Home
Madden 12 News Post

All right folks, here's the deal. I will be speaking with EA's Mr. Josh(full name maybe has an 'ua'?) Looman in the very near future. Many of you have interacted with him on here in the past, so he probably does not need much of an introduction, but he's the developer who likes to watch simulation after simulation run across his screen while his eyes try not to bleed too much.

Anyway, I'll be speaking with him via telephone about what's going on with Superstar Mode and Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12 this week. The embargo won't be up until NEXT Monday (5/16). I'll be transcribing the interview for the site, but I'm going to let you all (mostly) guide where this interview goes.

Here is the only restriction (sans the given time constraints during an interview, so I obviously won't get everything answered):

No super-duper specific questions will be asked. If you want me to ask Josh if in year 2023 of Franchise mode will there be an abundance of quarterbacks available in the NFL Draft -- I WILL hunt you down.

On the other hand, here would be an acceptable question: Josh, has anything changed this year in terms of how the NFL Draft plays out in Madden 12?

(Pro tip: If your grammar is sound and on point, you probably have a better shot of getting a question asked.)

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ven0m43 @ 05/09/11 08:15 PM
In Franchise Mode, can we change teams after a few season or are we stuck with the same team?

# 82 therizing02 @ 05/09/11 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They took out the Extra Point this year and will redo it in the future when they are happy about it. They weren't happy with The Extra Point.

Bummer. Thanks for the reply Roadman.

# 83 Aggies7 @ 05/09/11 08:45 PM
1) During franchise will trades be offered to you by CPU controlled teams?

2) Will opening scenes during Franchise game be Franchise relevant...Example if I have an injured player will they still run out of the tunnel cause I would hate to see a player with broken leg run out of tunnel or with commentary before game comment on players to watch for.

3) Is training camp back?

4) I think its been asked but can we build a new stadium without having to relocate?

5) And now that New York got a Super Bowl, will there be other cold weather stadiums that will host Super Bowl in later years of Franchise

6) Is there some sort of College all star game to help us scout College prospects.

Thanks

# 84 Kahuma @ 05/09/11 08:47 PM
I'm sure this has been posted here but I'll ask anyway.

I'm tired of seeing these 365lb DT with 83 speed and 90 fitness move.

All these tightends with high 80-90 speeds ever year, LBs with 90+ speed.

WRs with 99 speeds and 90+ release every year.

Can we get more logical draft classes?

A Calvin Johnson-style WR doesn't come around every year. Same with these Patrick Willis-like LBs every year. Shouldnt have 5 Linebackers with 85+ speed every year. DE's with 90 speed is just stupid.

It's even worse in online league because people draft speed so much.

# 85 Tengo Juego @ 05/09/11 09:03 PM
Superstar Mode

- Will we be able to completely customize our imported Road to Glory player's appearance?
- Will College stats/awards/success have any reflection on how high/low you are drafted?
- Can we expect scrutiny for coming from a certain offensive or defensive college scheme?
- What kind of things can we expect from the down time of our NFL career? Practice, workouts/training, game-planning, film study?
- Pre-game, mid-game, post-game interviews? Off season trade, re-signing, cut theories to have to answer to? Maybe the team drafts a QB the year after they draft you at QB, and the media tests your character? Dialogue trees?
-Contract negotiations. How will they be handled when that time comes in your career, and when you are drafted and signed?

Overall, I want to know if Superstar is going to remain a single player perspective, and nothing more. Will it become a role playing game in Madden 12?

# 86 kingj720 @ 05/09/11 09:13 PM
As many already asked future draft picks and is there a limit to how many picks you can have? 2 Can u relocate n keep your same team ex. Raiders to La but staying as the raiders, 3 is there weekly or bi weekly progrression, 4 is there a training camp where you can improve your players. 5 Coaches mean anything and is there position coaches? 6. I've seen OL get pancakes all game and at the end it doesnt record them properly.

# 87 Lightner @ 05/09/11 09:27 PM
1. Will there be a rookie scouting combine?
2. Will players have the Brett Favre syndrome?(come out of retirement)
3. Will players be suspended and have to pay fines?
4. Will backup players, players with low ratings, and players that come in after an injured starter randomely have MVP material games? example coverboy Peyton Hillis
5. Will there be more players drafted in rounds 4-7 becomeing stars? example Tom Brady
6. Will the NFL draft be just like the one in real life?(Roger Goodell coming to the podium to announce the draft pick and the rookies waiting to be called.)
7. When players get older will they stay as good as they have been? Like if Peyton Manning played for another 5 years will he become more of a backup QB?
8. If you upload a Draft class from NCAA Football 12 will the top players be talked about and will they show highlights from their games?(or in any way will we be able to sync the ncaa football season from the game into the Madden game.)
9. Will Superstar mode be more like real life or like road to glory mode on NCAA football 2011?

