Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Dime Magazine has posted their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview.

Quote:
After playing 2K12 for a few minutes, it was obvious that there were some widespread changes once again. Although last year’s game physics were pretty awesome, posting up was a little too difficult, speed dribbling was a little too effective, and crossovers were a little too devastating against other users. Not anymore.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 coolcras7 @ 08/24/11 02:31 PM
The article said something that may get some people on here nervous." While all these improvements are great, ultimately they’re small. Is it really worth it to fork over more money for essentially the same game? The “NBA’s Greatestmode is the reason why you should." hope people don't overreact.

# 2 JSensui @ 08/24/11 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The article said something that may get some people on here nervous." While all these improvements are great, ultimately they’re small. Is it really worth it to fork over more money for essentially the same game? The “NBA’s Greatest” mode is the reason why you should." hope people don't overreact.
Hopefully they're only saying that because it's a very early build.

If true, that makes me sad, but I'd still buy it, lol.

# 3 coolcras7 @ 08/24/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
Hopefully they're only saying that because it's a very early build.

If true, that makes me sad, but I'd still buy it, lol.
Hopefully the author was just more excited about the classic teams so he glossed over the other aspects of the game.

# 4 Dwadefan @ 08/24/11 02:50 PM
Thats all they probably showed him

# 5 youvalss @ 08/24/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
The article said something that may get some people on here nervous." While all these improvements are great, ultimately they’re small. Is it really worth it to fork over more money for essentially the same game? The “NBA’s Greatestmode is the reason why you should." hope people don't overreact.
2 things:

1) These improvement may be small to him because he doesn't consider these gameplay features a big deal and/or he may have thought 2K11 was already great so he may not consider 2K12 to be that much better.

2) Basketball games don't get that much boost evey year like they used to. It's not the 90's anymore (which I try tell myself every time I'm disappointed with the new graphics of an upcoming game...though it doesn't help me that much).

# 6 qpc123 @ 08/24/11 03:34 PM
Quote:
Article also had statements to like this "After playing 2K12 for a few minutes, it was obvious that there were some widespread changes once again. Although last year’s game physics were pretty awesome, posting up was a little too difficult, speed dribbling was a little too effective, and crossovers were a little too devastating against other users. Not anymore."

First, he calls the changes widespread then calls them small.

# 7 STLRams @ 08/24/11 03:38 PM
Nice preview read. I have a feeling that NBA2K12 will knock NBA2K11 out of the ballpark, and I still love playing NBA2K11. What was interesting I was sitting and watching a 1986 Finals video of The Rockets vs The Celtics that is also on that website and watching how much of a beast Kevin Mchale was in the paint. Got me amped to play with the old Celtics team on NBA2K12,.. can't wait!

# 8 Da_Czar @ 08/24/11 05:38 PM
Quote:
I doubt they showed him everything. There are a few more choice reasons to spend 60 dollars this year. I am eagerly awaiting a specific announcement.

# 9 Da_Czar @ 08/24/11 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Nice preview read. I have a feeling that NBA2K12 will knock NBA2K11 out of the ballpark, and I still love playing NBA2K11. What was interesting I was sitting and watching a 1986 Finals video of The Rockets vs The Celtics that is also on that website and watching how much of a beast Kevin Mchale was in the paint. Got me amped to play with the old Celtics team on NBA2K12,.. can't wait!
Going back to 2k11 after playing 2k12 is a pain. Not just because it's newer but because is so much more FUN. That is one takeaway I had from 2k12. I love 2k11 but it is not always FUN. 2k12 is a blast to play wether you play against the computer or against a human.

Now when you play against another human who understands the game of hoops you will have some CLASSIC games. We had games where it starts out with 2 guys in the room playing and by the time you get to the 4th qtr the office is full and guys are cheering. It's just a lot of fun to play and watch.

# 10 youvalss @ 08/24/11 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Master07
He mentions you have the ability to pit the 08 celtics against the Bill Russell celtics, i wonder if that means some recent championship teams are in
Yeah, I don't remember seeing the 2008 Celtics among the (newer) classic teams.

# 11 tyson33 @ 08/24/11 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Going back to 2k11 after playing 2k12 is a pain. Not just because it's newer but because is so much more FUN. That is one takeaway I had from 2k12. I love 2k11 but it is not always FUN. 2k12 is a blast to play wether you play against the computer or against a human.

