Home
NHL 12 News Post

NHL 12 patch 1.03 details have been released. It is already available for the PS3. For 360 users, it will be available on Nov. 1st.

Quote:
We are pleased to announce that the Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys will be available through an online title update scheduled for November 1 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The title update will incorporate the following:
  • Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
  • * John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
  • Several fixes for freezing issues
  • Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit
  • Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
  • Several Goalie Improvements
  • Several Physics improvements
  • Several AI improvements
  • Improved interference penalty logic
  • Performance trackers fixes
  • Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
  • Double OT fix for no goals being scored after sim.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 theLanky @ 11/03/11 11:36 AM
thought i'd chime in with some post-patch findings...first the "bad":

1) my goal horn is all messed up now...it's playing the horn with music when before the patch it was just playing the horn...i read above that you need to "redo" your settings post-patch, so i'm hoping that works

2) anyone else finding it hard to put together a string of wins/losses?...i win 1, lose 1, win 1, lose 1, and so on and so on...i don't want to say that it seems fixed, but when the CPU fired a shot from just within the blue line with 2 seconds left in the 3rd to tie it, it did seem a bit fishy.

3) injuries...there are WAYYYYY too many injuries occuring for my taste...i had to lower injuries to 0/0 on the slider and there are still a lot happening...anyone else seeing this?

the "good":

1) penalties...FINALLY, the CPU is getting called for a variety of penalties...i've seen my first double-minor (slashing), a boarding call, and even a game misconduct for checking from behind...SWEET!

2) setting up plays...noticed a considerable difference in the CPU AI when they're in my zone, or when I'm setting up in their zone...the CPU actually moves around (behind the net, looks to get open) and it makes for a much more "sim" type game in my opinion.

3) tighter defense...maybe its just me, but it seems like the CPU defense does a better job of poking the puck away or tying you up on the boards post-patch, which in turn makes it harder to score

all in all, i think the patch has made it a significantly better game...now only if the rosters could be fixed up...

# 102 Double-J @ 11/03/11 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLanky
thought i'd chime in with some post-patch findings...first the "bad":

2) setting up plays...noticed a considerable difference in the CPU AI when they're in my zone, or when I'm setting up in their zone...the CPU actually moves around (behind the net, looks to get open) and it makes for a much more "sim" type game in my opinion.
I would agree with this. My findings, however...and of course, I'm not sure whether to blame the tuner or the patch, but I suspect a combination of both:

1. The CPU now seems to have a new check animation that I hadn't seen before, and it makes my blood boil. I'll call it the "juggernaut." Basically, a CPU player with little to no momentum can do something like a horse collar tackle on my player. I thought maybe it was random until I saw it about three or four more times over the course of a few games. Happens at least once a game. I'd love it if my players could do the same to the CPU, but alas, without momentum, my team will have all the hitting efficacy of a wet noodle.

2. CPU now has 'rocket' passing, very fast and accurate pass speeds despite the fact that I've got the sliders minimized for both human and CPU. Really frustrating.

3. To tack on what Lanky said, the CPU now does try to set up better in the offensive zone. I wouldn't mind so much if they had worked the human defense to respond accordingly, but now I find, in very much the vain of NHL 08/09, that I'm complaining about 'impossible' CPU goals where the AI knows where the puck will be two or three moves in advance. I didn't feel like that was in the more recent iterations, but it seems to be back in full force now.

4. Overall game speed feels a notch faster. I set game speed to 0 and acceleration very low as well, and felt almost like I was playing on default speed after the patch and tuner.

5...and the biggest complaint
...the patch brought back the framerate issues (PS3) that I hadn't seen in awhile. Had to restart the game to get the choppiness to go away, and it seems ubiquitous as opposed to before where it would be somewhat random.

# 103 Vikes1 @ 11/03/11 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb

As for CPU pass accuracy, I recently lowered pass speed to 1 (from 2) and I'm regularly seeing CPU passing % in the low 70s (w/ interceptions @ 0). With it @ 2 and higher interceptions setting, I believe it was usually pushing 80, if not a little higher. Aside from the raw numbers, it feels better as they can't whip it around quite as well. I'm not sure what the default is or what you're using, but perhaps it's worth a try if you're not satisfied currently.
Thanks for the tip, Qb.

