Home
Madden 12 News Post

All right folks, here's the deal. I will be speaking with EA's Mr. Josh(full name maybe has an 'ua'?) Looman in the very near future. Many of you have interacted with him on here in the past, so he probably does not need much of an introduction, but he's the developer who likes to watch simulation after simulation run across his screen while his eyes try not to bleed too much.

Anyway, I'll be speaking with him via telephone about what's going on with Superstar Mode and Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12 this week. The embargo won't be up until NEXT Monday (5/16). I'll be transcribing the interview for the site, but I'm going to let you all (mostly) guide where this interview goes.

Here is the only restriction (sans the given time constraints during an interview, so I obviously won't get everything answered):

No super-duper specific questions will be asked. If you want me to ask Josh if in year 2023 of Franchise mode will there be an abundance of quarterbacks available in the NFL Draft -- I WILL hunt you down.

On the other hand, here would be an acceptable question: Josh, has anything changed this year in terms of how the NFL Draft plays out in Madden 12?

(Pro tip: If your grammar is sound and on point, you probably have a better shot of getting a question asked.)

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 B-Lo-Z-Ro @ 05/09/11 04:02 PM
Are players going to be fully customizible from uniforms to appearence?

# 42 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 05/09/11 04:06 PM
In Superstar Mode will users who have imported their specific player from Road to Glory be rewarded? Such as maybe being projected a lottery pick or having a ratings boost?

# 43 Philliezfinest @ 05/09/11 04:07 PM
I remember seeing a screenshot of the main menu with the score ticker at the bottom of the screen. My question is will the ticker pop up during games in franchise mode? I just remember in older versions you could see scores from other games that were going on.

# 44 Droopy03 @ 05/09/11 04:11 PM
Now with about half if the league running a 3-4 defense in franchise mode will there be your DE/LB that will come out if college that u can scout as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

# 45 hoop xyience @ 05/09/11 04:12 PM
Edible player models in franchise mode?

Will there be some sort of player development where you can do a drill to build on a certain attribute

# 46 iamgramps @ 05/09/11 04:15 PM
Will there be a way to scout the next opponent on your schedule to see if their vulnerable to the run or pass? Who's injured and who's starting for the injured player? If a rookie or injured vet is starting at the skilled position, that would be something to game plan around.

# 47 BlueNGold @ 05/09/11 04:20 PM
Will the first game of a new season be on Thursday and have the defending Super Bowl champions playing in it?

Any Super Bowl banner raising ceremony?

How is progression handled this year?

Do CPU teams have any sense of direction? For example, will a 4-12 team of mostly veteran players blow things up and try to get younger by trading away some of their assets and stockpiling draft picks?

Will CPU teams have their logic modeled after their real-life counterparts? An example being teams like the Colts or Pats not being big spenders in free agency but a team like the Redskins would be.

# 48 mvb34 @ 05/09/11 04:21 PM
Will we be able to edit players ratings after starting a dynasty?

Will there be weekly practice?

Will players have to have knowledge of the playbook ala Head Coach 09?

# 49 ABR173rd @ 05/09/11 04:22 PM
1.Will we have the option of changing teams during offline franchise?

2.If so how will this be implemented?

# 50 Warehouse @ 05/09/11 04:26 PM
Are there going to finally be realistic roster moves in the game, such as end-of-pre-season cuts, practice squads, and actual long snappers?

# 51 K_GUN @ 05/09/11 04:32 PM
how about more *ticky-tak* injuries...guys that miss 3 or 4 plays with stingers or tweaking a knee

# 52 Falcons11497 @ 05/09/11 04:34 PM
Will you be able to create your own stadium in Franchise without having to relocate your team and change logos and/or jerseys?

also

Have their been any additions to Superstar mode that represent the lives of football players off the field, such as interviews, phone calls, meetings (with agents, coaches, and teammates), or other interesting things?

# 53 Hova57 @ 05/09/11 04:41 PM
is there progressive injuries ie player can be probable or GTD. Player can have bruised ribs then downgraded to sore ribs. or an high ankle sprain in the beginning of season goes away and comes back toward the end.

# 54 rooney8 @ 05/09/11 04:52 PM
1.Is franchise mode rebuilt or tuned and tweaked?
2.Are there any more player or team stats kept?
3.What are the factors that affect progression.

# 55 karon.taylor @ 05/09/11 05:01 PM
1. Will franchise mode have the wear and tear system we saw in HC 09?
2. Will there be a point system assigned to individual body parts that start to decline as the season progress and the player is subject to more physical contact? Like HC 09.
3. Will college recruits be assigned a grade like 88 or 8.8 and will their potential grade be represented as a number instead of a letter like in HC 09.
4. Will we have a roadmap like in HC 09 where it compares available free agents/college prospects to the players on our roster for each position? For example, if I have a 82 rated QB on my roster, and there was a 88 rated QB in free agency and a 85 rated QB in the draft, the roadmap will list each player based off of their ratings. So the free agent player will be listed first, the college prospect second and the QB on my roster third.

# 56 kongemeier @ 05/09/11 05:02 PM
SuperStar-Mode:

- Will you have to fight for the starting role or will your player automatically start like previous years?
- Will it be possible to use 15 minute quarters and get a realistic number of plays? In previous years the super-sim would only use a few seconds each play.

# 57 MDTerps94 @ 05/09/11 05:09 PM
Can you build a new stadium without relocating or changing uniforms?

# 58 dw76 @ 05/09/11 05:13 PM
With regards to player development, has there been any changes to the intervals that player ratings increase or decrease? (ie: how often, when, pre-season vs. regular season, etc.)

# 59 Jakeness23 @ 05/09/11 05:17 PM
Is there a TeamBuilder feature setup for Madden 12 like in the NCAA game. Where you would be able to create a team and start a new franchise or simply relocate a team with another team's current roster.

# 60 fitch94 @ 05/09/11 05:19 PM
Please tell me the scouting of College Prospects has changed? There has to be a better way to focus on a position or a need then the past for each NFL team. I hope depth and detail of the scouting game has been increased. Any chance Mel Kiper will post a Mock Draft?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.