Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN posted a story today detailing some of the additions to Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 12.

The biggest change seems to be the ability to create a coach and move up the coaching ranks. Many folks have been begging for a "coaching carousel" in this series, so this addition seems like it should make a lot of people happy.

Quote:
...EA and Tiburon have responded and given players the ability to create their own coaches from scratch. You can modify looks, set ages and even pick an alma mater. Save these changes, and you can share them with the world and every mode in your game.

That stuff might sound cosmetic, but it plays into the cool changes in Dynasty mode. When you start, you can choose to go be the head coach of whatever school you like, but the real challenge is taking on one of the new offensive or defensive coordinator slots and working your way up to running an entire team. Yes, this year you can be one of the assistant coaches and manage just one side of the ball for entire games. Do well, and the shot at a head coaching job might pop up.

The story also mentions some details about Online Dynasty mode, including confirmation that you will be able to simulate online dynasty games from your computer.

If you're a more visual person, IGN has also posted a video preview detailing these changes.

On a level beyond the additions themselves, the biggest change this year just seems to be the ability to customize the experience to your liking. The folks at EA Tiburon have been relatively rigid when it comes to customizing players, leagues and so forth, but the shackles seem to be coming off in both football games now.

More details should be released about this mode and the Road to Glory mode in the near future. The embargo for all media as it relates to these modes lifts on May 23.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Soonerd2 @ 05/19/11 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame
good idea but i doubt it
Me too unfortunately.

# 142 canes21 @ 05/19/11 03:16 PM
Well, it will be possible to be a DC while your friend is an OC I am guessing which will be pretty fun.

Having there users though being the HC, OC, and DC would be so much fun.

# 143 volstopfan14 @ 05/19/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Assuming we start as coordinators in an online dynasty, could 2 users actually be the OC and DC at the same school in Online Dynasty you think?
Great idea. I hope it is in but I kind of doubt it.

# 144 Lodeus @ 05/19/11 03:19 PM
Look like this game is going to be a lot of fun this year. I'm most likely always gonna start as a coordinator every time, it adds a whole new experience to the game.

# 145 bigbails35 @ 05/19/11 03:20 PM
wow looks great, gonna have to get both madden and ncaa this year for sure!

# 146 DorianDonP @ 05/19/11 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well, it will be possible to be a DC while your friend is an OC I am guessing which will be pretty fun.

Having there users though being the HC, OC, and DC would be so much fun.
I could see one user be a DC and the other be a OC (one user plays offense, the other plays defense), but I don't know how another could he a HC.

# 147 volstopfan14 @ 05/19/11 03:24 PM
So if we are a HC we get to hire/fire our coordinators? I assume so but haven't seen it stated anywhere.
Also, can we add teams from teambuilder for dynasty without replacing another team?

# 148 blkrptnt819 @ 05/19/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
This is just the preview none of us know exactly all the in depth info of what these features actually mean and will mean. That video is just a preview of what to expect on the 23rd of May. We were only shown a glimpse of grades we dont know what they truly mean change and what they affect in the game fully.

Its almost no matter what anyone does or says you get a group of ppl that find a way to build a negative aspect on the matter. Can we all just wait until the 23rd before we start jumping to conclusions on how its being implemented wrongly or not to its full and how it should be until after we get the Devs info?

I sware...we always have people ready to start a riot.

Edit* this isnt directed at anyone in specific including Roggie.
Once again I ask has EA not earned the benefit of the doubt? At least for this year?

# 149 MizzouBravesFan @ 05/19/11 03:27 PM
Coaching Carousel is in...?

Pffffft my life is done come July 12th...NCAA you own me.

# 150 rollinphat @ 05/19/11 03:27 PM
The only other thing that could even come close to this news is the inclusion of a "stadium builder" (May 23rd?)

WELL DONE EA!!!!!!

# 151 Solidice @ 05/19/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Disappointed that the Big 10 Championship will be in Indianapolis. Soldier Field is a much better choice, for all the right reasons. I mean, it's the Big 10, we embrace the cold!
Big 10 championship game in real life will be at Indy. Unless it's changed recently? or you just upset at the Big 10 in general that that site was chosen?

# 152 BenGerman @ 05/19/11 03:33 PM
Astounding to me is the fact that not only did EA implement a Coaching Carousel, but that they went for it all. I thought, well maybe well get it this year but it will probably be half-***ed for the first year. Who really expected coordinators in their first attempt at this? Not even the beloved College Hoops allowed us to start out as a coordinator. Absolutely amazing. Great job EA.

# 153 8 @ 05/19/11 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbails35
wow looks great, gonna have to get both madden and ncaa this year for sure!
This ^^

# 154 Miden @ 05/19/11 03:35 PM
Looking good so far. I hope we can get some more info on it from an official blog soon.

# 155 DorianDonP @ 05/19/11 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miden
Looking good so far. I hope we can get some more info on it from an official blog soon.
Official blog is 4 days away.

# 156 Knight9299 @ 05/19/11 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
The game we all have been dreaming of. Wow. Cannot wait

Just think of how much more awesome it would be if College Gameday was in! lol

On the other hand. A message to the NCAA Dev Team. Please dont take any of this stuff out of the game for the years to come
So I can hire an OC and a DC. Those guys will help sway recruits based on their traits. Will there be distinct play calling from these coordinators? Will the CPU recruit better so these coordinators have the right tools for their systems?

This stuff is great, but if they didn't fix the 8 QBs and 3 tackles on a CPU controlled team, what difference does it make?

# 157 Cusefan @ 05/19/11 03:40 PM
I heard the IGN guy mention "athletic Director", I wonder if that was just a coincidence or if there will actually be a AD mode where we can update facilities and other admin jobs...

Basically I love all of this, EA: TAKE MY MONEY. I am just waiting for one other little thing, Neutral site games. If that is in then I will be in Heaven.

# 158 mike linebacker 7 @ 05/19/11 03:40 PM
Dude im so Siked for this game im wetting my lips just thinking about it

# 159 The GIGGAS @ 05/19/11 03:40 PM
EA:

# 160 jyoung @ 05/19/11 03:42 PM
Great work, EA!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.