Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

It all seemed too good to be true.

Now after this week's bombshells that you cannot edit players in connected careers or play any other games in the mode other than your own, it seems like the Madden team is once again forcing you to play your game their way. To me, this is a huge problem. Others of you? Maybe not so much. But let's hear it: Has the 'closed' nature of Connected Careers turned you away and/or cooled your enthusiasm about Madden NFL 13?

Sound off!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 moylan1234 @ 06/13/12 12:56 PM
Turned me away and sent me running to NCAA13 in a full on sprint

# 2 xboxfever @ 06/13/12 12:57 PM
Not being able to use your edited rosters in connected careers is a real downer, but it is not a deal breaker. Definitely cooled on anticipation however.

# 3 fsufan4423 @ 06/13/12 12:57 PM
Too many other positives to let this completely turn me away.

# 4 brahmagoul @ 06/13/12 12:58 PM
You put it in the perfect perspective, sir! They're forcing you to play the game their way. Because of that, yes, it has turned me away.

I especially get disheartened by tweets and comments those who work on Madden or within the company and say "trust me, this is a better mode," which I take as "we will tell you what you want," or "I know you're complaining because you care," which I take as "we know we'll get your money regardless, so we're not worried."

# 5 bigsmallwood @ 06/13/12 12:58 PM
I would not say that it has turned me completely off...but being able to edit rosters is a huge issue.

# 6 cletusdog @ 06/13/12 12:58 PM
100% turned me away. While the development team continues to preach that it is our game and we have limitless ways to play, the changes that they've made to the game are completely the opposite.

# 7 ballgameronny @ 06/13/12 12:58 PM
I am even more interested in seeing how this mode works. Yes, they took away a lot of features, but the franchise mode has gotten stale, and they re-worked it to make it fresh. I think it has plenty of very cool potential and is a good starting point. I won' lie, I do not like the import draft class option removed, but that is what it is. I feel like they are going to add some sort of outside of CC editing though.

# 8 ccdeville @ 06/13/12 12:59 PM
I am completely turned off.

# 9 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/13/12 12:59 PM
Sucks but no, I will be buying this day 1, I love NFL too much and the additions are too positive in my case (since I rarely edit)

# 10 themassacre771.1 @ 06/13/12 01:00 PM
Turned off slightly, but am still happy about what is in.

# 11 ABR173rd @ 06/13/12 01:00 PM
I would say it has cooled my enthusiasm, I was willing to live with editing players and then bringing them into CCM- that option being removed as well has definitely made me more apprehensive about my expectations. If you package that with everything else you "CAN'T" do now I can definitely see how fans are getting upset.

On the other side of that I am still excited about the positive things they've done with the added immersion and the new progression system and dynamic scouting. I'm willing to wait until I get some hands on time to see if the pro's outweigh the con's.

# 12 bcruise @ 06/13/12 01:00 PM
I feel like a franchise takes on its own identity (separate from real life) as soon as you start it, and so the lack of editing and not being able to use a pre-edited roster in CC doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is not being able to watch other games - I always felt like that added to the immersion, like I was watching another team's games on TV or something.

Still excited about what CC does have though, and of course Infinity. That said, it did bring me down to a "maybe" from a sure thing. But that's why I have Season Ticket - to give myself a solid answer on purchasing it or not. I just didn't expect to have to use it to decide on Madden. I'm still keeping an open mind on it until I play it for myself.

# 13 brahmagoul @ 06/13/12 01:01 PM
Also, I think people get fired up about this not because they love Madden as much as they feel shafted by not having another option, such as NFL 2K.

# 14 BurghFan @ 06/13/12 01:01 PM
Yep, though no imported draft classes from NCAA was more of a turn off than no editing/not being able to play other games. For me it's all about importing my NCAA Draft classes and drafting my Pitt players to the Steelers and trying to develop them. That being said, I'm very strongly leaning toward just sticking to Madden 12 and continuing my franchise there with my NCAA 12 draft classes.

# 15 seasprite @ 06/13/12 01:03 PM
If what they have works, I will still be very happy. Lack if editing rosters our playing as other teams other than your, really won't stop me from buying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

# 16 mestevo @ 06/13/12 01:03 PM
For most players it still appears to be the best Madden yet (just as it does every year for the most part)

Between the Infinity Engine and the significant upgrades and flexibility added to online franchise there is a lot to like (as someone who's never played online franchise in madden because of no contracts, being able to see draft ratings, etc).

It's not perfect obviously for everyone, but after falling in love with NCAA's OD last year and stating in a couple of threads that I don't see what Madden can do to match a 4 year turnover of rosters and the mechanism to go from school to school via the Coaching Carousel... CCM has me very excited for this and future versions of Madden. This generation and next.

# 17 lgxjames @ 06/13/12 01:03 PM
I makes me worry about the future of the mode. Of all the disappointed news none of it has clipped my wings yet...But I'm starting to worry something will soon enough.

As of this moment tho...No. Still like the mode.

# 18 Feldman011teen @ 06/13/12 01:04 PM
I'm going to play franchise, like i've done for 15 years. I don't care about this mode.

# 19 seasprite @ 06/13/12 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Also, I think people get fired up about this not because they love Madden as much as they feel shafted by not having another option, such as NFL 2K.
Wth does 2k have to do with this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

# 20 bcruise @ 06/13/12 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
I'm going to play franchise, like i've done for 15 years. I don't care about this mode.
I'd suggest you read up on this mode and what it's replacing before you get very disappointed.

« Previous1234567893738Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.