Home
News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Please give thanks to blueandwhite!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 MakaveliLPC @ 02/26/12 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
The contracts ala Howard (4M) and Werth (3.5M) kill a bit of the realism for franchise.
Yea, what's up with that?

# 62 brett the jet favre @ 02/27/12 02:50 AM
Oh also, where the hell is Mike Carp? He was one of the best Mariners last year, in the amount of time he actually got..

# 63 Gagnon39 @ 02/27/12 09:12 AM
What's the deal with the contracts? They all say 1 out of something. Is no one in their second or third year of a deal? I don't understand this.

# 64 garyjr33 @ 02/27/12 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
What's the deal with the contracts? They all say 1 out of something. Is no one in their second or third year of a deal? I don't understand this.
I noticed this too...I was a little confused.

# 65 longway911 @ 02/27/12 10:33 AM
I searched the thread and couldn't find an answer to this question, but what is the deal with the contracts? The example I'll site is at the 0:48 mark of the video it shows that Alfonso Soriano is going to make 2.4 million dollars this season in the game. What? Soriano has one of the worst contracts of all time, yet anyone using the Cubs in the franchise mode won't be hampered with his ridiculous contract. I know this has ben an issue for years, but i'm curious as to why? Maybe someone could shed some light on this issue, but how come contracts aren't accurately depicted in the show. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE THIS GAME. It's hands down my favorite sports game... so realistic... but the contracts drive me crazy. Baseball-reference.com shows that Soriano is due 18m each year from 2012-2014... I always play a franchise as the Cubs, I feel I should be saddled with the albatross. Any info as to whether the contracts will be more accurate going forward? Sorry for the long post.

# 66 pdawg17 @ 02/27/12 10:47 AM
Wow...I knew my A's would be bad but Brian Fuentes is the highest rated player? Whether you want to argue it or not, the bottom line is it's going to be brutal playing with them for my season...

# 67 ClarkWGrizwold @ 02/27/12 11:05 AM
why are closers and rp's rated so high they're at the top on mostly every team, looks to me that every rp and closer are going to be getting a slight down grade in my franchise. How Heath Bell is number 1 and Mujica is rated over Hanley is nuts

# 68 Mabster @ 02/27/12 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Wow...I knew my A's would be bad but Brian Fuentes is the highest rated player? Whether you want to argue it or not, the bottom line is it's going to be brutal playing with them for my season...
I'm not sure which sucks more; that fuentes is the highest rated or that he's our closer.

From my OG EVO 4G

# 69 AUTiger1 @ 02/27/12 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Braves pitching staff = dominant! Now if we can just hit.
Yep. But was really surprised to see Bourn rated as the 4th best player on the Braves and the best hitter on the Braves and ahead of McCann. And no love for Freddie Freeman and Dan Uggla? C'mon man!

# 70 tessl @ 02/27/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longway911
I searched the thread and couldn't find an answer to this question, but what is the deal with the contracts? The example I'll site is at the 0:48 mark of the video it shows that Alfonso Soriano is going to make 2.4 million dollars this season in the game. What? Soriano has one of the worst contracts of all time, yet anyone using the Cubs in the franchise mode won't be hampered with his ridiculous contract. I know this has ben an issue for years, but i'm curious as to why? Maybe someone could shed some light on this issue, but how come contracts aren't accurately depicted in the show. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE THIS GAME. It's hands down my favorite sports game... so realistic... but the contracts drive me crazy. Baseball-reference.com shows that Soriano is due 18m each year from 2012-2014... I always play a franchise as the Cubs, I feel I should be saddled with the albatross. Any info as to whether the contracts will be more accurate going forward? Sorry for the long post.
When I inquired whether the problems with manage mode (managing games in franchise mode) had been addressed, Russell told me it isn't worth fixing because only 5 people play that mode.

Hopefully the contract situation gets fixed but I wouldn't count on it.

# 71 nomo17k @ 02/27/12 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
When I inquired whether the problems with manage mode (managing games in franchise mode) had been addressed, Russell told me it isn't worth fixing because only 5 people play that mode.

Hopefully the contract situation gets fixed but I wouldn't count on it.

Russell@SCEA said there are more than 5 MOM players:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No I'm being serious there are literary 5 to 15 people who play the mode. There are hidden trophy's in the game and one of them is playing one game of MOM or loading into MOM one time. This hidden trophy was only unlocked about 15 times last year which means out of the hundreds of thousands of people who played MLB 11 The Show while logged into PSN. Only 15 of them total ever played one game of MOM.

