Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

The FIFA Soccer 12 demo is available now for PS3 and 360. If you are looking for the PC demo, click the following link.

http://static.cdn.ea.com/fifa/u/f/fi...install_eu.zip

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 rangerrick012 @ 09/13/11 05:11 PM
Is it me or is the RB shot modifier a bit overpowered? I'm playing on World Class w/ default controls, and I was able to pull off a few sick goals in the practice arena a bit too easily and this one in the real game that probably had no business going in, but did since I held RB on the shot. I just switched shooting from 'assisted' to 'semi' so that may make things harder.

EA Sports: FIFA 12 DEMO: F.C. Barcelona 1 – 0 Milan

After playing a bit more the one thing I still don't like is the unstoppable-ness of the AI at times on higher difficulties. But hopefully sliders can finally remedy this. Game still feels fast, but at the end of the day it's FIFA. For better or worse. Defending takes some getting used to, but still doesn't seem like a massive jump from 11 to 12.

# 82 mpt117 @ 09/13/11 05:25 PM
where is the demo in the playstation store? i woke up at 5am EST because thats when i heard it was going to be available...nothing. checked again at 9am EST before work and nothing. Same thing when i just got home from work now after 5pm EST and nothing. i see everyone writing up about it but i cant find the damn thing...i want my fifa fix! haha

# 83 rangerrick012 @ 09/13/11 05:28 PM
Also everyone should make sure they turn the analog sprint option from 'off' to 'on'. I don't know why EA does this and feels that the users don't want to control how fast they go, the same thing is in Madden. It should be set 'on' by default.

# 84 Panicshade @ 09/13/11 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
where is the demo in the playstation store? i woke up at 5am EST because thats when i heard it was going to be available...nothing. checked again at 9am EST before work and nothing. Same thing when i just got home from work now after 5pm EST and nothing. i see everyone writing up about it but i cant find the damn thing...i want my fifa fix! haha
PSN is never updated that early...only XBOX Marketplace

Sony updates PSN at around 3-4 PM PST (6-7 PM EST)...the same as every week...this week is no different

# 85 ezio @ 09/13/11 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
PSN is never updated that early...only XBOX Marketplace

Sony updates PSN at around 3-4 PM PST (6-7 PM EST)...the same as every week...this week is no different
It has actually been updating earlier the past 2 weeks but of course not today

# 86 Panicshade @ 09/13/11 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
It has actually been updating earlier the past 2 weeks but of course not today
ok..I haven't been paying too much attention to the PSN updates the past few weeks..I just know they don't update that early in the morning.

I wish they did

# 87 ezio @ 09/13/11 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
ok..I haven't been paying too much attention to the PSN updates the past few weeks..I just know they don't update that early in the morning.

I wish they did
Yeah I know me too. the past 2 weeks it updated at like 3:00 Eastern.

# 88 Panicshade @ 09/13/11 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Yeah I know me too. the past 2 weeks it updated at like 3:00 Eastern.
Whenever it does update I hope it doesn't give the PS3 users a headache like it did with me...lol

Screaming at the TV for the players to go after the ball isn't recommended (my skill level with this game is poor at best so that plays some into it)

# 89 Behindshadows @ 09/13/11 06:03 PM
Got it on PC and I'm liking it a lot, love that it trains you on the controls before allowing you to play the game. Makes it easier once you start the match.

Playing on harder levels in the demo, makes you respect the challenge more.

I'm using Barcelona and so far I'm really loving it, having the commentary is a plus as well and more teams.

# 90 guaps @ 09/13/11 06:21 PM
Played a couple of more games and I'm really enjoying it. My latest game was Arsenal (Me) vs. Milan. I wanted to test the new impact engine, so I got a player sent off after 11 minutes - my bad. Even though I adjusted my team settings, I ended up being complete outplayed by the Milan strikers and their offensive midfielders in the final 25 minutes of the game - lost 2-4.

Some of the best things about the FIFA 12 is the ball control and off the ball movement. Players are doing a lot more creative stuff with the ball and are able to attack the ball in the air a lot better this year. Also I've seen lots of good off the ball movement from my AI teammates.

And it terms of ball control I had a great pass to Fabregas, who used his heel to get the ball under control and turn towards the goal while completely fooling a defender in the process. It looked both great and realistic.

# 91 Super Glock @ 09/13/11 06:29 PM
Is it RT+LT for precision dribbling?

# 92 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/13/11 06:30 PM
still waiting for PS3 demo... sigh...

# 93 Azamien @ 09/13/11 06:32 PM
It's up on PS Store now. It's not in the demo section (as I post this), but if you search the store for "FIFA 12" it'll be in the list.

# 94 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/13/11 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
It's up on PS Store now. It's not in the demo section (as I post this), but if you search the store for "FIFA 12" it'll be in the list.
You are my hero! Thank you!

# 95 Sports fanantic @ 09/13/11 06:33 PM
Quote:
yep confirmed and downloading it as i type this!

# 96 harrisonial2992 @ 09/13/11 06:36 PM
Quote:
Downloading now. Thanks.

# 97 AAPC @ 09/13/11 06:38 PM
Can't wait. I play w/ manual controls and thought FIFA 11 was great (aside from a few minor things), hoping FIFA 12 can be just that little bit better and I will happy.

Downloading now for PS3.

# 98 Krebstar @ 09/13/11 06:54 PM
8% left on 360. This is going to basically be the final factor in whether I buy it or not.

# 99 Bahnzo @ 09/13/11 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
8% left on 360. This is going to basically be the final factor in whether I buy it or not.
Yeah, I tell myself that too. But chances are I'll be buying it, regardless. Basically, I have no self control when it comes to FIFA v PES...I'll get both.

I really enjoyed Ultimate Team last year. Building a 2 Star squad and playing other 2 Star people was a lot of fun and if it's still pretty much the same this year, it'll be worth it, I guess.

# 100 harrybawls @ 09/13/11 07:12 PM
Does anyone notice the lack of pressure from the AI compared to last year. They will play you five yards off the ball if you are still. It seems the AI will only react when the user does something, very mechanical feeling. I swear I can score a couple of goals on world class then just hang back with almost no pressure on me and just hold the ball. it's like they don't want the ball unless I screw up and give it to them on an easy turnover or just try to push my way through the middle. Still fun trying to score goals though, the AI just isn't worried about winning. Early impressions here, i'll play a few more games and teams and see what happens. Bye.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.