Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshots of Michael Irvin.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BoNity @ 08/03/12 08:14 PM
wow EA is terrible at player models, is that Michael Irvin or Robert Turbin look at those arms!!!

# 22 vision @ 08/03/12 08:15 PM
They have Michael Irvin wearing a Nike uniform instead of the old school 90's uniform. I can't believe you guys didn't notice this. Look at the collar, it's a 2012 nike uniform. And yep the stripes are wrong.

# 23 mojo6911 @ 08/03/12 08:43 PM
Seriously, can't a 3 year old look at the comparison between the real player and the game and tell you he is missing his mouthpiece and the jersey is wrong? He doesn't play for the Colts.

Maybe they got confused between Irvin and Harrison?

# 24 RGiles36 @ 08/03/12 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Sleeves look pretty bad but overall, the screen looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Yeah, seriously... it's bad enough to warrant being fixed in a patch.

How it should be:

How it is:

How could this be overlooked?
A few weeks ago, I talked about EA missing on an opportunity with the loose sleeves.

What I meant by that is if they did the sleeves correctly, those long sleeves could've been used on today's QBs so that they look more authentic. But at the community event, the stripes appeared just the way they looked in these Irvin screens. I'm not sure if the long sleeves look like that for all the teams, but for the Cowboys, they're off.

# 25 coogrfan @ 08/03/12 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshots of Michael Irvin.
Cam someone please explain to us why EA can get the Niners stripes in the right spot but can't or won't do the same for the Cowboys?

# 26 ItsOrangeBaby @ 08/03/12 10:49 PM
Madden finally went from making the grass and turf better to improving
players models.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

# 27 FreshBatchSupreme @ 08/03/12 11:33 PM
Man I'm excited about this game.Drop the demo!

# 28 riichiieriich @ 08/04/12 12:50 AM
Irvin looks really fat in these pics.

Also, how the hell the PS2 and original Xbox Madden's have mouth pieces with worse technology but they can't do it for this generation? Bunch of BS if you ask me.

# 29 tanner75 @ 08/04/12 02:30 AM
Mouthpieces too hard my ***! 2k had them in EIGHT years ago, embarrassing.

# 30 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 08/04/12 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy

Where is Irvin's mouthpiece?
yea and look at the chin strap and sleeves, no high hook-up on chin strap and the stripes should be alot lower. what happened to mouth pieces in general on madden? i remember madden 05 having them i think

# 31 reverend_heat @ 08/04/12 08:57 AM
Yes they were, they have never been in the current gen Madden though.

# 32 2_headedmonster @ 08/04/12 11:15 AM
Irving its much too big...

# 33 Gaycandybacon @ 08/04/12 11:42 AM
It's funny, theres 1800 + players in the NFL and you expect all of them to look exactly like themselves....? And we're complaining about how a Guy looks, when we can only use him in superstar or what ever?

I know you guys want everything to look perfect but come on people...

# 34 Nza @ 08/04/12 11:46 AM
The first pic is nice but it clearly has some sort of filter applied to it to make it look old.

As for the sleeve stripes, it seems on these old jerseys EA still used the Nike template and simply extended the sleeves, and for some reason the stripes stayed where they are on the Nike version.

# 35 Gaycandybacon @ 08/04/12 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
We don't want it to be perfect, just right .

No but really, we don't expect every single player in the NFL. We just want the main guys on each team. For example, Bills fans complain how bad their QB of all players, looks. (He was the starter last year, and will be this year.) You have to get the main guys right.

Especially when you almost did that on old-gen.
Trust me man I feel you about my team-mates looking bad in the game. I remember when Clay Matthews didn't have his glourous hair at first in madden 10...

At least the madden devolepers are trying to emulate what Irvin looks like.
I don't think I remember them ever trying to make a Micheal Irvin model. They could make the necessary adjustments too to fix his uniform and w/e before the game comes out too.. Also this could be a earlier build of madden 13 you never know..

I just think there's no concern, because this is a player that the majority of Madden Players won't be using on a daily basis.