# 72 Cavicchi @ 02/27/12 01:33 PM
I was surprised to see Pedroia above Adrian Gonzalez, Montero over Ackley, Soriano over Granderson, and Braun...well...luck is an important factor in baseball. I know Posey had a great first year, but not so sure he should be that highly rated. Hosmer had a great first year and he isn't rated as highly as Posey. Soria of KC looks rated on par with Venters! Napoli had a great season but he has not played much at catcher; in fact, he was not the team's number one catcher. Torealba played 98 games at catcher (started 95) to Napoli's 61 at C (started 57) and 35 at 1B.

# 73 decga @ 02/27/12 02:55 PM
First of all thanks to the Philly fan. See how nice we are down south.. I was noticing the contracts I see actually Tullo w/Rockies has the lengthy and most valuable contract @ 17.7/9 $159.3. If you are a franchise player like myself this video comes in handy. Advance scouting.. Jose Bautista last year of contract in the game, Mcclutchen w/Pirates and he is 25. I know who to go after at the beginning of franchise. I cant wait til the day we are able to negoiate contracts during the season.

# 74 decga @ 02/27/12 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I believe this is how they always start at the beginning of a franchise. If the player is in the final year of contract before the roster was completed it will say 1/1.

# 75 metsfan4life1 @ 02/27/12 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
I'm not sure which sucks more; that fuentes is the highest rated or that he's our closer.

From my OG EVO 4G
JohanOis our highest rated player yet he hasn't pitched in a year and a half. But he should still be where he's at. But if you saw Santana's attributes, there slightly above average. And his control is way too low.. He only walks around 58 per year.. He has to prove he has control like that before they take that much away form him. Anyways, the mets are rated 26!! If you tell me that they're really that bad, I don't know. We got no respect. A lot of our better players are lower than a Tim Brydak.. Really? Tim was okay last year, he's overrated in the game. If I wasn't to edit our better players( Murph, Davis, and Duda) then I would have no chance at of least winning every 1/5 controlled games. And I won't cheat, but Dan, Ike, and Lucas are not below average players.. We are underrated as team in fielding and hitting. But that will change when I edit the players to where they should be based on last year and their overall actual potential, referring to real life potential.

# 76 jmik58 @ 02/27/12 04:09 PM
I was shocked to see Hamilton below a guy like Cruz. Neli can mash the ball but so can JH, and for average.

The speed and defensive attributes should put Hamilton over the top of Cruz who has a cannon for an arm, but I'm a little confused overall.

# 77 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/27/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
The contracts ala Howard (4M) and Werth (3.5M) kill a bit of the realism for franchise.

I wanted to comment on a few things I have seen in the thread. Contracts are based predominantly on ratings, maybe some players are given higher salaries IDK. But I do know they can not be accurate per MLB. This has been this way for as long as I can remember. Last year I believe Jose Reyes never got more than 6 million.

Also about all contracts starting in year 1. (1/9 etc.) The contract lengths are pretty accurate. If a guy signed a 10 year deal LAST year this season on MLB the Show it will say 1/9 instead of 2/10. I am sure it was done for simplicity sake. Really doesn't matter.

Edit: If you really want certain players to have higher contracts. In the Roster editor jack the player all the way up, then release him to FA 3 and then back to the team. The player will then be assigned a new contract and you can edit his ratings back down. The only thing is you may have to do this a few times because contract length is random when you do this workaround.

# 78 douggoud @ 02/27/12 05:59 PM
The Angels top 9 looks good (they finally got it right that Weaver is better than Haren, lol) untill the last couple. Where the hell is Trumbo? lol, Kendrick is better than Aybar, and Trumbo is better than Aybar (even if he wasn't as good an overall hitter as Aybar), his power and his fielding (being about the same or a bit worse than Aybar) make him better than Aybar.

# 79 AUTiger1 @ 02/27/12 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
First of all thanks to the Philly fan. See how nice we are down south.. I was noticing the contracts I see actually Tullo w/Rockies has the lengthy and most valuable contract @ 17.7/9 $159.3. If you are a franchise player like myself this video comes in handy. Advance scouting.. Jose Bautista last year of contract in the game, Mcclutchen w/Pirates and he is 25. I know who to go after at the beginning of franchise. I cant wait til the day we are able to negoiate contracts during the season.
But Jose Bautista just signed a new 5-year deal before the start of last year so he should have at least 4 years on his contract.

# 80 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/27/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
But Jose Bautista just signed a new 5-year deal before the start of last year so he should have at least 4 years on his contract.
Just happened in Feb., Rosters were locked earlier. Will have to do FA swap trick with him.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.