Home
NHL 12 News Post

NHL 12 patch 1.03 details have been released. It is already available for the PS3. For 360 users, it will be available on Nov. 1st.

Quote:
We are pleased to announce that the Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys will be available through an online title update scheduled for November 1 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The title update will incorporate the following:
  • Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
  • * John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
  • Several fixes for freezing issues
  • Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit
  • Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
  • Several Goalie Improvements
  • Several Physics improvements
  • Several AI improvements
  • Improved interference penalty logic
  • Performance trackers fixes
  • Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
  • Double OT fix for no goals being scored after sim.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Qb @ 11/02/11 09:15 AM
We played four or five EASHL games last night. The consensus was it was somewhat easier to lose the puck when being bumped (one of the "physics improvements" perhaps?). Also, I felt the bigger checks looked a little different... hard to pinpoint why. Other than that, nothing really jumped out at me after a few hours of OTP. Although, I'd say the overall feel was improved, primarily because of the looser puck (small sample size caveat).

# 82 jkra0512 @ 11/02/11 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscbears99
I love this game too, always the game I look forward to the most its just frustrating even post patch to have a game freeze this often.
I hear you, any game that doesn't let you, well, play the game aren't good. If you can't play the game, there's no reason to buy it and continue to support the series. Luckily, I haven't had that issue, only a few here and there...

# 83 DJ @ 11/02/11 12:24 PM
Do you need to have the most-recent tuner for the Patch to take affect? I've been playing with Tuner 1.1 as I didn't think 1.2 was a good improvement for offline players, and with my settings, I am getting a nice number of penalties on both HUM and CPU with 1.1.

QB, can you explain a little more about the manual line change issue that someone else spoke of? Is it a delay or something with the button presses when making a change? Does it affect the game in a noticeable way?

# 84 mkharsh33 @ 11/02/11 12:30 PM
What is the "latest" tuner version??

I grabbed the patch and tuner update, but I don't know if it's 1.2 or 1.3 (or whatever the heck it is). Like Dan, I really liked 1.1 (hated 1.2 - too "ping pongy / arcadish") but grabbed what was the "latest" today and that seemed toned down. But I don't know if I just have placebo eyes... Thanks!

# 85 bscbears99 @ 11/02/11 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
What is the "latest" tuner version??

I grabbed the patch and tuner update, but I don't know if it's 1.2 or 1.3 (or whatever the heck it is). Like Dan, I really liked 1.1 (hated 1.2 - too "ping pongy / arcadish") but grabbed what was the "latest" today and that seemed toned down. But I don't know if I just have placebo eyes... Thanks!
\

from what i remember reading the latest it 1.2. It should be 1.3 but they overrode the original 1.2 with this one. I will look to see where I read that....

# 86 bscbears99 @ 11/02/11 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscbears99
\

from what i remember reading the latest it 1.2. It should be 1.3 but they overrode the original 1.2 with this one. I will look to see where I read that....
here we go...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7689491.page

# 87 theLanky @ 11/02/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Is the CPU scoring a lot more on anybody else? Seems like slappers from the point go in more for them now.
definitely noticing more scoring from the CPU...i had to adjust my goalie reaction speed up 2 notches....

i had one game where they scored 6 goals on 19 shots...pre-patch they were lucky to get 2 goals on 19 shots...

# 88 Qb @ 11/02/11 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
QB, can you explain a little more about the manual line change issue that someone else spoke of? Is it a delay or something with the button presses when making a change? Does it affect the game in a noticeable way?
I believe it was bad_philanthropy who mentioned it. BP said the line change box would pop up when it shouldn't along with the noise that accompanies it (which I dislike to begin with). I only played a few minutes of an offline game before we started playing OTP. So I can't give any feedback as I didn't even notice it in such a brief time.

# 89 mkharsh33 @ 11/02/11 01:27 PM
Thanks guys... I had that that screen overlay come up once (I use mostly auto subs) and it was slightly annoying.

I'm noticing the goalies playing the puck a bit more. I'm toning down my goalie passing slider to 1 as I saw Brodeur come out HALFWAY in his zone which turned into a stupid goal for me. What I WISH the goalies actually did do was play the puck BEHIND the net much more frequently...

# 90 kazjason @ 11/02/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I believe it was bad_philanthropy who mentioned it. BP said the line change box would pop up when it shouldn't along with the noise that accompanies it (which I dislike to begin with). I only played a few minutes of an offline game before we started playing OTP. So I can't give any feedback as I didn't even notice it in such a brief time.
I use manual line changes and what I have come to believe is it seems like the menu will pop up when the line you are using becomes overly fatigued, like a warning of some sort maybe.

