Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

DLG's Casey Mosier has posted his Madden NFL 13 hands-on impressions.

Quote:
This is a huge item for many of you (myself included) so let’s hit this topic right off the bat. The Passing system IS as advertised. Pass trajectories have been added so make sure you put touch on your throws when you need to. This has ELIMINATED the so-called super line backers. HOWEVER, if you throw a bullet pass directly to a linebacker with a receiver a few yards (5 maybe) behind him, you will possibly get picked off. I just wanted to put that in there for the folks who refuse to use actual passing windows like they are supposed to (and have to in the NFL). Use common sense and the pass will get there pending your QB can make the throw.
“Throwing a receiver open” is HUGE! It is a great feeling to see a receiver well covered and being able to aim the throw to where only he can catch it. Can you say back shoulder throws?!? That’s right, it is in there. I threw maybe 10-12 touchdowns using back shoulder throws, either at the goal line or in the end zone. Beautiful! Leading a receiver or throwing to a spot works very well (once again, if your QB can make a good throw) but is very much dependent on the user. It will take you a few games for sure to get used to the intricacies of the new system.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Jaaa @ 05/15/12 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
Which passing game do you refer to?
I am also curious of this question. Did he mean madden passing is better than or better than it used to be?

# 122 bigsmallwood @ 05/15/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
Which is why they brought down The Sim Standard guys right? because they are "safe" Madden opinions...?
Right.....

# 123 RynoAid @ 05/15/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaa
Ummm, they're obviously safe enough (or have gotten safe enough) for ea (especially with the pr return they come with), or else they wouldn't be there. Duh.
Nothing i say will ever get you off your position then, so I'm done discussing it with you.

# 124 roadman @ 05/15/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I disagree strongly. There have been many people here at OS that have presented their ideas in a clear & concise manner...problem is a lot of people who are chosen for CD days are people who have "safe" opinions about Madden and who are not going to point out facts.

Let's be real for a minute, they know exactly who they are inviting the the community days and who they make EA Game Changers etc.....take that statement for what it is.
Why would you say something like this when OS was represented in the past, still has Rgiles, Redzone, TSS goes and on numerous occasions RynoAid, Casey and Shaun Mason have consistently stated in these forums they constructively criticize the developers when they are down there.

We really don't know how we are represented until we go down ourselves, but I don't think anyone here is lying, either.

# 125 bigsmallwood @ 05/15/12 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
That's why they invite their harshest critics right?!?! That alone nerfs your statement. Smh

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I'm no rookie and I know the PR game...EA knows who to invite. Every year people come back amazed by the "new" Madden only for August to "nerf" your statement. Truth is truth. And there is no way to dispute the facts. I'm waiting for June 4th like everybody else and after that, I hope your words are still strong.

# 126 SageInfinite @ 05/15/12 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Okay, so that's where I saw it. I knew somebody had it. I just couldn't remember. That had to be one of the all-time great quotes I have ever seen around here>>>

And at the risk of derailing the thread I was totally joking. The quotes are 100% accurate however. LOL, that was some good reading. I have no idea what role "the paper" actually played in the vision cone removal, but TNT was convinced for what it's worth.

edit: @sage Don't know why you'd have to edit it. I mean it was straight from the man's mouth. Maybe I should heed the warning and edit mine too.
It was just the part about thanking god I had to remove, everything else was good, lol.

# 127 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 04:58 PM
Quote:
That's why they invite their harshest critics right?!?! That alone nerfs your statement. Smh

Yes but to be fair, you've also been one of their best salesman, Casey. I don't agree that they don't bring critics on board, but I see a lot less "dissenting" opinion game changers than I do "buy this game" ones. I feel like anecdotally at least there's a valid opinion there.

Regardless, let's get this thread back on topic.

# 128 raguel @ 05/15/12 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaa
I am also curious of this question. Did he mean madden passing is better than or better than it used to be?
I would like to know, but based on the facts that he's from TSS and that he brought up 2k8 with no prompting from me leads me to believe I already know the answer.

# 129 RynoAid @ 05/15/12 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Right.....
Again, nothing i say will ever get you off your position then, so this conversation is pointless.

# 130 bigsmallwood @ 05/15/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Why would you say something like this when OS was represented in the past, still has Rgiles, Redzone, TSS goes and on numerous occasions RynoAid, Casey and Shaun Mason have consistently stated in these forums they constructively criticize the developers when they are down there.

