Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 FedExPope @ 06/06/11 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Looks pretty good, but I'll be the first one to hope that it's on Rookie.

I also wish they'd show last game's stats for the QB as he's walking out...something much more relevant than the same ol' stale stat page.
Its just an 'Exhibition' game mode matchup, not a an in-franchise mode game. There's still hope for that last game stat page I would think...

# 22 WAT @ 06/06/11 10:49 PM
Can someone please tell me what the middle linebacker is doing on that second play? He looked very lost and basically was standing in the middle of nowhere land. : /

# 23 PSRusse83 @ 06/06/11 11:25 PM
This footage looks awful. I dont understand why they went back to Madden 07 graphics. Im looking forward to the finished product because there is no way it could be this bad.

# 24 Sag604 @ 06/06/11 11:57 PM
anyone else notice the grass? or lack thereof? LAME! looks like those pics they've shown us so far are from their "cutscenes."

# 25 berad88 @ 06/06/11 11:59 PM
I thought it all looked pretty amazing. Not really sure how anybody could say anything negative about the graphics. The cutscene stuff looks almost real.

# 26 shnuskis @ 06/07/11 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
I do. although I do understand where you are coming from historically he lost a lot of close games.
I went through the box scores from 08 and 09 and Rodgers had 7 4rth quarter drives to tie or take the lead that resulted in loses due to special teams and defense giving up the lead. There's more to a loss than just the qb.

# 27 Sceptic21 @ 06/07/11 12:03 AM
YES! Rodgers is a 98. That's higher than I predicted! I was thinking 95, but 98 is great!

# 28 4solo @ 06/07/11 12:24 AM
Like its been said b4, madden need more transitional animations. I don't like how rodgers comes up and have his hands ready for the ball and the center hasn't even gotten to the line yet. Takes away from immersion and makes the players look robotic. But Overall I think the cut scenes look great. I'm really feeling the camera work.

# 29 bigsmallwood @ 06/07/11 12:33 AM
Sorely lacking in presentation and replays from the videos I've seen so far. Hopefully the final product is something impressive.

# 30 DaSmerg @ 06/07/11 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blood9585
CORRECTION a 100 rating overall would say TB is the best QB was/is/will be....
So there is only 1 point in difference between elite talent level players? TB can only, for the rest of this coming season, wait no, the rest of his playing career, can only get 1 overall point better? The best any new talent, regardless of position, can ever get, is as good as Tom Brady was...last season? Aaron Rodgers can only grow 2 more points...again...over the course of the rest of his career?

I guess I just don't agree with that formula guy.

If it were up to me, I'd leave the 90's - 100 range open for elite level talents in the game with room to grow for current, never mind future talent (franchise mode for example). Also I'd break that down a bit further by position with the idea being to try and represent the product on the field we see...good players, great players and elite level talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
What's funny is you, like many others, think that the overall rating matters. It doesn't. It's all about individual ratings. One of the problems is that EA/Donny will manipulate the individual ratings at times to alter the OVR value.

Also, what's up with 95 throwing power for Tom? I was always under the impression that he was a 92-ish throwing power guy. It's just a few points, but I never got the impression he threw that strong.

Not at all. In a lot of ways, the overall number is really arbitrary and relies way too heavily on awareness in it's final calculation. I'm not trying to sound hung up here and I'm trying to remain hopeful about this year's Madden, little things like over stat'ing players are reminders of some of the issues with past Maddens. This makes me wonder how much really has changed?

P.S. if this Madden is anything like the past ones (and I've been here since the very first Madden), awareness and depending on position strength will be the only numbers to matter. I'm really hoping against hopes it isn't so. I'm really hoping that speed and acc will finally actually mean something in a Madden game. Here's hoping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I would like the game to more accurately show that Brady is a 99 on the Patriots playing for Bellicheck. Head Coach did this and I think it would be a great addition for Madden 13.

This way you would need to sign and draft players that fit your schemes and play style and their OVR would rise or fall accordingly.
Yeah, that'd be a pretty kewl idea. Would also open up some more factors in the franchise management aspect of the game, while at the same time letting the folks who just play lobby versus games can have their over stated top players...hehe...I shouldn't be so down on Donnie's ratings.