# 91 d0wntime @ 11/02/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazjason
I use manual line changes and what I have come to believe is it seems like the menu will pop up when the line you are using becomes overly fatigued, like a warning of some sort maybe.
that's what i think. it seems to be an audible reminder to change your line. it may even become more persistent (i.e. click faster) the more fatigued your line becomes. it becomes very distracting when both your defensive and forward lines become tired. the noise is annoying but becomes distracting when the graphic stays on screen until you change your line.

# 92 canucksss @ 11/02/11 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0wntime
that's what i think. it seems to be an audible reminder to change your line. it may even become more persistent (i.e. click faster) the more fatigued your line becomes. it becomes very distracting when both your defensive and forward lines become tired. the noise is annoying but becomes distracting when the graphic stays on screen until you change your line.
i dont see this often, sometimes when i manually change my line, its all "empty". but as QB stated, there's this annoying keeps on repeating like change lines. but i kinda ignore it, not a biggy but still.

# 93 bad_philanthropy @ 11/02/11 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazjason
It has done that in the past, but now it seems to do it for no reason at all. My line on the ice will have a few bars gone but still be in the green and it'll pop up a few times in quick succession. Definitely not the worst bug I've ever seen at least.

# 94 Vikes1 @ 11/02/11 08:10 PM
I haven't played yet with the patch/V1.03.

But I'm a bit disappointed to hear that apparently the pass reception ease slider is still not working. As someone mentioned, it seemed to work well with '11'...but not with '12'. I do miss seeing pucks deflect off of sticks when fired at the player from too close.

Also not hearing anything about the cpu's pass accuracy being toned down. I was really hoping for that too.

But of course glad that they've released the patch. And hope they continue to support the game with future tuners.

# 95 mkharsh33 @ 11/02/11 09:39 PM
Nope...you can fully load a pass and send it to a guy two feet away from you and he will receive it. It's broke...terribly flawed.

# 96 humaca80 @ 11/02/11 09:47 PM
I agree the firing of passes to teammates 2 feet away is rediculous in this game!

# 97 mbergh22 @ 11/03/11 01:42 AM
custom soundtrack menu music, intermission songs playing as home team win, and slow loading times for save files are still not fixed.

# 98 canucksss @ 11/03/11 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
custom soundtrack menu music, intermission songs playing as home team win, and slow loading times for save files are still not fixed.
you have to re-do everything again. i mean u need to set it up again just like how you did it the first time. i know its kinda waste of time since you already did that prior to the patch. but what can we do, i just do as i pass along each games.

# 99 Suntan Superman @ 11/03/11 09:42 AM
I'm not totally satisfied with the game, my biggest issue is what most people call the glue issue, having played hockey, i wish i could handle the puck through all three zones, uninterrupted. However, the game as a whole is still very playable, at least in my opinion. I've never had the game freeze, and I've had the regular amount of "WTF HOW THE F DID THE FIN COMPUTER SCORE ON MY FIN GOALIE WITH A SHOT FROM RIGHT FIN THERE" and of course "WELL JC I GUESS MY DMEN DECIDED TO LEAVE THEIR INSTICTS AT THEIR FIN HOTEL ROOM" moments, but nothing more than I'd expect. I've noticed in particular the CPU screens the goalie more, and scores more on those screens. They also make some crazy pass interceptions, but oh well, it's still fun to me.

# 100 Qb @ 11/03/11 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I haven't played yet with the patch/V1.03.

But I'm a bit disappointed to hear that apparently the pass reception ease slider is still not working. As someone mentioned, it seemed to work well with '11'...but not with '12'. I do miss seeing pucks deflect off of sticks when fired at the player from too close.

Also not hearing anything about the cpu's pass accuracy being toned down. I was really hoping for that too.

But of course glad that they've released the patch. And hope they continue to support the game with future tuners.
I too was disappointed pass reception ease was not altered with this update. Typically they do some significant tuning following coding changes in the patch, so we'll see I guess. Technical issue or design decision... who knows. They're playing it close to the vest this year to say the least.

As for CPU pass accuracy, I recently lowered pass speed to 1 (from 2) and I'm regularly seeing CPU passing % in the low 70s (w/ interceptions @ 0). With it @ 2 and higher interceptions setting, I believe it was usually pushing 80, if not a little higher. Aside from the raw numbers, it feels better as they can't whip it around quite as well. I'm not sure what the default is or what you're using, but perhaps it's worth a try if you're not satisfied currently.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.