Now when you play against another human who understands the game of hoops you will have some CLASSIC games. We had games where it starts out with 2 guys in the room playing and by the time you get to the 4th qtr the office is full and guys are cheering. It's just a lot of fun to play and watch.
Thats real good to hear Da_Czar, as someone who will probably only touch the NBA's Greatest Mode a handful of times like I did with the Jordan Mode in 11', this is the news that resonates with me. Hopefully in the near future we can get some juicy info on mode improvements and additions (such as CPU controlled teams to online leagues!). Til then ill enjoy some of the screens that just got posted today, lookin good!

# 12 youvalss @ 08/24/11 06:38 PM
Will 2K12 bring 2K7ish fun back? Hope so...

# 13 Goffs @ 08/24/11 06:39 PM
Quote:
I doubt they showed him everything. There are a few more choice reasons to spend 60 dollars this year. I am eagerly awaiting a specific announcement.
SPILL IT!

# 14 kolanji @ 08/24/11 08:45 PM
Quote:
Smoother player movement isn’t the only in-game upgrade – your teammates actually move without the ball. Even if you don’t run a play, expect more screens, players demanding the ball in the post, etc
now that is some welcoming news to my ears......awaiting more info about the physics and the branching off animations upgrades

Quote:
Da_Czar I doubt they showed him everything. There are a few more choice reasons to spend 60 dollars this year. I am eagerly awaiting a specific announcement.
c'mon Czar u know the never showed him everything......i saw what u did there giving info without giving info.....u know we r gonna get blown out our minds when the info that u know about finally gets revealed
PS waiting on those videos patiently Czar

# 15 bumpyface @ 08/25/11 07:32 AM
I know a lot of people are excited about the legend mode (blah, blah, blah), but what about gameplay improvement. 2k11 was well above average, but I think 2k8 had better controls and gameplay. For us who buy the game and jump online instantly in search of competition, I hope 2k is tuning out some of the sour gameplay mechanics that plagued 2k11. The online issues with the present installment are frustrating to say the least. Button response and shot stick operation are major concerns for me as well. Hopefully 2k is working on gameplay issues as I type this post.

# 16 cgalligan @ 08/25/11 07:52 AM
When your "the best" there isn't a need to change anything... The game is nearly perfect in 2k11... The addition of new animations, a little graphical bump, and the legends mode, will be more than enough for me...

Unlike that other company that "isn't the best" and still doesn't change anything...

# 17 domidomdomz @ 08/25/11 08:35 AM
Quote:
Come on, man! You're such a tease!

# 18 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/25/11 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
When your "the best" there isn't a need to change anything... The game is nearly perfect in 2k11... The addition of new animations, a little graphical bump, and the legends mode, will be more than enough for me...

Unlike that other company that "isn't the best" and still doesn't change anything...
I'm with you. 2K11 is the best basketball game thus far in my book. I still play it everyday like everyone else here. To some, 2K12 has minor changes on gameplay, but to me those are huge. I don't really have complains about 2K11, except for colors/color palette. So I am really excited they added a new post game controls, more animations, momentum, ball physics, graphics, etc.

I could care less about online play (people cheese anyways ). And yes, legend mode is a nice touch, but I won't play it as much.

# 19 LiveAllDaWay @ 08/25/11 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I know a lot of people are excited about the legend mode (blah, blah, blah), but what about gameplay improvement. 2k11 was well above average, but I think 2k8 had better controls and gameplay. For us who buy the game and jump online instantly in search of competition, I hope 2k is tuning out some of the sour gameplay mechanics that plagued 2k11. The online issues with the present installment are frustrating to say the least. Button response and shot stick operation are major concerns for me as well. Hopefully 2k is working on gameplay issues as I type this post.

Look up on Fb,like NBA 2K and look at the devloper insights they say what they're gonna talk about "Art Direction" Next for devolper insight tomorrow so look for that on fb on devloper insight 3 and they'll explin about what they're talking about

# 20 23 @ 08/25/11 01:53 PM
Please stop coming in threads about other topics complaining about something they haven't gotten to yet

You guys are incredible with the whining

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.