But really, elite level talent, in this year's game, should be rated at most, no higher than a 95 overall and even that is pushing it. Reason being, where is the room to grow? Even with the in-game dynamic ratings? How many times do we see great and even good NFL players just play lights out for a quarter or a game or even stretch of games (*cough-cough*...this year's cover athlete...*cough-cough*)? Why not use a fairly simple game mechanic...the overall player rating...as a way, other than simple game stats, to display that?

Maybe next year then?

Game play didn't look to horrible. It's still fairly early considering the promised changes and let's see what comes out from E3.

# 31 Philliezfinest @ 06/07/11 01:48 AM
i hope we c da 3d grass more than n dis vid cause it look like da old grass

# 32 4solo @ 06/07/11 01:53 AM
I really don't care how Donny rate players now b/c we have full player editing in franchise

# 33 Atomic Martian @ 06/07/11 02:10 AM
How bout that 5 wide receiver set from the Pack! cant wait, sub in Finley unstoppable air attack.

# 34 Guffers @ 06/07/11 03:28 AM
It all looks fantastic but I have a small question/issue...

I just bought a brand new plasma tv, is that score banner going to stay there through the whole game again this year? I've noticed that it stays put throughout replays and even when you press pause in other EA football games.

I really don't want to ruin my TV.

# 35 guaps @ 06/07/11 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
How bout that 5 wide receiver set from the Pack! cant wait, sub in Finley unstoppable air attack.
Judging from gameplay at 3:18 left of the 1st quarter (1:17 into the video), Finley will be very effective in the air attack as he's giving a nice speed burst in his cut. This means he has a pretty high Route Running rating.

I like how the DL seems to be attacking the entire pocket in Madden 12, but the OL/DL interaction still looks bad. Especially on the Finley completion, where I don't like the way Josh Sitton (#71 Packers) singlehandedly is able to contain and hold Vince Wilfork (#75 Pats). First, because Sitton moves outward after the snap, leaving a hole 1-2 yards wide for Wilfork to attack. Second, because there is no signs of Wilfork being able to use his strength and momentum to get a clean shot at the QB, when Sitton had a very bad angle and should have been easy to push away.

Had it been in Madden 11, Sitton would probably have slided in front of Wilfork, so there are improvements. However, after the sliding has been eliminated, OL/DL interaction still seems to suffer from the same problems as previous years - no signs of momentum in their interactions.

# 36 LambertandHam @ 06/07/11 04:05 AM
The thing my eye instantly went towards was the line play. I like how on the second play from scrimmage, the Pats D-Line was bounced out, but in a realistic way. Good to see lots of hand play.

The bad?
Hard to tell from limited footage, but on the second play, one guy makes the tackle, and everyone falls down again.

# 37 the_natural @ 06/07/11 04:14 AM
at 0:57, look at that 3d grass guys!

# 38 guaps @ 06/07/11 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
The bad?
Hard to tell from limited footage, but on the second play, one guy makes the tackle, and everyone falls down again.
"It's an early build"

True, it looks bad, especially since Brandon Meriweather (#31) comes running at full speed into the tackle and instead of affecting the tackle, he just grabs on and falls in the direction of the tackle (not respecting momentum). And the two other guys just fall down.

# 39 ZoneBlitz @ 06/07/11 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
Good find. Players look a bit more life like, particularly in the huddle.

Looking good. Looking forward to more gameplay videos. With each one, I could possibly be buying Madden this year.
I'm in the same boat as you. Madden has been upgraded to being "considered for a purchase". This is my 2nd year not purchasing Madden - after a 20 year streak of buying the game. It does look good. I'll check in on a regular basis.

# 40 bigwill33 @ 06/07/11 05:07 AM
Watched it on my iPad, but could someone tell me if you could see the players nameplates on the packers backs when at the line of scrimmage? It seemed to me they only showed up during the off play camera shots. Hope that they weren't sacrificed because of slowdown or something.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.