Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has just announced their Community Team-Up Program. Giving the biggest NBA 2K fans an exclusive look at NBA 2K13. Congrats to our boy Shady00018 for being one of the selected members of the program, along with Chris Smoove.

UPDATE: IpodKingCarter has been selected to join Chris Smoove.

Who is IpodKingCarter? Check out his recent video on how he was selected.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Shady00018 couldn't make the trip and Da_Czar declined.

UPDATE #2: KSpade64 has accepted an invite.

Who is KSpade64? Check out his recent video on being selected and what his plans are.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

UPDATE #3: vannwolfhawk, ShakeDown and sma11z99 have also accepted their invites.

Quote:
The 2K Sports “Community Team-Up” program is where we fly in some of our biggest fans and community members of NBA 2K, providing them with an exclusive look at NBA 2K13 and sharing some details with them pre-launch. They can then share the information we provide to them with the community.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Vni @ 08/03/12 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
my money's on vannwolfhawk. he's been silent recently, which makes me think they already contacted him and he's keeping his mouth shut until they announce it.
Soulread.

# 122 Pared @ 08/03/12 01:37 PM
Congrats van.

Keep your focus on gameplay and online - don't forget the community. You're there because of them!

# 123 aloncho11 @ 08/03/12 01:44 PM
Congratulations vannwolfhawk!

# 124 sammy watkins @ 08/03/12 01:46 PM
Yes, we need people with an emphasis on online play and all of it's problems, including online association. The other guys chosen are cool, but they mainly play My Player.

# 125 blues rocker @ 08/03/12 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
my money's on vannwolfhawk. he's been silent recently, which makes me think they already contacted him and he's keeping his mouth shut until they announce it.
Oh! i called it!

# 126 illwill10 @ 08/03/12 04:11 PM
"Ronnie 2K 2K13
Next guy invited to #NBA2K13 Community Team Up is @sma11z9. As long as they all accept, one more invite to be revealed today.
Ronnie 2K 2K13
Last invite to #NBA2K13 Community Up is @Shakedown2012. If anyone drops, I'll let ya all know but time to book these flights"

# 127 illwill10 @ 08/05/12 12:53 PM
After watching Shakedown's NBA 2k13 to do vids, I feel confident that he will spot out the gameplay flaws. He pointed out the key issues with the Transitional Defense, Passes, Slow Layup animations, physic defense, sliding defense, horrible pass catches, and bad A.I

# 128 SHAKYR @ 08/05/12 01:21 PM
I hope the guys who were chosen stay focused, don't get star struck or stage fright. I have seen this at this events.

# 129 SambFTW! @ 08/05/12 01:31 PM
Of all the 'meh' announcements made so far this is the most meaningful. I hope the invitees take full advantage of the opportunity and 2k makes their best suggestions a reality.

# 130 Sinner @ 08/05/12 02:00 PM
I like this but how much will it benefit since as Da Czar said 2k11 and 2k12 played better when he saw them than they did being released? That isn't a good thing..btw I really like NBA2k but wanting it to get better...would be nice to know why this is so. Can't wait to see what these guys think of the game from their early time with it and after its release, will be interesting to see if 2k13 is another one that plays better before release. If this is a constant thing then the Community Program is just for show...or maybe i'm over thinking and being a little to critical?

# 131 aloncho11 @ 08/05/12 02:58 PM
It's a great start for 2K and the Community. Even though the people chosen will not change dtramatically things from a game code perspective, they will play a key role in the last stage of fine tuning the game (thinking about vannwolfhawk's teams/coaches and playbook tweaks especially).

Let's not forget that the development cycle for 2K14 starts rightafter 2K13 is realesed and these guys are probably going to be involved since the first day.

# 132 illwill10 @ 08/05/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
It's a great start for 2K and the Community. Even though the people chosen will not change dramatically things from a game code perspective, they will play a key role in the last stage of fine tuning the game (thinking about vannwolfhawk's teams/coaches and playbook tweaks especially).

Let's not forget that the development cycle for 2K14 starts rightafter 2K13 is released and these guys are probably going to be involved since the first day.
I think they can help spot out things that can be patched. Any ideas or things, will at best be considered for 2k14.

Even though 3 of the 4 are heavy MP/crew guys, My Player shows you the game play issues on the default stage. You cant use sliders to cover up the issues. I for one am a heavy MP player, but game play is the top priority for me. With Vann, I think he will most likely look at how the teams run plays.

# 133 LD2k @ 08/05/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Let's not forget that the development cycle for 2K14 starts rightafter 2K13 is realesed and these guys are probably going to be involved since the first day.
This is the goal. Most of the guys picked have given feedback about 2K11, 2K12 in particular. The Dev's have seen a LOT of the stuff out there - especially with OS fans. So in a way, even though this is a later stage of development for NBA 2K13, you guys DO indeed get your voices heard by the Dev's more than you think

# 134 Sinner @ 08/05/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
This is the goal. Most of the guys picked have given feedback about 2K11, 2K12 in particular. The Dev's have seen a LOT of the stuff out there - especially with OS fans. So in a way, even though this is a later stage of development for NBA 2K13, you guys DO indeed get your voices heard by the Dev's more than you think
Question LD2k if you can answer it...are you guys going to stick with the same people for a few years coming to see the game or pick different ones every year? Thinking maybe having the same guys for a few years would help more with consistency in getting things ironed out..

# 135 LD2k @ 08/05/12 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Question LD2k if you can answer it...are you guys going to stick with the same people for a few years coming to see the game or pick different ones every year? Thinking maybe having the same guys for a few years would help more with consistency in getting things ironed out..
Not sure - the goal is to bring in different people in different stages. Depends on a number of factors, but yes, bringing in people who make sense at different stages of development would be the goal for the program.

That being said, like I mentioned, the community is VERY vocal and demonstrative on what changes they want. It does indeed get seen by the Dev's. We'll be listening to the community (not just the members of the team-up program, obviously) for how we can improve it.

Hope that answers your question

# 136 Sinner @ 08/05/12 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Not sure - the goal is to bring in different people in different stages. Depends on a number of factors, but yes, bringing in people who make sense at different stages of development would be the goal for the program.

That being said, like I mentioned, the community is VERY vocal and demonstrative on what changes they want. It does indeed get seen by the Dev's. We'll be listening to the community (not just the members of the team-up program, obviously) for how we can improve it.

Hope that answers your question
yeah thats cool..thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.