What your getting with the pass speed setting at 1, is just what I'm looking for. I never really thought of messing with the pass speed. I'll give this a try tonight.

Yep Qb...I currently have the speed at default, and the int at max. And like you said, yeah...the cpu pass % is nearly always 80 to 82%. Almost like clock work. Even with it's accuracy at 0.

# 104 Therion7 @ 11/04/11 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30
A bit of a ******* question but will the Penalties apply to all tuners?

what i mean is when i used v1.01 i hardly saw any penalties but on the latest tuner i seem to get more.

Is it the patch that helps the penalties or is it the tuners?

I think it's the tuner. I played a couple of games on the tuner that's listed as 1.00 in Europe in-game and in ten-minute periods, with the slider for the CPU maxed and the new patch installed, I wasn't on the power play once.

Still too early for me to say if the patch has improved the in-game freezing issue. There's been a couple of occasions where I thought "here comes the crash" and it didn't but I've maybe only played about 4 full games.

I actually went back to NHL 11 to play some CHL. Not as fluid, but still a lot to like about it. Gritty, reasonable pens, no fear of the freeze and how I miss those goal celebrations. Custom music issues aside, the on-ice sounds are much better in 12. Far more realistic.

In hindsight, I wish EA had just charged me 10 pounds / 15 dollars or something for NHL 11 with updated center-ices, the Jets and all the new * correctly -done* jerseys. Their tinkering in the last cycle has seemingly broken the core mechanics of loading, custom music and game stability. It's hard to understand how they managed to foul-up so many offline aspects as they did.

# 105 mbergh22 @ 11/04/11 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
you have to re-do everything again. i mean u need to set it up again just like how you did it the first time. i know its kinda waste of time since you already did that prior to the patch. but what can we do, i just do as i pass along each games.
What do you mean you gotta re do it all again?

# 106 canucksss @ 11/04/11 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
What do you mean you gotta re do it all again?
you have to assign all the songs (ex. horn, goal song celebration etc) for each team, just like what you did (im presuming) at first. i have to insert again team-specifics goal songs, horn and team introduction as i go along with the schedules. bad news is that whatever you input now and even if you save and quit, the update you did will not stick up. i dont know maybe i just dont know how it can stick up ... but if this is the way it is after the patch .... i can summarize in 2 words what i would like to say to EA.....

# 107 NATINO @ 11/04/11 05:02 PM
can someone upload the title update and tuner set for us offline people??
tuner sets are from the profile save !

# 108 Fiddy @ 11/04/11 05:55 PM
Quote:
you have to assign all the songs (ex. horn, goal song celebration etc) for each team, just like what you did (im presuming) at first. i have to insert again team-specifics goal songs, horn and team introduction as i go along with the schedules. bad news is that whatever you input now and even if you save and quit, the update you did will not stick up. i dont know maybe i just dont know how it can stick up ... but if this is the way it is after the patch .... i can summarize in 2 words what i would like to say to EA.....
i added playlists for every team in the game, every league etc. generic for chl/ahl/euro teams, then each nhl team is specific.. all my stuff worked after the updates.. only thing i had to add was the intermission and home win, since i knew they didnt work right out the gate. everything is working proper!!

# 109 gsize19 @ 11/05/11 11:37 AM
Five friggin online freezes in EASHL in nine games post patch... Very annoying... Then we get penalized with a loss of 130+ points when people quit on us all the time and they only lose 10-20 points... This has been the online year that I have ever had freezing issues, and their correction for freezing has created more it seems... I will say haven't had any offline freezes.

Penalties still seemed toned down... I rarely draw a penalty with penalties maxed out in BeAGM. I have gone 3 games without and in 14 games, have a total of 9 PP's while the rest of the league has 40-80... EA needs to stop F'n with the game engine and just enhance what they have from year to year... **** Fail!!! Last year they were SO close and took three steps back this year...