# 88 Lightner @ 05/09/11 09:27 PM
1. Will there be a rookie scouting combine?
2. Will players have the Brett Favre syndrome?(come out of retirement)
3. Will players be suspended and have to pay fines?
4. Will backup players, players with low ratings, and players that come in after an injured starter randomely have MVP material games? example coverboy Peyton Hillis
5. Will there be more players drafted in rounds 4-7 becomeing stars? example Tom Brady
6. Will the NFL draft be just like the one in real life?(Roger Goodell coming to the podium to announce the draft pick and the rookies waiting to be called.)
7. When players get older will they stay as good as they have been? Like if Peyton Manning played for another 5 years will he become more of a backup QB?
8. If you upload a Draft class from NCAA Football 12 will the top players be talked about and will they show highlights from their games?(or in any way will we be able to sync the ncaa football season from the game into the Madden game.)
9. Will Superstar mode be more like real life or like road to glory mode on NCAA football 2011?

# 89 hoop xyience @ 05/09/11 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
1) During franchise will trades be offered to you by CPU controlled teams?

2) Will opening scenes during Franchise game be Franchise relevant...Example if I have an injured player will they still run out of the tunnel cause I would hate to see a player with broken leg run out of tunnel or with commentary before game comment on players to watch for.

3) Is training camp back?

4) I think its been asked but can we build a new stadium without having to relocate?

5) And now that New York got a Super Bowl, will there be other cold weather stadiums that will host Super Bowl in later years of Franchise

6) Is there some sort of College all star game to help us scout College prospects.

Thanks
I knew someone else liked the college all-star game. That was a great addition in the past madden games.
It gave you a better feel for the position you needed most and you could find some sleepers for later rounds

# 90 magicmastere08 @ 05/09/11 09:57 PM
1. Has owner mode gotten any attention? In other words, can we improve our stadium, or can we build new ones without relocating? Will we have any control over other financial issues (ticket prices, advertising dollars, concessions, etc.)? 2. Renaming The League After Season 1: Like For Example to rename it to the Virtual Football League. 3. Real Broadcasting: The Television Packages Like ESPN, CBS, FOX, ABC. 4. Rename Awards To Real People' First And Last Names Like The Most Valuable Player Into The Elric Atchison Award. 5. Can We Relocate The Eagles To Out Existence? Probably.

# 91 kiddstyle @ 05/09/11 10:46 PM
Are there mid-game saves in franchise mode?

# 92 j_robin86 @ 05/09/11 10:55 PM
In francise mode will they have the top ten plays after every week during the seasons and will they have real stuff in game play like jerseys coming untucked???

# 93 btemp @ 05/09/11 11:27 PM
What advancements have been made to Franchise mode? That is, the past several years Madden has sought to make improvements to Franchise through improved draft, progression, etc. but has anything been done to take Franchise to the next level beyond its current format?

# 94 Matt Diesel @ 05/09/11 11:33 PM
How many players can you carry on your roster?

Do they have realistic roster cut-down dates and cut-down limits? Example:

Aug. 31 -- Roster cutdown to maximum of 75 players

Sept. 4 -- Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players

Is there a practice squad? If yes, can you sign players off of other teams practice squads to your active roster?

Have you implemented the PUP lists? If yes, if a player begins training camp on the PUP list, can they be moved to the active roster at any time? If a player starts the regular season on the PUP do you have 6 weeks to keep him there and then 3 weeks to put him on the active roster?

Can there be AI teams in online franchise like NCAA's online dynasty?

# 95 btemp @ 05/09/11 11:37 PM
Will the 3-4 and 4-3 be properly integrated into Franchise where defensive formation matters, rather than only determining playbook use? That is, will the style of defense have an impact on drafted players, player progression, etc.? Further, will player size/attributes better affect position changes so that a 230 lb 84 OVR OLB in the 3-4 doesn't become a 99 OVR DE in the 4-3, who would be run over in the NFL?

# 96 Step2001 @ 05/10/11 12:10 AM
Has the "Wear & Tear" Injury System been installed into Madden 12?

Will injuries now carry over into the following Season?

I.R. is it fixed? Is the P.U.P. list in the game?

Will Injuries linger thoughout a players career? Achilles, knees, Shoulder, Back, Concussions, (think NFLHC09)
-------------------

75 man off-season rosters!!!