# 36 Gaycandybacon @ 08/04/12 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Yea sorry i dont like playing backbreaker where everyone looks the same. This is the NFL game available sorry for wanting it to accuratly represent what we see on sundays. If its in the game its in the game right?

Well everyone doesn't look the same... Compared to backbreaker this game his 10 times better player models. Everyone looks like defensive linemen in that game...

# 37 Gaycandybacon @ 08/04/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
Please step down from the defense of Madden bit. There is no excuse that at least 6 players on 32 NFL teams who happen to be the key players on offense and defense and are shown before each game in an intro scene. There is no reason that 192 players FACES and PORTRAITS mind you can't be updated in this game when NBA2K and MLB The SHOW do what they do in the time allowed.

It's no secret EA has alot more money to work with and available people. I am not even asking for the whole friggin' league, I am asking for Ryan Fitzpatrick to get a damn update from his Rookie pic etc. It's bullcrap in it's purest form!
I'm not really defending madden that much. I'm just stating that they could be a lot worse than they already are. Honestly I could care less about how the players look and focus my attention to gameplay more. I am in the same boat you are buddy. I was pissed off that in Madden 11 a 2ND STRING DE named "C.J Wilson" on the Packers(My fav. team) had the completely wrong profile picture... You know how mad that made me feel. I was upset everytime i edited/updated my roster.. I weeped, cried, screamed at the t.v.. I have a passion for how much the game takes a **** on us each year just as much as the next guy. I guess I want to enjoy the game for what it is.

# 38 Gaycandybacon @ 08/04/12 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Could be a lot better considering the tech current gen consoles have along with the money EA has.
Definatley no arguement there lol.

# 39 Gaycandybacon @ 08/04/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
Allow me to add, what do you really have to complain about player wise? Your QB is the golden boy of EA Sports, the guy shaves mid season and EA will make a patch for it ( I kid, lol but he is quite updated every season). The packers are well represented and it's deserved because they are a great team, but should it be about great teams or all 32 teams in the ONLY game that represents the NFL and not their records that create the "cool kids" vibe?

Like i said, at the LEAST, the QB should be well detailed in this game as the leader of the team, and one of the main faces. Fitz was all over the media last season, but then the BILLS disintegrated and that was that, but should the consumer suffer? Those guys along with other shafted NFL players in Madden had great stats and performed well. Why not give them the treatment in game?

Instead of Michael "hulk" Irvin, I should have gotten Stevie Johnson, now Cowboys fans rejoice, and I get Flava Flav's generic face.
"Your QB is the golden boy of EA Sports, the guy shaves mid season and EA will make a patch for it ( I kid, lol but he is quite updated every season)."

XD good one.

I'm not saying it's all about the Packers though. I was just giving an example. And it's pretty obvious I'm gonna me more harsh on Madden for my Green Bay Packers before any other team.

Anyways, I care about every team in the league! I'm a football man at heart. Born in Illinois with a family of Bears fans, and still root for the Bears if they're not playing the Packers and follow a marrated number of teams around the league (As crazy as that sounds) So back on topic.. I really do feel your pain man. About this game, and all the problems it has each year in every aspect of it. I'm in no way a Madden homer. I just like to look for the good in the game, that's all.

# 40 Gaycandybacon @ 08/04/12 01:22 PM
Quote:
I feel ya man. I ask you to put yourself in the shoes of me as a consumer and somone who wants MADDEN to be the best game. I opened my game last year, couldn't wait to see the BILLS who broke out a season before with stats and popularity to finally be repped in game....

Fitz = no beard, Rookie scan

SJ13 ( most popular BILL ) OLD portrait, generic face (looked like Donald Driver and flava flav had a child)

Fred Jackson - Generic face.

I just let it go, still annoyed but tried to play though it. Playing a season with my team and seeing how outdated they were just plain sucked, even the endzones were outdated and wrong.

FF>>>>>>>>>> This season from the videos so far. Same thing
Blue endzone is a year late, but finally present, but my boys are still the same dudes they were 3 Madden's ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bblGNg_KtGs

^That stung and crushed my hopes for this season^

I give this game all the chances in the world each season when I shouldn't, and they steal the good away that I try desperately to find in it.
Lol oh wow

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.