Home
Madden 12 News Post

Madden NFL 12 title update #2 is available now for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

If you still haven't seen the Madden NFL 12 title update #2 details, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 juicer420 @ 10/18/11 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Like you said...about one game a week. So you should block about 1 FG or PAT per season.
I don't know, 2 or 3 a season isn't bad. I think I had 4 in my last season of online franchise. 2 in the same game, but the guy was super predictable about his kicks. And once I gave him guff for it, he stopped kicking it immediately and held it a bit longer

I'm not really in touch with the "issue", but what are others saying? Have some been able to cheese it and get 20 a year?

I don't know, why change something that works well for many, when a few have found a way to exploit it? This was the first that I've even seen this considered an issue.

# 82 macbranson @ 10/18/11 01:06 AM
The update didn't really address that many issues that we were griping about. I, for one, didn't really care if the grass looked any better. But, I guess it's cool for what it is. At least I can edit players without them losing their role now.

# 83 infemous @ 10/18/11 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
There is a huge difference in criticizing the developers and bashing them i am assuming if you you criticize constructively then that would be fine but to straight out bash them and call them names that is a huge no no if i am wrong i am sure i will be corrected.
yeah I agree, it makes the blogs much worse if it's full of mindless insults, but I mean, saying 'EA is an embarrassment' isn't quite the teen, angsty profanity filled bashing you'd assume would be a problem.

I've had many instances myself where I've said something against EA purely out of dissatisfaction and with the desire to get it fixed and been told that using a polite word to 'insult' is still insulting SMH.

About the popping sound I really can't believe that it's still in the game too. Anyway we can extract a statement from EA addressing this? If my speakers get destroyed because of it, I'll want to be reimbursed.

# 84 MattUM2 @ 10/18/11 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
I can verify it does work for existing chises. Game 1 in my Giants chise was always a rain game and now it isn't. Player roles still don't work if your roster was edited before hand though.
Yeah, but after the 1st year they come back anyway.

Edit. Only a couple players get player roles back.

# 85 Dale @ 10/18/11 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydee14
Fields definitly look better. Sign into Ultimate Team to get "This one is easy" trophy. I still hear that loud bang noise every so often
I thought I had a bad disk..,
I have my PS3 running through a Pioneer Elite System 7.1 madden plays in 5.1 and I hear a loud "pop" every 10 min or so.

How many others experience this?

Because of this I keep the sound down, cant be good for the speakers!

# 86 raguel @ 10/18/11 01:29 AM
Someone asked earlier and I can confirm: 1/2 sacks are in, and work for existing franchises.

I tested this by playing the next game in my franchise. I haven't checked to see if players were credited with 1/2 sacks in previous games.

# 87 cletusdog @ 10/18/11 01:37 AM
"Your starting WR" and "Your starting RB" are still getting the Raiders fans pumped up at the beginning of the game. I'm glad they're happy, because I'm not.

# 88 snowman5607 @ 10/18/11 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaZart
How's the gameplay? Any significant differences besides the qb sneak glitch? The other issues seem to have been cleaned up nicely. Did any tuner release also for the super lbs?
I didn't have any trouble with passing over the middle. The "super lbs" seemed to be tuned down. There was the occasional knocked down pass, but nothing ridiculous.

# 89 ThisIsReality @ 10/18/11 01:40 AM
I know it wasn't addressed in the details but could someone check the UDFA glitch? Because there's people here saying the game is more 'fluid' so they might have snuck in a fix.

# 90 ghostlight85 @ 10/18/11 01:41 AM
May just be dumb luck, but I just played my first game post patch and it felt like the gameplay cleaned up a little.

Fields look better, and I am playing a Miami franchise and it DID NOT RAIN AT MY HOME GAME!! >.> <.< >.>

# 91 infemous @ 10/18/11 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
Someone asked earlier and I can confirm: 1/2 sacks are in, and work for existing franchises.

I tested this by playing the next game in my franchise. I haven't checked to see if players were credited with 1/2 sacks in previous games.
when you get them with your user?

They've been in for simulated stats for a while, but when you get two players sacking the QB, it either goes to one player or neither.

Please confirm that you user sacked a QB and it counted as a half sack?

Thanks

# 92 jpdavis82 @ 10/18/11 02:02 AM
I read in the comments section of pastapadre's facebook that they added some names for the PA Announcer, like Cam Newton, AJ Green, Ryan Mathews. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

# 93 jpdavis82 @ 10/18/11 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
confirmed... PA Announcer has updates, play by play is still dumb.
Which names did they add besides those three or did you only hear those three?

# 94 havokeff @ 10/18/11 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
"Your starting WR" and "Your starting RB" are still getting the Raiders fans pumped up at the beginning of the game. I'm glad they're happy, because I'm not.
Maybe it's just me, but I noticed in my many franchises, that after the first year this is what they say if there are changes made to either position. Or if changes are made in the first year as well.

I think the PA announcer, as he is the same in every stadium if I'm hearing correctly, only has the out of the box names programed in. Otherwise they would have to have the guy say every single possible name combination in the game.

# 95 cletusdog @ 10/18/11 02:35 AM
i made no changes and from day one i got that generic intro for the raiders.

# 96 tanner75 @ 10/18/11 03:34 AM
Anybody know when the patch will be out for ps3 in uk?

# 97 pinksheets @ 10/18/11 03:50 AM
I know that the patch details said they were fixing the issue of teams drafting punters and kickers in the 1st with NCAA draft classes, but I was curious if this fix also applied to teams with franchise QBs drafting QBs in the 1st as well? I know they didn't specifically state that, but I wasn't sure if the tweaking of the logic altered the CPU drafting with imports in a more general way and they just pointed this particular part out.

If the drafting is fixed, I might just say 'screw it' and give up 32 team control, even with the UDFAs.

# 98 aussieBKR @ 10/18/11 03:56 AM
im in australia, and nothing has come up about update?? any1 know anythen??

# 99 Rawdeal28 @ 10/18/11 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Just had a franchise freeze. Fields do look better though they could look even better, rain games have been reduced but hopefully not completely removed, crowd noise is noticebly louder and overall more accurate to what's going on during the game, still need to see the generated free agents and imported draft classes appearance fixed. There are still a good amount of problems so hopefully there will be a third patch.
im watching my brother play his franchise game and i just noticed this. very cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Maybe it's just me, but I noticed in my many franchises, that after the first year this is what they say if there are changes made to either position. Or if changes are made in the first year as well.

I think the PA announcer, as he is the same in every stadium if I'm hearing correctly, only has the out of the box names programed in. Otherwise they would have to have the guy say every single possible name combination in the game.
exactly, i noticed this from day 1.

# 100 bichettehappens @ 10/18/11 06:42 AM
Started a franchise with the Cowboys to test some things out

UDFA/cuts - issue still seems to be prevalent, although 3 of the UDFA's kept seem decent, especially the center.
Notable cuts - Martellus Bennett, Bruce Carter (pre-patch, I saw Brooking get cut)
UDFA kept - LT-60-D, C-69-B(6'7"?), RG-39-F, DT-50-F, ROLB-61-C

Disproportional body types - Still there for generated players
Got guys with breast implants

Wings

Field quality - Definitely fixed

Didn't encounter any half sacks so I couldn't check on that

QB sneak is fixed.

Didn't necessarily notice any "smoother" gameplay but it was just a quick game where I was messing around. Still saw big hits, although maybe they were toned down a little bit, not sure.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.