Will rookies be signed before or during Pre-season?

Practice Sqauds, are they in?

53 man roster or is it still a 55 man roster (after final cut down)?

Will we have to set a 45 man Gameday roster?

Will the 3rd QB be the 46th man (emergency QB) to be available (dressed on gameday)?
-----------------------

Full Coaching Staffs? Coordinators and Positions Coaches. Head coach, OC, DC, QBC, RBC, WR/TEC, OLC,DLC, LBC, DBC, STC! Add the ability to tab one of your coaches on your staff as an asst. head coach.

Can I promote a coach without having to fire and then re-hire that coach?

Winning team, playoffs, Super Bowl. Will other teams come after my Coordinators?

Can I re-sign a coach during the Season?
-----------------------

Along with the Franchise tag. Has Restricted Free Agents and Exclusive Free Agents been added to the game?
-----------------------

Signing Free Agents.

If a Free Agent is asking for $320k, will the HUM controlled team be able to sign that player for that price? Or is that asking price just for the CPU?

During the season, street Free Agents, are they still asking for big time bucks? In real, there just looking for an opportunity and will sign for the minimum.
----------------------

Do we now have the ability to hire and fire scouts?
---------

Medical team? Is there info more available and there suggestions on recovery? Info you weigh as to whether you shut a player down for weeks or the year.
-----------------------

Player Attitudes? Are they in the game?

Player Holdouts?

Agents? Are they in the game?

Players Info, is it more indepth
-----------------------

Has the NFL Draft been expanded? Presentation? Trades?

Trading Future Draft Choices! Draft choices in 2012 & 2013? (so on & so on)

Updated Draft choices for each team? New England owns the Saints 1st and Raiders 2nd rd picks. The Browns own the Falcons 1st and 4th rd picks in the 2012 draft. etc This was in HC09!

Is there a Undrafted Free Agent signing period that follows the draft?
-----------------------

The overall that players come in with as a drafted player. Has that been toned down?

How much will coaching and playing time factor into whether a player increases, stays the same, or decreses?
-------------------

Commentary during the season Improved?

Does it build upon every week?

Starting in Pre-season. Mentioning the starters won't see allot of playing time. When I remove my starter, talk about the backup.

Just so much.....

Will injuries be talked about as how it effects the game as Gus and Cris get going on there opening chatter? Stuff like that....

Win Streaks? "Have the dubious honor of wrapping up the #1 overall selelction in next Aprils draft"

If Homefield has been wrapped up. Maybe some chat about or pointing out that the starters most likely won't see allot of playing time

During the season "if" your Coordinators are considered top candidates for any possible Head Coaching jobs. Let's hear the commentators talk about that.
---------------------------
A.I. Pre-season has it been fixed or adjusted since roster have expanded?

The first game the starters should be played a series. The 3rd and 4th string QB's get the 2nd half. The CPU does not do this.
The second game the starters maybe go a quarter.
The third game the starters usually play the first half and the first series in the 3rd qrt.
The fourth game. Now the first cut down has come and gone and you are now down to 70 or 75 players. Teams usually don't play there starters at all in this game. So the back-ups take center stage.
---------------------------

Pre-Season kickoff game at Fawcett Stadium? Right there on the grounds of the National Football League Hall Of Fame.

# 97 goodygoody @ 05/10/11 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btemp
Will the 3-4 and 4-3 be properly integrated into Franchise where defensive formation matters, rather than only determining playbook use? That is, will the style of defense have an impact on drafted players, player progression, etc.? Further, will player size/attributes better affect position changes so that a 230 lb 84 OVR OLB in the 3-4 doesn't become a 99 OVR DE in the 4-3, who would be run over in the NFL?
For that reason, I don't even draft DE's anymore.. Just a bunch of linebackers lol

# 98 Ninjoid @ 05/10/11 01:22 AM
In franchise mode are we able to:

1 - watch/play any game from any side's schedule?

2 - watch it as a cpu v cpu game?

Thanks.

# 99 mjb213 @ 05/10/11 02:16 AM
Are there any changes to draft day?

Can there be an option to use the actual picks teams have? (like Pats have lots of future picks and Falcons lost a few)

Can there be a warning that a player is nearing retirement, and is there a way to keep them around another year?

Any value system in place for trading draft picks with the computer? I usually wreck the computer in draft pick trading stocking up many picks.

Thank you!

# 100 KOTC Wayne @ 05/10/11 03:03 AM
Will online franchise get any love this year as far as having alot of the features that offline franchise have?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.