# 110 TheMatrix31 @ 11/05/11 01:30 PM
So you don't have to re-assign custom music again?

That was the biggest pain in the *** ever because of how slow the navigation was. I would hate to have to do it again. I probably wouldn't if that were the case, actually.

Haven't DLed the patch yet. Haven't played the game in a couple weeks. My block for game time has been cut with my bro being back home. PS3's in his room.

# 111 canucksss @ 11/05/11 03:22 PM
well.... after i d/l the patch... checked the custom music and all teams have "default" music. i dont know what happened there. so i just do update all the teams AGAIN but this time i'll do it in accordance to my schedule of play in BaGM.

so for you guys, the custom music is still there and did not go back to "default" music for all your teams?

# 112 jack1535 @ 11/05/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
well.... after i d/l the patch... checked the custom music and all teams have "default" music. i dont know what happened there. so i just do update all the teams AGAIN but this time i'll do it in accordance to my schedule of play in BaGM.

so for you guys, the custom music is still there and did not go back to "default" music for all your teams?
Yeah everything stayed the same for me, nothing went back to default.

What System are you on? If your on xbox are you streaming the music from your PC?

# 113 canucksss @ 11/05/11 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
Yeah everything stayed the same for me, nothing went back to default.

What System are you on? If your on xbox are you streaming the music from your PC?
360, d/l to my pc..burned to CD...ripped to my HDD... and load it up to my NHL 12, per team.

# 114 jack1535 @ 11/05/11 07:34 PM
Quote:
360, d/l to my pc..burned to CD...ripped to my HDD... and load it up to my NHL 12, per team.
Well then my theory is wrong. I thought it might be because your streaming the music.

# 115 Fiddy @ 11/05/11 10:16 PM
Quote:

yes, still there and working fine. i stream from my pc as well.

# 116 Double-J @ 11/06/11 10:02 AM
Noticed a lot more of this from the CPU since the patch:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101193901

Just to set up the scenario, this is after the play has ended. How is that not a penalty? If my player(s) even touches the CPU goalie, it's interference. Miller gets mugged, and the game acts like nothing happened. What gives, EA?

FWIW, I have the offplay penalties set to 'authentic,' so obviously this should be called.

# 117 Double-J @ 11/06/11 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30
Has anyone noticed that the cpu will run your goalie after the whistle much more frequently? It definitely feels that way to me.
Just saw this after I posted my video above. Absolutely!

# 118 Steven547 @ 11/06/11 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
Noticed a lot more of this from the CPU since the patch:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101193901

Just to set up the scenario, this is after the play has ended. How is that not a penalty? If my player(s) even touches the CPU goalie, it's interference. Miller gets mugged, and the game acts like nothing happened. What gives, EA?

FWIW, I have the offplay penalties set to 'authentic,' so obviously this should be called.
Happens to me a lot as well. There are quite a few penalties on the CPU that the ref "turns his head" on.

# 119 Majingir @ 11/06/11 11:03 AM
This patch changed nothing for me that I noticed.

There's still only 1-2 penalties a game!

# 120 Therion7 @ 11/06/11 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
This patch changed nothing for me that I noticed.

There's still only 1-2 penalties a game!
Yep, I've tinkered with every option that might have an impact. Tuners, aggression, penalties in the rules section, penalties in gameplay ai and it makes not a blind bit of difference. The CPU will quite blatantly ignore 90 percent of interference calls on players or goalies.

Post-patch, I've just had my first gameplay freeze after playing two straight season mode games. The standard "sound continues, graphics frozen" garbage. I think it might be a memory leak to be honest. I can no longer continue playing NHL 12 with this issue STILL hanging over every game - and I genuinely don't believe these issues have seriously been addressed by EA. The only freeze fix I can see is the selection of custom music in the season mode menu.

From the Jets debacle to pens to horrendous stability, this year has been an absolute disaster and the dev / QA team should be ashamed of what they have done to the reputation of this title. I won't be buying 13 on release day.

12's a bug-ridden, malfunctioning mess for me and I'm done with it. Back to 11 and editing the rosters because ultimately I still like playing a videogame hockey season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.