides are different???

# 3 Raskal @ 02/25/11 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
No mention about aiming the stick to left, centre or right on the way up on the stick... what gives?
I agree, this was a major omission.

# 4 Mabster @ 02/25/11 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
That's the part I was waiting for...

# 5 JJT @ 02/25/11 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyhard
Is there any chance to turn check swings off when using the analog swings or to make them a button press like bunts?

There the one thing that is messing me up when it comes to analog hitting.

Would love for this change. Or only way to check is to release the button.

Also if analog is timing only like in the video I would love it.

The left/right thing makes it wierd for me.

# 6 DickDalewood @ 02/25/11 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyhard
Is there any chance to turn check swings off when using the analog swings or to make them a button press like bunts?

There the one thing that is messing me up when it comes to analog hitting.
Messing you up how? All you do is stop your forward motion, or, if you're already swing, pull back again. During a normal swing though, where you're pulling back then pushing forward, I see no way that a check swing could be interfering.

As far as timing only... it IS timing only, the only adjustment you have to make is if the pitch is inside, then push forward and slightly in and if it's outside, push forward and slightly out.

# 7 Phillies2010 @ 02/25/11 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
That's the part I was waiting for...
I think thats what we are all waiting for..

# 8 JJT @ 02/25/11 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Messing you up how? All you do is stop your forward motion, or, if you're already swing, pull back again. During a normal swing though, where you're pulling back then pushing forward, I see no way that a check swing could be interfering.

As far as timing only... it IS timing only, the only adjustment you have to make is if the pitch is inside, then push forward and slightly in and if it's outside, push forward and slightly out.
For the second part, where is that stated in the video?

The first part happens to me when my brain sees the pitch coming low or I know I can crank the ball. My thumb follows the ball I guess and so I go to cream the ball but the player will check swing last minute. I guess because I didnt move the stick right to the top when my brain sees the ball coming bottom corner, I dunno.

# 9 DickDalewood @ 02/25/11 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
For the second part, where is that stated in the video?

The first part happens to me when my brain sees the pitch coming low or I know I can crank the ball. My thumb follows the ball I guess and so I go to cream the ball but the player will check swing last minute. I guess because I didnt move the stick right to the top when my brain sees the ball coming bottom corner, I dunno.
It's not explained, and I have no clue why as Russell has talked about it multiple times. It's an odd exclusion that's for sure. And just remember, pull back and push up, REGARDLESS of whether the pitch is high or low. It's always the same motion

# 10 JJT @ 02/25/11 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
It's not explained, and I have no clue why as Russell has talked about it multiple times. It's an odd exclusion that's for sure. And just remember, pull back and push up, REGARDLESS of whether the pitch is high or low. It's always the same motion

Well if thats the case the video should be pulled and redone.

And I know maybe in my anxiousness I press it down who knows, but the problem is check swinging when you dont want to haha

# 11 nemesis04 @ 02/25/11 11:05 PM
Oops, they left out some important information!

# 12 Whitesox @ 02/25/11 11:23 PM
That's quite a poor tutorial.

I guess I'll just have to figure some stuff out with the demo before deciding whether or not I will use it when the full game comes out.

# 13 Visionsofmastery @ 02/25/11 11:25 PM
nice quality in that video

# 14 gator3guy @ 02/26/11 12:27 AM
They say stride when the pitcher releases, but what about guys with big leg kicks like Buster Posey?

# 15 shaunpatrick @ 02/26/11 12:46 AM
I'm glad there's no aiming with the left stick. You should also be able to hit the ball wherever you want if you time every swing correctly.

# 16 sandmac @ 02/26/11 12:53 AM
Right about now the Analog concept is the bain of SCEA's existence...

# 17 ripwalk @ 02/26/11 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Right about now the Analog concept is the bain of SCEA's existence...
Well for me and I'm sure many others it has breathed some needed fresh life into the series, so I think your comment is a bit off base.

# 18 sbmnky @ 02/26/11 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Oops, they left out some important information!
Hitting inside or outside pitches, perhaps?

# 19 Entiae @ 02/26/11 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
They say stride when the pitcher releases, but what about guys with big leg kicks like Buster Posey?
That's what I'm wondering about too.

So we should start the stride just before the pitcher releases the ball, but we shouldn't swing until the batter plants his foot? That only works if the batter has a short stride.

# 20 nemesis04 @ 02/26/11 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy90
yeah i would think for guys who have big leg kicks you would needa pull the stick back before release...any advice Russ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp3500
That's what I'm wondering about too.

So we should start the stride just before the pitcher releases the ball, but we shouldn't swing until the batter plants his foot? That only works if the batter has a short stride.
For the batters that have more involved strides I start them a little earlier then guys with the shorter quicker strides. To me the swing looks more complete with those guys being able to finish. Just my observation from playing.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.