Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

NBA Live 13 will be shown to select media outlets on Thursday. OS was not invited, so we aren't sure what will be shown or when the embargo will lift.

The sooner that happens, the better.

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jano @ 07/31/12 05:34 PM
Wow... No OS I'm just confused this site is want you want there especially if the game is good. Guess that might be there concern lol

# 2 mlp111 @ 07/31/12 05:38 PM
not surprised that OS isn't included, this is a site that demands a sim experience, EA probably knows that we will be all over that game, guess Toys R US gets a sighting before operationsports!

# 3 swac07 @ 07/31/12 05:41 PM
Wow smh......

# 4 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/31/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
not surprised that OS isn't included, this is a site that demands a sim experience, EA probably knows that we will be all over that game, guess Toys R US gets a sighting before operationsports!
IF that was the case, they wouldn't show NCAA or Madden early to OS either, but they do.

# 5 dexvex @ 07/31/12 06:00 PM
Its probably going to be just the major outlets(IGN, Gamespot, GameInformer etc). NO diss to OS...

# 6 jsg @ 07/31/12 06:04 PM
more red flags

# 7 mrclutchimself @ 07/31/12 06:12 PM
Praying Live still comes out and owns.... Someone that used to be here works there. Forgive me for not remembering his name, but at E3 they got roasted. Maybe they are trying to take a more private approach this time. If they're showing it to IGN im sure we'll hear something eventually. I personally would've loved for OS to be invited. Hopefully its nothin personal.

# 8 23 @ 07/31/12 06:32 PM
Private for what?

Nobody hides a candlle under a bushel

Just say whats the deal... the games are supposed to go gold next month and you dudes are sitting here debating if its still coming out

Something aint right

# 9 noshun @ 07/31/12 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Private for what?

Nobody hides a candlle under a bushel

Just say whats the deal... the games are supposed to go gold next month and you dudes are sitting here debating if its still coming out

Something aint right
Exactly... whelp...we wait.

# 10 RumbleCard @ 07/31/12 06:52 PM
EA has shown time and time again how far removed from the actual consumer they are. They most likely don't have a clue that most of us are wondering if the game is going to come out at all. They probably think we're eagerly anticipating the game rather than debating whether or not it even exists.

# 11 alexthegreat @ 07/31/12 06:53 PM
smh. Somebody tell EA they havent had a basketball game out in 3 years. They need to be trying to impress as many sites and people as they can right now after their E3 showing.

# 12 JerzeyReign @ 07/31/12 06:54 PM
So what, they're going to bring a bunch of fanboy type sites in there to view it -- they'll give them a good review -- the suits are pleased and the game will be released -- the most honest site on the net doesn't get a peek?

Do they really want to see us sharks after they are cut bleeding in the ocean or would they rather see us while they are still in the boat?

If they want to feel froggy -- leap! Not showing OS may be a huge mistake!

# 13 BlueNGold @ 07/31/12 07:00 PM
This just has questionable written all over it.

# 14 23 @ 07/31/12 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
This just has questionable written all over it.
Guess we can expect another Hip Hop gamer hype video telling us how much trouble 2k is in again and how NBA Live is something neva seen beefo

nowhatimsayin

# 15 mvb34 @ 07/31/12 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
So what, they're going to bring a bunch of fanboy type sites in there to view it -- they'll give them a good review -- the suits are pleased and the game will be released -- the most honest site on the net doesn't get a peek?

Do they really want to see us sharks after they are cut bleeding in the ocean or would they rather see us while they are still in the boat?

If they want to feel froggy -- leap! Not showing OS may be a huge mistake!
Only to those who think OS is the only gaming site on the net...

# 16 King_B_Mack @ 07/31/12 08:38 PM
Interesting. We don't know the exact list of sites/mags invited? I like IGN and all, but they are apart of the EA hype machine as far as I'm concerned. Every year leading up to release they sell you how great the game looks and feels and voice no concerns about anything they see then act like **** just magically broke down somewhere between their last hands on and release. Not a good look EA. Not a good look.

# 17 dickey1331 @ 07/31/12 09:01 PM
EA is usually good with hyping games and getting people excited. Its a little strange with them being so silent. Makes you wonder whats wrong.

# 18 Pedro_PM @ 07/31/12 09:16 PM
I think they are being very cautious about the game after the failure of the NBA Elite. I donīt think it will be a good game, but i do expect a decent one.

# 19 Ajknowsit @ 07/31/12 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Well...OS soley concentrates on sports gaming....

Why would you refuse to show it to one of the biggest sports gaming sites in the world?

Makes no sense unless they think OS can swing someone's opinion into a direction they don't want or get them thinking about flaws they didn't see before that could be a problem later....
EA get's so much hate on OS and 2K get's all the love, they probably know that they would be picked apart no matter what they brought to the table, let's face it, people have a deep rooted hate for EA right now to the point their almost blind to anything positive the game may show and will only focus on the negative. They need all the positive word of mouth they can get right now, so I don't blame for not taking it to a place where the pack is ready to pounce.

# 20 barimanlhs @ 07/31/12 09:34 PM
I hope we can get some info rather quickly...maybe some screens or some gameplay (preferably obviously). I may enjoy the other game but I grew up playing Live and would like to see the franchise come back to its former glory.

Thus far Im being as cautious as EA is with this game. Im hoping for the best or at least a nice foundation to build from (although 7-8 years into this generation I shouldnt be asking for that....)

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.