We really don't know how we are represented until we go down ourselves, but I don't think anyone here is lying, either.
I'm not calling anybody a liar...I'm just saying EA is going to keep bringing in people who have accepted the mediocrity that has been Madden over this current gen. And the CD folks could very well see one thing down in Orlando and then be surprised when August comes and everything has changed...I'm not sure about that, I'm only saying there has been a certain consistency with the people they have sent down there. That's all Road, I'm not saying people are lying.

# 131 bigsmallwood @ 05/15/12 05:03 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, I missed your reference to the topic of the thread. What was it again?!? I miss a few questions here and there so I just want to make sure I didn't miss yours.

It's all about impressions...#patientlywaiting

# 132 bigsmallwood @ 05/15/12 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
Again, nothing i say will ever get you off your position then, so this conversation is pointless.
It's not a matter of getting somebody to get off their position, I'm just saying at this point RynoAid, we will see. Nothing you all have said has been any different from what I have heard in the past few years from CD people. Everybody speaks the same language so to speak and yes I find fault in that.

Please don't take offense, this is just my interpretation of what has taken place. It smells like a typical Madden cycle agenda. People here want a true representation of what is taking place in the development of the game, not more hype.

# 133 bigsmallwood @ 05/15/12 05:08 PM
Quote:
Yeah I'm a pro Madden guy. But if they royally screw something up, I tell them... And you guys. Because I don't resort to blatant trolling or bashing EA on a forum doesn't make me less of a person but it does make me more of an adult than some lol.

Trolling/Bashing is not what I am doing. I've played Madden since 94'...so clearly I have respect for the franchise. The problem is anytime somebody speaks anything other than a "only optimistic" view of Madden, you all attempt to paint it as bashing...and that is not the case good sir.

# 134 Danimal @ 05/15/12 05:11 PM
Back on topic or this thread is getting closed and cards are getting sent out.

Bottom line is these people are posting their opinions. Whatever you think of them, the Game Changer program or anything else it's nothing more then their opinion.

You don't like it move on but this constant attitude like they owe you something or need to be accountable is ridiculous.

So if June 4th comes and you don't like the news so what? That doesn't change how they feel.

I can tell you one thing for a certain number of you, and you know who you are, if you're licking your chops hoping for bad news so you can attack some of these guys think again you won't be here for long after it.

# 135 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 05:13 PM
Calm Down. This thread is NOT a referendum on the gamechanger program.

It is to discuss the impressions posted and linked to in the original post. No more agenda anything.

Even when I just replied to Casey, I took the time to point out other points of view might be valid. Then I said "regardless, let's get this thread back on topic."

So let's do that. Please. No more discussion about the GC program... please discuss the topic of the thread. I closed this so I can get a word in edgewise... re-opened.

# 136 AzureEffect @ 05/15/12 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
Which passing game do you prefer? In madden can you throw the ball to a spot on the intended route before the WR makes his cut, like say if you're facing a heavy rush?
Yes but you will have to take into account if the WR is looking for the ball this year with the new "icon" system and players actually looking for the ball to make a play. I feel safe throwing to a spot on a 10-15 yard out route before the WR makes his cut but I wouldn't say it's 100%. You have to take into account the QB & the WR.

I am a huge fan of APF2K8s passing game and the maximum passing controls and with that said...I like the one thats in M13; especially how you can throw a WR open and the WR will adjust his route to make an appropriate catch.

# 137 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 05:45 PM
Quote:
By all means hold me accountable for my opinions

# 138 RedZoneD25 @ 05/15/12 05:52 PM
You two are like a married couple.

# 139 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
You two are like a married couple.

# 140 raguel @ 05/15/12 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureEffect
Yes but you will have to take into account if the WR is looking for the ball this year with the new "icon" system and players actually looking for the ball to make a play. I feel safe throwing to a spot on a 10-15 yard out route before the WR makes his cut but I wouldn't say it's 100%. You have to take into account the QB & the WR.

I am a huge fan of APF2K8s passing game and the maximum passing controls and with that said...I like the one thats in M13; especially how you can throw a WR open and the WR will adjust his route to make an appropriate catch.
Thanks for posting this but I just want to be clear on one thing (for now anyway):

I've noticed on occasion that in previous versions of Madden the wr will make his cut before the qb has finished his drop back (I don't think it's true for all plays, but I've never tried narrowing it down to find out which plays have this problem). So what I've done is first stop the qb's motion, wait a split second (otherwise the game still thinks he's moving) and then throw. To your knowledge, does that still happen in Madden 13?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.