Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

According to Kotaku's Owen Good, NBA 2K12 Legends will not be available online.

Quote:
None of the 34 teams unlockable in "NBA's Greatest" will be available for online multiplayer modes. There had been some confusion, even hope that they would, as earlier reports suggested that once a team is unlocked from "NBA's Greatest" it is available across all modes of play. 2K Sports just confirmed for me all the modes in which these teams can be used, and online multiplayer isn't one of them.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 EarvGotti @ 09/18/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
thank you!!! offline only is for those anti social guys, i pay 60 dollars i want to play every mode not 33% of the game. guess they dont DL patches either

lol thats not true man. People can be scumbags online so I can see why some may stay away from it.

I do feel like 2K favors offline more because the OS community favors offline more. It sucks for us online guys. 2K really needs to start taking strides to greater online achievement because if they haven't noticed yet...we will soon be literally living our lives online.

# 122 coolcras7 @ 09/18/11 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
thank you!!! offline only is for those anti social guys, i pay 60 dollars i want to play every mode not 33% of the game. guess they dont DL patches either
Only if your idea of being social is siting in a room by yourself playing with people you never see or touch, I think that is far more worse.

# 123 DocHolliday @ 09/18/11 08:24 PM
I have no idea why they would do this as a thought out decision, It has to be a legal issue or something.

# 124 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/18/11 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
So now your "armchair" public relations,

SMH. So sick of hearing the term "bad PR" thrown around here......especially when it makes absolutely no sense. Do you even know what "PR" includes? This post is just ridiculous on so many levels.

The game not having the legends you want, or the mode not catering to what you feel it should be is NOT "bad PR". What makes your post even more ridiculous is the support the original NBA JAM got...but thats the game you rather play.

just, stop.

seriously i think tos violator made a point here

why wouldn't legends be available online if it wasn't for that roster incompatibility?

wouldn't legends be available online if all teams were unlocked out of the box?

if yes, was it really worth it making a new mode out of it instead of just having them as part of the original roster?

if u guys see any other reasons why we can't use them online, i'd be glad to read it, but for now this 1 is what makes the more sense imo

# 125 The 24th Letter @ 09/18/11 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Qontrolz xX

why wouldn't legends be available online if it wasn't for that roster incompatibility?

if yes, was it really worth it making a new mode out of it instead of just having them as part of the original roster?

if u guys see any other reasons why we can't use them online, i'd be glad to read it, but for now this 1 is what makes the more sense imo
He has a opinion, and states some good points ot back it up.

still has nothing to do with "bad PR"

Was it really worth making a new mode out it? LOL. Ask the all the people excited about the mode....see 2k11's sales.

# 126 Knickerbocker @ 09/18/11 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Qontrolz xX

I doubt that. In most modern online games we unlock all sort of stuff as we go along and then we are able to use it even if our opponent or coplayer hasn't unlocked it yet. So if we for example still had 96 Bulls locked and couldn't pick it, an oponent that already unlocked it could pick the team and kick our arse with it. It would work just fine. Well maybe it is as people suggested before, maybe 2k just didn't have the time or the means to do it. Sounds weird but we know how online has been on 2k for years now.

# 127 scatman @ 09/18/11 08:48 PM
Doesn't bother me seeing as I don't play online unless I'm playing with my crew. I understand others possible frustrations; but this doesn't phase me one bit. I will enjoy the hell out of the NBA greatest mode, association mode, my player mode, creating a legend mode and training camp.....2 more Saturday's to go!!!!!

# 128 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/18/11 09:01 PM
@24th when i say "was it really worth it...." of course legends are worth the money 2k gonna get, but.. couldn't have they make the same promo for legends just by putting them in the regular roster? with no specific mode?

@NYK yeah i guess u're right, i never played such games but i heard about some (COD, AC brotherhood) where high level gamers have more weapons online than low level ones... so i guess u're right... so ...

why the **** legends ain't available online??? :' (

# 129 JrueTheFuture @ 09/18/11 09:06 PM
Is it too late to hope for an online classic teams lobby atleast? :/ I really wanted to use the 02 kings online...

# 130 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/18/11 09:08 PM
never too late to hope ... for 2k13

# 131 Knickerbocker @ 09/18/11 09:11 PM
Well I will be hoping till 2k confirms this officially.

# 132 EarvGotti @ 09/18/11 09:27 PM
Fight Night Champion allowed you to use unlockable fighters online...

Retro fighters like young George Foreman etc, Just sayin..

# 133 Glenn33 @ 09/18/11 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Fight Night Champion allowed you to use unlockable fighters online...

Retro fighters like young George Foreman etc, Just sayin..
Thank you sir.

I don't think some of you get it quite frankly. This isn't nitpicking or complaining...a highly touted feature such as this should be available for both OFFLINE and ONLINE players. It's kind of a big deal.

I play OFFLINE 90% of the time - but truth be told I am extremely dissapointed. This was the type of thing that would have got me to play ONLINE much more. This is a missed opportunity for 2K.

# 134 Sasquash @ 09/18/11 10:05 PM
Lmao once again i get to see how much 2k cares for online

# 135 btrapp @ 09/18/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
same here

oh, wait. im not 12 anymore

i didnt expect em to be available in ranked games anyway, but unranked woulda been cool. oh well though. i wont lose much sleep over it

LoL, you think you have to be 12 to actually have human beings next to you when you play video games? Contrary to popular belief, some of us actually play multiplayer games with multiple people in one area. You should try it.

# 136 exposedaking @ 09/18/11 10:24 PM
reading about all the improvements and things added, this is minor to me...im a online player too

# 137 Raven Nation42 @ 09/18/11 10:24 PM
This has no bearing on my decision that this will be a launched day purchase. I do agree with others that a option to play non rank games using these teams would have been nice.

# 138 SpecterSBC @ 09/18/11 11:10 PM
this is definitely a bummer even though i don't play online very often. Well I'll still be purchasing regardless. I love basketball too much and apparently this may be my only source of basketball after the WNBA playoffs (besides playing some real life pick-up). So thanks 2K for that, but I definitely see why so many people are disappointed.

# 139 Giammajo @ 09/18/11 11:48 PM
From the looks of this thread, most people are either "online" players, or "offline players. I for one have enjoyed all the modes in 2k11. Association and My Player are my bread and butter, and Online is reserved for when I need something a bit more competitive.

With that said, it is certainly disappointing to hear that we most likely can't bring the legend teams online. The Legend teams are what I'm most excited for, and I would love to whoop some heat/95bulls players with my 72 Knicks. But I won't let that take away from all the amazing gameplay/AI/My Player/Presentation/Post up/Defensive changes 2k has obviously worked so hard to implement. They have listened to our feedback as a community, and are clearly doing everything in their power to deliver a truly special and polished product.

Devs, I'm not a programmer and have zero understanding of what it would take to include these legend teams in online play, but if it is a "fairness" decision, and not a technical hurdle, I urge you to re-consider. These old teams were great, but will be no better than the current heat in video game terms. It seems logical to reward dedicated players who have unlocked the teams in Greatest mode with access to those teams for online play. We don't need the era-specific presentation, and only players who have unlocked the teams should have access to them.

# 140 Thegame326 @ 09/19/11 12:07 AM
If this statement is true, we should all expect this since 2k is not very reliable for online play to begin with.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.