News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 timmymvp6 @ 02/07/12 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Kind of boring beyond the OF wall, other than... that.
I totally agree there is no team logos or sponsors to make it look a little better. There should have been a second jumbotron built over there.

# 142 timmymvp6 @ 02/07/12 09:06 PM
It looks just like Miller Park. Jose's batting stance is sweet though hope they have a new batting stance for Curtis Granderson

# 143 timmymvp6 @ 02/07/12 09:09 PM
The homerun thing makes me wanna throw up its so dumb.

# 144 Bat @ 02/07/12 09:09 PM
I think it looks pretty nice actually. When the roof is causing shadows I think it will really look sweet.

The "artwork" in left center is some of the craziest, tacky POS I have seen.

&

The solid white or gray batting gloves look alittle weird. Not worried, just sayin.

# 145 douggoud @ 02/08/12 12:12 AM
Thank god it's the Astros and not the Marlins coming to the AL West next year, because I'd have to see that THING at least once every month, lol.

# 146 brett the jet favre @ 02/08/12 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
Thank god it's the Astros and not the Marlins coming to the AL West next year, because I'd have to see that THING at least once every month, lol.

Haha yeah, its definitely ugly.

# 147 JoeRyan33 @ 02/08/12 02:14 AM
With that outfield backdrop, it does look like Miller Park which I'd say is probably the ugliest of the new parks.

You'd think they'd have made more of an effort to allow some natural light into a Florida ballpark. All those nice Spring Training parks, and they can't seem to build a pro stadium in that state.

# 148 Spring Rubber @ 02/08/12 02:24 AM
Yeah, I think this park suffers from the same problem that day games at Miller Park do in this series; the lighting for the retractable roof stadiums just doesn't do their real-life counterparts justice.

Two things would probably make it look a lot nicer:

1) Getting more lighting on the outfield area to make the green walls "pop" instead of having them be shrouded in shadows so dark that the walls look almost black

2) Opening up the panels and showing off that beautiful Miami skyline. The real-life stadium seems to look a lot better this way, as well.

Of course, SCEA can only do so much with the first year of each stadium due to a lack of information being supplied. (Citi Field, anyone?). Once this stadium opens for business this year, I'm sure SCEA will have some good ideas on how to make it look more vibrant for day games in MLB 13.

As for MLB 12, I'm hoping the night games will make the place look brighter since there won't be any pesky shadows creeping over the outfield.

(On a side note, personally I'm a fan of the home run celebration, the fishtank backstop, and the other tacky things in the stadium. It's fun to have one ridiculously tacky stadium in the big leagues.)

# 149 Bamafan3723 @ 02/08/12 10:38 AM
This stadium is just ugly, at least the inside is. No way around it. The color green they used is just horrible. It's like Miller Park and Tropicana Field hooked up. I think someone else posted that earlier in this thread and I would have to agree. Throw in the fact the Marlins new uniforms suck worse than the old ones and it just makes it worse. Top it off with the carnival ride they put in Left Center and you have an atrocity. I can't believe a group of people actually thought this was the best option. Why do the Marlins have to be in the NL East? I have to look at this thing way too much this season.

# 150 jmik58 @ 02/08/12 11:23 AM
The lack of a view beyond the outfield walls is a horrible choice. I just don't understand how you can build a stadium in the state of Florida and not incorporate beautiful sight lines, etc. It looks like a hanger. I can understand why the parks in Milwaukee and Toronto have the same look considering the inclimate weather, but Florida? Come on.

# 151 Perfect Zero @ 02/08/12 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_F_Z
You guys are relentless. It's just a ball park. I guess I don't understand how some people have so much feeling about it. I can partly understand if you're home team plays in it, but beyond that, I don't understand all the hatred towards this stadium.
Why do you have the urge then to point this out? We do it because this is a discussion board about MLB the Show, and this ballpark is in the game. Because of this, it gives posters licenses in a thread about a video of the new ballpark to critique it. And it suffers from the same problems that Miller Park and the juice box have: terrible shadows, horrid colors, and lackluster aesthetics. Add to that the home run statue, and it is indeed one ugly stadium.

# 152 jlatz10 @ 02/08/12 11:13 PM
The common overall feeling and expression of this thread as I've interpreted it:

"Oh, cool... new pics of the Marlins stadium are up, lets check them out. Ok lets see here, pretty open ballpark w/ retractable roof preventing So. Fla rainouts, scanning through leftfie...OMG CENTERFIELD. WHAT IS THAT THING? I CAN'T LOOK AWAY. WHAT IS THAT? WHO WOULD MAKE SUCH A THING. TERRIBLE. Ok, let me try to notice something else. CENTERFIELD."

Thank you for reading my poetic interpretation.

# 153 Chrisksaint @ 02/09/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The lack of a view beyond the outfield walls is a horrible choice. I just don't understand how you can build a stadium in the state of Florida and not incorporate beautiful sight lines, etc. It looks like a hanger. I can understand why the parks in Milwaukee and Toronto have the same look considering the inclimate weather, but Florida? Come on.
There's a beautiful view of the city through LF but that is in not in this video or in the game possibly.

If anyone has been to Sunlife for a game you'd appreciate this stadium a whole lot more.

I'm only disappointed with how they have portrayed the stadium in this game not the RL one, the CF thing is an atrocity but whatever(Loria being Loria) and I've grown fond of the new Unis even tho our last set was one of the best imo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.